• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Thanks Britsimon....we can always count on you for help....we appreciate the good work!!!
I think it is official we can no longer post on the old forums, that our beloved father of the forum started Mr Gurrix himself!! Lol... They have put a HUGE PADDLOCK on the forums title....so it means it is a read only now....from march going backwards...so April/May postings could be lost!! Great day guys....

Sorry guys, the previous thread is now on a lock down. The reasoning behind the lockdown is to help streamline things, there's no point having 2 threads addressing the same issue open at the same time.

The old thread is however still available as a 'Read Only'. Just like all the other threads from the old forum that got migrated, it only has data up to the end of March, that's as far back as the back up data goes.

Hope you all enjoy posting in the new thread which has been pinned up for easier access.

<quote> I think it is official we can no
longer post on the old forums,
that our beloved father of the
forum started Mr Gurrix
himself!! Lol... They have put a
HUGE PADDLOCK on the
forums title....so it means it is
a read only now....from march
going backwards...so April/
May postings could be lost!!
Great day guys.... </quote>
me thinks its now official. Gurix is now grandfather of the thread. The father being Utamaduni..... Man! Cant monday just hurry? Im checking on the calendar every five minutes.....

Hi guys!
I am back; have been up and down trying to adjust to the new life (from being selected, to getting a 2NL and now to after the interview)! It's a real adjustment believe me. I am thankful to God for all that we've gone through and this forum has contributed so much towards my journey to getting an American Visa! I do not feel like I have a rather different experience from the rest and that's why I have posted anything yet.
But all in all, I am happy about this!
Hi KaiaUG,

welcome back...for the benefit of the members, it would be good to post your experience here so others can get encouraged. If those before you also said the same, we wouldn't be here in the first place. Please go ahead and share. Have a nice day

forum started Mr Gurrix
HUGE PADDLOCK on the
me thinks its now official. Gurix is now grandfather of the thread. The father being Utamaduni..... Man! Cant monday just hurry? Im checking on the calendar every five minutes.....

Hey Hamniwes,

You have come 8 months, surely a couple of days isn't much...but I feel you my friend. Everything will be fine just hang in. By the end of this week the VB will most likely be out anyway...just a couple of days. Good day my friend.

I know I shouldn't be pessimistic considering am no way near the very last CNs, but sometimes I feel disheartened that all I can do is hoping about the unknown.Guys do you seriously believe Africa can go 'CURRENT'?

forum started Mr Gurrix
HUGE PADDLOCK on the

checking on the calendar? hahahaha but not more than i do.
the famous site is now showing coming soon;)

Mushy, re apprenticeships. If this is to qualify for DV through work experience, then no. The work performed has to be at a level defined by O*Net database - and any form of apprenticeship is unlikely to cover that.

so its going to be count as study???

so its going to be count as study???

Are you the principal applicant or your wife is? It is the qualification of the principal applicant that matters, and that's either a HS diploma or at least two years’ experience within the past five years in a job that requires at least two years of training, and the job has to meet the laid down O*Net database requirements

well i am the principle applicant and i have work experience of 4 years but not in last 5 years but i have apprenticeship of one year and work experience of a year in last 5 years

well i am the principle applicant and i have work experience of 4 years but not in last 5 years but i have apprenticeship of one year and work experience of a year in last 5 years

Before getting worried about the number of years of experience you have, the question you need to answer or ask yourself is: have you checked the O*net database to confirm that your job falls with Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) range of 7.0 or higher?

You need to be aware that proving qualification based on work experience is usually VERY hard to do. So do you have a HS diploma which is equivalent to US 12 years of high schooling?

Before getting worried about the number of years of experience you have, the question you need to answer or ask yourself is: have you checked the O*net database to confirm that your job falls with Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) range of 7.0 or higher?

You need to be aware that proving qualification based on work experience is usually VERY hard to do. So do you have a HS diploma which is equivalent to US 12 years of high schooling?
well show me or explain me how do i check it

Hey Hamniwes,

You have come 8 months, surely a couple of days isn't much...but I feel you my friend. Everything will be fine just hang in. By the end of this week the VB will most likely be out anyway...just a couple of days. Good day my friend.

Am gud bwana Jonge. Am hanging on cause indeed we hv come from faaaar...... In the nxt vb u current, how r the preps going?

that i know but how to check on O*net website???
Go to onet website, either search for job occupation, or go to job zone, click on all occupations, look for your occupation, click on it, see svp range, I think it should be 7.0 to 8.0 to qualify.... Basically that should cut it.