• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Well Hamniwes don't give up yet. I am not sure those are confirmed numbers yet. Let us wait and see whether they are confirmed. Even if they are confirmed, that will be the biggest jump it has made this year for AFRICA.
Yeah, I gotta agree with u. Lets wait for the official numbers. But I am in a much better shape now. To all the high CNs, let us not give up hope. Somehow we will make it. Wheres Akelloh, missing his updates. To Kaia, am happy for u, wishing u uneventful preparations. Cheers.

Hey forum mates hope you doing great,its exactly 1 month n 2 weeks since i came to dallas,n so far my greencard arrived,i did my learners permit exam n passed ,hoping soon to hit the road.I want to wish all of you the best who are doing theire medicals,interviews n the ones waiting for theire 2 nd letters.GOd bless you.

So good to see my peep on the forum. Its been a while that I have posted on the forum.
We arrived US safely. So far, I have gotten my social security number, green card and a job.
Though this is not my job of choice but I hope to get one that is related to my course of study.
Settling down is not an easy task at all, but with God on our side, we are good to go.
I really missed everybody here.
Any body in the forum that resides in Charlotte North Carolina? We can link up.

So good to see my peep on the forum. Its been a while that I have posted on the forum.
We arrived US safely. So far, I have gotten my social security number, green card and a job.
Though this is not my job of choice but I hope to get one that is related to my course of study.
Settling down is not an easy task at all, but with God on our side, we are good to go.

Hey Samolaniyi,

nice hearing from you. It has been indeed awhile and good to to know you're settling down. You will be fine.

Hey forum mates hope you doing great,its exactly 1 month n 2 weeks since i came to dallas,n so far my greencard arrived,i did my learners permit exam n passed ,hoping soon to hit the road.I want to wish all of you the best who are doing theire medicals,interviews n the ones waiting for theire 2 nd letters.GOd bless you.
Hey Resain,

thanks for keeping in touch and nice to know things are falling into place. All the best with the change-over.

Ok, will make this as brief as can be:
The medicals went very smooth... We got to IOM before 7.30am on Day 1 and therefore had to stay outside the gate for about 15mins. Found about 15 people waiting and I realized they were letting in the guys who had to give in a sputum sample as soon as they arrived at the gate.
We did all the day 1 stuff (Counseling, Chest Xray, Blood testing); and then went and paid at Village Market. By 11am, we were through with the bank and we started wondering what to do for the rest of the day, lol!
Anyway, I had to keep a sharp eye on the girls' arms to make sure they do not scratch in the 'Skin testing zone'. Our bill was lower than what we had been initially told; by about more than 30,000 Ksh! It was amazing! We paid a total of 70k; that was such a relief. We were all exempted from chicken pox vaccination (the 4 of us, 2 adults and the two young gals); good enough, my gals got measles before the end of last year and of course my husband and I 'got chicken pox while young'; the rule stands... I was also exempted from another shot so I only got 2 jabs; one on the left; the other on the right. (For reasons known to me alone!!)
Day 2 went fine too; my 4 year got 4 shots and shocked on lookers by not crying! Till this day, I think she's 'strange'! Very brave gal. Her elder sister screamed when she saw the needle but didn't cry during the vaccination. I guess she tried to be like her little sis. We were through by 10.30am.

Interview day...
The cab guy picked us up at 5.40am! He was right on time. We got to the Embassy towards 6am and found about 10 people waiting outside the gate. It was cold!!! But from other posts, I knew it would be cold so I wasn't very shocked. I only felt sorry the little gals. They kept saying 'mummy, am freezing!' Like I didn't know! Gate was opened about 6.30am and by then, the lines (both for ladies and gentlemen) were rather long. Maybe about 30 people per line? I dont know...
They didn't seem to care if some of us had children or not (yet previously, people said that matters! I guess my day was different); good enough, my 4 yr needed to use the toilet. So I was told to come forth, through the first security and then to the second. I am not saying you guys should use the same trip but well, it worked for me.
Anyway, 2nd check, etc.... and then the waiting outside in the tent seemed to take forever. My coupon number was first called after like 30mins of waiting; for the documentation verification. Then next called after about 20mins for fingerprints after which we seemed to wait for almost an hour before the final moment.

CO: I need the adults to come closer to the microphone... (which we did) Raise your right hand and swear to tell the truth
We: We do
CO: Kaiaug, when did you complete your high school?
Me: mentioned when i completed my O'level, instead of A'level; I then tried to correct it and she was like 'never mind'
CO: And what did you do after?
Me: Did this and that.....
CO: And I see you did blah blah after that....
Me: Yes, I did
CO: As she passed the documents back to me... 'Your documents look fine to me, so I have approved your visa'
Me: Thanks!!!
I almost walked away and realized she had started explaining on how to register for DHL and so on.... Couldn't wait to go out and scream.
Funny thing is that as we walked away, my husband was called back to the same window. I got mixed reactions. He was then told that they forgot to do his thumbprints! Phew!!

Now, we expected to get our passports back on Friday, since our interview was on Wednesday. On Thursday by midday, our status was reading 'Printed' so we assumed we must get an email maybe Friday morning or at least by lunch time. We waited and waited and as we almost gave up hope, the emails came in at 5.45pm! DHL closes at 6pm and it was hard for us to be there in 15mins. So we called the DHL guys and they said they open on Saturdays, too. We booked a bus for 10am, Saturday, only to get to DHL that morning and we are told the Visa packets are only given out from Monday to Friday! Now, that's not something we thought we would hear. I almost screamed. Anyway, we went back to the hotel and the bus guys accepted to push us to Monday, same time. That weekend was very long!!! We needed to return home.
So, here we are now.... intending to travel on 23rd or 24th of June.

Over to you, guys....
Awesome...you got yourself some tough ladies indeed...thanks for sharing your experience with us. All the best with preps for the relocation.

Guys with High CNs,I included,are you still hopeful?
Right now I'm engaging in self-therapy considering the bleakness of the data.Hope is gone.

Wow grt progress!! Wish you all the best a head with jobs etc...you must be enjoying american life!!!

Never say never till its over!!! Ngozimoja ..We are in the same boat...mate.!! We are many backbenchers in this forum..so lets lift our hopes high for another 30 something days....they could turn around and pull a rabbit from the hat...be encouraged..just need to focus on the world cup to ease the pressure!!!!

Right now I'm engaging in self-therapy considering the bleakness of the data.Hope is gone.

Hi Prince John...I believe from mid next month being july till end of july... as they need to give us guys around 6 to 8 weeks to prepare.......for the interviews

For those whose case numbers will fall under the cut-off category for Aug,when should they expect the 2nd NL?

Great to hear from you Sam!! We thank God for the progress.....with time everything will fall into place like a puzzel..a time like this next year you will be much further a head......keep matching foward everything will get easier and stable with time.......cheers!!!

Dont worry my man, in one month we will know where we stand. If we dont make it then life goes on, if we make it we live our dreams..... So no need stressin over something we cant change. Whats your CN?

Man, if I find myself across the pond having my GC, that will make having that party so heavenly..... So Family how are the preps going?

I've hidden the last 3 numbers of your CN for your own protection. I think Britsimon also did the same thing on another post of yours.

When sharing your CN in a public forum, protect yourself by not revealing all the characters in it, same thing with personal information. This is the last time we will edit your CN on your behalf.