• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

its showing 6 to 7

If you mean the job you are (or have) performed is at SVP 6 to 7 then it is not just the length of time worked that is an issue. You don't mention what job zone your work is classified as - that is important too. The rules say this:-

"High School Education: A high school education means successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of a 12-year course in the United States.

Work Experience: If you are qualifying with work experience, you must have two years of experience in the last five years, in an occupation which, by U.S. Department of Labor definitions, requires at least two years of training or experience that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating of 7.0 or higher.

The U.S. Department of Labor provides information on job duties, knowledge and skills, education and training, and other occupational characteristics on their website http://www.onetonline.org/. The O*Net online database groups work experience into five "job zones." While many occupations are listed, only certain specified occupations qualify for the Diversity Visa Program."

You can qualify on education basis alone, or on work experience alone. Work experience route is harder because it is somewhat subjective. However, given the time you have worked (after the apprenticeship) is only 1 year in the last 5 years AND that that job (as you are now saying) is not a SVP of 7.0 or above then I am starting to fear that you will not qualify by work experience.

So - are you qualified by the education route?

OK - that job doesn't qualify. It is job zone 3 (should be 4 or 5 to qualify) and SVP range of 6 to <7.0 (has to be 7.0 or higher). Even if you could tweak your job description to be more aligned with a higher rated job, you then will have the issue that you need 2 years work experience (not training) over the last 5 years. So - based on what you have said, I don't think you can qualify on work experience.

AF 69300? I am totally TOTALLY gutted. Expecting a 20K jump for Sep? Am a bit sceptical on this one.... One more month, either make it, or break it. #ridingonborrowedhope

AF 69300? I am totally TOTALLY gutted. Expecting a 20K jump for Sep? Am a bit sceptical on this one.... One more month, either make it, or break it. #ridingonborrowedhope

Well Hamniwes don't give up yet. I am not sure those are confirmed numbers yet. Let us wait and see whether they are confirmed. Even if they are confirmed, that will be the biggest jump it has made this year for AFRICA.

Wow...that was lightening super fast relocation....Guess can now just wish you a great new start...pass our regards to Dannyden!!

Mates, this is to let you know that I m now in Phoenix-Az, in the same house with Danny den , we ve the same host , and I wish u all the best mates

Hi KaiaUG,

welcome back...for the benefit of the members, it would be good to post your experience here so others can get encouraged. If those before you also said the same, we wouldn't be here in the first place. Please go ahead and share. Have a nice day

Ok, will make this as brief as can be:
The medicals went very smooth... We got to IOM before 7.30am on Day 1 and therefore had to stay outside the gate for about 15mins. Found about 15 people waiting and I realized they were letting in the guys who had to give in a sputum sample as soon as they arrived at the gate.
We did all the day 1 stuff (Counseling, Chest Xray, Blood testing); and then went and paid at Village Market. By 11am, we were through with the bank and we started wondering what to do for the rest of the day, lol!
Anyway, I had to keep a sharp eye on the girls' arms to make sure they do not scratch in the 'Skin testing zone'. Our bill was lower than what we had been initially told; by about more than 30,000 Ksh! It was amazing! We paid a total of 70k; that was such a relief. We were all exempted from chicken pox vaccination (the 4 of us, 2 adults and the two young gals); good enough, my gals got measles before the end of last year and of course my husband and I 'got chicken pox while young'; the rule stands... I was also exempted from another shot so I only got 2 jabs; one on the left; the other on the right. (For reasons known to me alone!!)
Day 2 went fine too; my 4 year got 4 shots and shocked on lookers by not crying! Till this day, I think she's 'strange'! Very brave gal. Her elder sister screamed when she saw the needle but didn't cry during the vaccination. I guess she tried to be like her little sis. We were through by 10.30am.

