• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good Lord has bestowed His mercies upon me today and I thank God for the easiest interview!!!!
Woke up at 5.30 am since I spent the nite @ a relatives crib in Parklands area I was safe coz its less than 15 mins drive to Gigiri and no jam heading to that part of town in the morning....I arrived at the embassy gate 6:45 and found a queue the security guys checked the notification letters and let us in...@ 7.25 was at the security check got cleared and went in. was given a sheet with the requirements and went thru them my docs were checked I even saw my KNEC confirmation cert and after that went to pay the $330 went out to wait for my number to be called...by that time I was very tense but deep inside was praying that everything goes as planned. its the worse feeling coz I have been denied student visa twice and was like Lord have mercy. My number was called had my finger prints taken then the real show began....

CO: Raise your right hand and swear to say the truth.
ME: I swear
CO: Sign the form.
ME: Sahihi
CO: What course did you do after high school?
ME: Bla Bla Bla
CO: I can see you had applied for student visa twice before can u please clarify your marriage....

My heart sunk and was like nimepatikana!!! reason in December of 2011 I had applied for F1 visa as a single applicant visa was never approved then in June of 2012 I applied as married and I still got turned down. Had read I guess in the 2012 or 2013 thread of a lady who was in my situation and followed her heart despite guys telling her that she will never make it and she got her visa. I never thought that I was gonna get a GC so when I filled married in F1 it never crossed my mind that May 1st I was gonna make it. my wife and kids stay in Canada and she's OK with that place and thats why I applied as single when I played the lottery.

ME: I applied as married coz was cohabiting with my lady though the marriage is not yet legal.
CO: Ok your documents are all OK I approve your visa once again Congratulations.
ME: Thanks and have a blessed day.

Thats how my interview went ladies and gentlemen! I think the hardest part of the entire process was the medicals coz GC guys are treated nice and then they got a different section for the DV and Immigrant visa. Guys to me it was the most user friendly woman at counter 6. the last time I went was also interviewed by an old lady who was very rude!! I saw guys get their visas approved so I just wanna encourage fellow forumites who are yet to face the COs to be composed if u pass your medicals trust and believe in the good Lord that the rest will be a walk in the park!!! Family I am praying for you bro I know its gonna be well with you went to IOM and those guys told me to go back on Wednesday which I can't coz I have to head back to Eldoret am working tomorrow and had to pay someone to cover for me today.

Just wanna go prepare my resignation letter and I hope that God willing come January by His mercies I will be representing in Delaware. I want to also take this opportunity to thank you all for the prayers and encouragements not forgetting the help that we have shared all along its been of help and I trust that our 2014 team will be full of winners.

Godia,

congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience with the group.

I called IOM they've told me its high season but from January 23rd British airways will charge me 69K and some hundreds....I guess IOM is the better option for immigrants coz its only one connection via London.

The good Lord has bestowed His mercies upon me today and I thank God for the easiest interview!!!!
Woke up at 5.30 am since I spent the nite @ a relatives crib in Parklands area I was safe coz its less than 15 mins drive to Gigiri and no jam heading to that part of town in the morning....I arrived at the embassy gate 6:45 and found a queue the security guys checked the notification letters and let us in...@ 7.25 was at the security check got cleared and went in. was given a sheet with the requirements and went thru them my docs were checked I even saw my KNEC confirmation cert and after that went to pay the $330 went out to wait for my number to be called...by that time I was very tense but deep inside was praying that everything goes as planned. its the worse feeling coz I have been denied student visa twice and was like Lord have mercy. My number was called had my finger prints taken then the real show began....

CO: I can see you had applied for student visa twice before can u please clarify your marriage....

My heart sunk and was like nimepatikana!!! reason in December of 2011 I had applied for F1 visa as a single applicant visa was never approved then in June of 2012 I applied as married and I still got turned down. Had read I guess in the 2012 or 2013 thread of a lady who was in my situation and followed her heart despite guys telling her that she will never make it and she got her visa. I never thought that I was gonna get a GC so when I filled married in F1 it never crossed my mind that May 1st I was gonna make it. my wife and kids stay in Canada and she's OK with that place and thats why I applied as single when I played the lottery.

ME: I applied as married coz was cohabiting with my lady though the marriage is not yet legal.
CO: Ok your documents are all OK I approve your visa once again Congratulations.

