• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members, in our struggle to relocate, the information below about US can be of use so as we can make informed decisions.
Factors like workplace conditions, cost of living, income, taxes, and unemployment rates can differ vastly from state to state.
Rankings of “Best and Worst States to make a living in” published by Forbes this year, was based on income, taxes, cost of living, unemployment, and workplace environment data. This data was obtained from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, C2ER, Tax-Rates.org, and Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index.
These criteria were chosen because they represent all aspects of making a living i.e what chance you have of finding a job, how much you are likely to make, how much you get to keep, how much you can buy for your money, and what it’s like to work in your state.
Going from best to worst, here is how all 50 U.S. states ranked for 2013:
1. Washington
2. Virginia
3. Colorado
4. Texas
5. Wyoming
6. Minnesota
7. Nebraska
8. Utah
9. Kansas
10. Oklahoma
11. Arizona
12. Iowa
13. Massachusetts
14. Missouri
15. Indiana
16. Michigan
17. North Dakota
18. Nevada
19. Pennsylvania
20. Idaho
21. Ohio
22. Illinois
23. Georgia
24. Tennessee
25. Wisconsin
26. Maryland
27. Delaware
28. Florida
29. California
30. Kentucky
31. Arkansas
32. Louisiana
33. Oregon
34. Montana
35. New Mexico
36. New Hampshire
37. Connecticut
38. North Carolina
39. Alabama
40. Maine
41. South Dakota
42. Alaska
43. Vermont
44. West Virginia
45. New Jersey
46. South Carolina
47. New York
48. Rhode Island
49. Mississippi
50. Hawaii

I will be a member of this forum irrespective of the interview outcome, if its a denial, I will share my mistakes so that my followers avoid such mistakes, if is a success , still I will share the success factors so that my followers can adopt them.

I won't leave this forum where I have learnt so much especially from the 2013 thread,count on me sharing my experiences too whatever the out come ,may God bless us all.

the way they ask for KCSE as Kenyan. what they ask for Indian? cz my passport and certificates are Indian
Mushy, the minimum for KCSE that is specified is the minimum required to be admitted on a diploma at University of Nairobi i.e KCSE mean grade C plain or KCSE mean grade C- and a certificate. So in my thinking the equivalent for India should be the minimum required to be admitted on a diploma at the national university of India. Open for discussion

Sorry, i was talking about this.

Members, in our struggle to relocate, the information below about US can be of use so as we can make informed decisions.
Factors like workplace conditions, cost of living, income, taxes, and unemployment rates can differ vastly from state to state.
Rankings of “Best and Worst States to make a living in” published by Forbes this year, was based on income, taxes, cost of living, unemployment, and workplace environment data. This data was obtained from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, C2ER, Tax-Rates.org, and Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index.
These criteria were chosen because they represent all aspects of making a living i.e what chance you have of finding a job, how much you are likely to make, how much you get to keep, how much you can buy for your money, and what it’s like to work in your state.
Going from best to worst, here is how all 50 U.S. states ranked for 2013:
1. Washington
2. Virginia
3. Colorado
4. Texas
5. Wyoming
6. Minnesota
7. Nebraska
8. Utah
9. Kansas
10. Oklahoma
11. Arizona
12. Iowa
13. Massachusetts
14. Missouri
15. Indiana
16. Michigan
17. North Dakota
18. Nevada
19. Pennsylvania
20. Idaho
21. Ohio
22. Illinois
23. Georgia
24. Tennessee
25. Wisconsin
26. Maryland
27. Delaware
28. Florida
29. California
30. Kentucky
31. Arkansas
32. Louisiana
33. Oregon
34. Montana
35. New Mexico
36. New Hampshire
37. Connecticut
38. North Carolina
39. Alabama
40. Maine
41. South Dakota
42. Alaska
43. Vermont
44. West Virginia
45. New Jersey
46. South Carolina
47. New York
48. Rhode Island
49. Mississippi
50. Hawaii

Sorry, i was talking about this.
Ok, these are fact which you should be able to consider when choosing a state in which you are going to live in. Some people may choose to relocate from their point of entries to better states, so such information is useful when making a decision. Like me, my point of entry is Oklahoma but I intend to relocate to Austin Texas if all goes well. This place has mild winters(average minimum winter temp ranges from 6 degrees C), low cost of living and its among the places in US where its easy to make wealth.

i want to know the bulletin of 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 please help me cz i want to know when my CN will current

Mushy, the minimum for KCSE that is specified is the minimum required to be admitted on a diploma at University of Nairobi i.e KCSE mean grade C plain or KCSE mean grade C- and a certificate. So in my thinking the equivalent for India should be the minimum required to be admitted on a diploma at the national university of India. Open for discussion

i have trade certificate in Information Technology and Electronics System Maintenance

Ok, these are fact which you should be able to consider when choosing a state in which you are going to live in. Some people may choose to relocate from their point of entries to better states, so such information is useful when making a decision. Like me, my point of entry is Oklahoma but I intend to relocate to Austin Texas if all goes well. This place has mild winters(average minimum winter temp ranges from 6 degrees C), low cost of living and its among the places in US where its easy to make wealth.

me, i go to New York and then i'll see if i need to go somewhere else or to stay.

advice

i salute all kenyan 2014 selectees i included.i have aproblem,when i was applying for 2014 dv i made an error on my names.im known by two names my documents have only two names,that means i dont have amiddle name.during my dv lottery application i wrote n/a( not applicable)on my middle name since i did not have it.my confermation indicated n/a between my names.my selectees letter also indicated n/a between my names.what can i do

i salute all kenyan 2014 selectees i included.i have aproblem,when i was applying for 2014 dv i made an error on my names.im known by two names my documents have only two names,that means i dont have amiddle name.during my dv lottery application i wrote n/a( not applicable)on my middle name since i did not have it.my confermation indicated n/a between my names.my selectees letter also indicated n/a between my names.what can i do
Just write the correct names in the forms which you send to KCC and then write them a mail explaining this mistake, when you are writing to them, do not forget to quote your case number, names, country and date of birth in format mm/dd/yy. Good luck

me, i go to New York and then i'll see if i need to go somewhere else or to stay.

Yes Danny, its good to first arrive to the state where your host is going to receive you, study the situation, if the state is ok according to your ambition you stay if you need to relocate , you relocate to a better state after all you will be a green card holder. Remember all states have advantages and disadvantages, it all depends on what you want.

i have trade certificate in Information Technology and Electronics System Maintenance
You must have gone through a course of formal education before you acquired this certificate. Please if it does not offend you, post the status of your education from where you started from up to your highest level so that members in the house can evaluate and advice you.

You must have gone through a course of formal education before you acquired this certificate. Please if it does not offend you, post the status of your education from where you started from up to your highest level so that members in the house can evaluate and advice you.

well to be honest i gave my 10th exam in 1999 and failed, i lost 5 subjects and then i tried in 2003 and i failed too, result was same but then i tried in 2009 and passed and the same year i gave 12th and passed too and then i started trade course in ITI(industrial technical institute) in and passed it too. the gap between fail and pass is big and that is why i am worried

Status
Not open for further replies.