Thats how my interview went ladies and gentlemen! I think the hardest part of the entire process was the medicals coz GC guys are treated nice and then they got a different section for the DV and Immigrant visa. Guys to me it was the most user friendly woman at counter 6. the last time I went was also interviewed by an old lady who was very rude!! I saw guys get their visas approved so I just wanna encourage fellow forumites who are yet to face the COs to be composed if u pass your medicals trust and believe in the good Lord that the rest will be a walk in the park!!! Family I am praying for you bro I know its gonna be well with you went to IOM and those guys told me to go back on Wednesday which I can't coz I have to head back to Eldoret am working tomorrow and had to pay someone to cover for me today.

Just wanna go prepare my resignation letter and I hope that God willing come January by His mercies I will be representing in Delaware. I want to also take this opportunity to thank you all for the prayers and encouragements not forgetting the help that we have shared all along its been of help and I trust that our 2014 team will be full of winners.

Congratulations Godia!!!am excited for you man!!hope everything you are planning works out nice for you and that you'll keep on blogging every so often updating us on your progress. Up next to face the CO...: 4turya!!!.Teren Teren...

I called IOM they've told me its high season but from January 23rd British airways will charge me 69K and some hundreds....I guess IOM is the better option for immigrants coz its only one connection via London.

wow that's cheaper than I had actually anticipated!!!I was uko 120/150 gz.hehe Good stuff Godia; keep us updated budda

nairoba,olesh ,jorj and danny are you guys avallable really you have been under the radar for quite sum tyms hope ya all good

we in here plenty akelloh, thanks for checkin up on us.yeah our days are clocking faster than we can say visa but God's in control. am nervous man I can't get any job done honestly. That Godia news tho', that right there lifted my spirits.

No doubt about that!!and as you go for your medical exam,I will be sitting for my kasneb exams!!

haha partitas.make sure u concentrate!!I for sure do know if I were sitting an exam ANYTIME within or around MAY this year (when they notified me I was selected) TO DECEMBER; me I'd FLANK SOO BAAAD!! I'D BE ASKED TO BRING MY PARENTS

Thx my God, ...oooh GOd

Partitas, check your yahoo, I have sent you some thing about what you were asking. Confirm receipt please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Congrats for passing your visa interview, I passed my medicals on Tuesday and Wednesday last week and now preparing for my visa interview scheduled for the 9th Dec. Kindly could you tell me if embassy requires us to have KNEC KCSE confirmation certificates.

1st NL: 20th May
Sent forms: 25th May
Confirmation of receipt by KCC: 10th June
Police clearance: 13th Sept
Medicals: 19th and 20th Nov
Visa interview: 9th Dec

Thanks to the Almighty God and I request for his mercies!!!

Kindly could someone tell me if the embassy requires us to have KNEC KCSE confirmation certificates? Thanks and God bless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hallo, are we require to get our KNEC KCSE confirmation certs or the embassy gets them from KNEC on their own? Thanks.

Kindly could anyone tell me if the embassy requires us to have KNEC KCSE confirmation certificates? Thanks and God bless.

Yea u go to knec a week before your interview pay two thousand bob and knec will forward the confirmation to the embassy. Make sure to do that to avoid AP

Kindly could someone tell me if the embassy requires us to have KNEC KCSE confirmation certificates? Thanks and God bless.

Yes...
You need to visit Knec offices Extelecom or Nhc bldg and request them to send your Confidential KCSE cert to the Embassy. It'll cost you Ksh 2,000.
Welcome to this forum, we are a Family ( a dv family), Any question that you might have, just post it here. I and the other members will be glad to help out where we can!
What's your case number?
Again congrats for being selected and all the best in advance. ;)

KCSE Issue

Hi Peeps,

D_J Here, I wanted to inquire if anybody knows someone who had different names in KCSE Cert and Passport and other documents and still got a visa?

I have that issue in that My KCSE name and the names in the other documents are different (One name). What do I need to go with on my day of the interview for the DV?

Thanks peeps.

karibu member..u have to send the forms early..actually did the process almost a month and a half earlier..but a week will suffice...
Hallo, are we require to get our KNEC KCSE confirmation certs or the embassy gets them from KNEC on their own? Thanks.

Hello my case number is 2014AF00015xxx

Thanks, God bless....

2014AF00015xxx