Interview day...
The cab guy picked us up at 5.40am! He was right on time. We got to the Embassy towards 6am and found about 10 people waiting outside the gate. It was cold!!! But from other posts, I knew it would be cold so I wasn't very shocked. I only felt sorry the little gals. They kept saying 'mummy, am freezing!' Like I didn't know! Gate was opened about 6.30am and by then, the lines (both for ladies and gentlemen) were rather long. Maybe about 30 people per line? I dont know...
They didn't seem to care if some of us had children or not (yet previously, people said that matters! I guess my day was different); good enough, my 4 yr needed to use the toilet. So I was told to come forth, through the first security and then to the second. I am not saying you guys should use the same trip but well, it worked for me.
Anyway, 2nd check, etc.... and then the waiting outside in the tent seemed to take forever. My coupon number was first called after like 30mins of waiting; for the documentation verification. Then next called after about 20mins for fingerprints after which we seemed to wait for almost an hour before the final moment.

CO: I need the adults to come closer to the microphone... (which we did) Raise your right hand and swear to tell the truth
We: We do
CO: Kaiaug, when did you complete your high school?
Me: mentioned when i completed my O'level, instead of A'level; I then tried to correct it and she was like 'never mind'
CO: And what did you do after?
Me: Did this and that.....
CO: And I see you did blah blah after that....
Me: Yes, I did
CO: As she passed the documents back to me... 'Your documents look fine to me, so I have approved your visa'
Me: Thanks!!!
I almost walked away and realized she had started explaining on how to register for DHL and so on.... Couldn't wait to go out and scream.
Funny thing is that as we walked away, my husband was called back to the same window. I got mixed reactions. He was then told that they forgot to do his thumbprints! Phew!!

Now, we expected to get our passports back on Friday, since our interview was on Wednesday. On Thursday by midday, our status was reading 'Printed' so we assumed we must get an email maybe Friday morning or at least by lunch time. We waited and waited and as we almost gave up hope, the emails came in at 5.45pm! DHL closes at 6pm and it was hard for us to be there in 15mins. So we called the DHL guys and they said they open on Saturdays, too. We booked a bus for 10am, Saturday, only to get to DHL that morning and we are told the Visa packets are only given out from Monday to Friday! Now, that's not something we thought we would hear. I almost screamed. Anyway, we went back to the hotel and the bus guys accepted to push us to Monday, same time. That weekend was very long!!! We needed to return home.
So, here we are now.... intending to travel on 23rd or 24th of June.

Over to you, guys....

Guys, how do I update my signature with this new look? I do not seem to find the edit thing. Is there still a way?

Thanks for sharing....wow those were close calls there!! But i am glad all went well....I thank the almighty for your success....wish you all the best in your relocation end of the month....your daughters will love the flight there and the new life too...making new friends etc........

Ok, will make this as brief as can be:
The medicals went very smooth... We got to IOM before 7.30am on Day 1 and therefore had to stay outside the gate for about 15mins. Found about 15 people waiting and I realized they were letting in the guys who had to give in a sputum sample as soon as they arrived at the gate.
We did all the day 1 stuff (Counseling, Chest Xray, Blood testing); and then went and paid at Village Market. By 11am, we were through with the bank and we started wondering what to do for the rest of the day, lol!
Anyway, I had to keep a sharp eye on the girls' arms to make sure they do not scratch in the 'Skin testing zone'. Our bill was lower than what we had been initially told; by about more than 30,000 Ksh! It was amazing! We paid a total of 70k; that was such a relief. We were all exempted from chicken pox vaccination (the 4 of us, 2 adults and the two young gals); good enough, my gals got measles before the end of last year and of course my husband and I 'got chicken pox while young'; the rule stands... I was also exempted from another shot so I only got 2 jabs; one on the left; the other on the right. (For reasons known to me alone!!)
Day 2 went fine too; my 4 year got 4 shots and shocked on lookers by not crying! Till this day, I think she's 'strange'! Very brave gal. Her elder sister screamed when she saw the needle but didn't cry during the vaccination. I guess she tried to be like her little sis. We were through by 10.30am.

Interview day...
The cab guy picked us up at 5.40am! He was right on time. We got to the Embassy towards 6am and found about 10 people waiting outside the gate. It was cold!!! But from other posts, I knew it would be cold so I wasn't very shocked. I only felt sorry the little gals. They kept saying 'mummy, am freezing!' Like I didn't know! Gate was opened about 6.30am and by then, the lines (both for ladies and gentlemen) were rather long. Maybe about 30 people per line? I dont know...
They didn't seem to care if some of us had children or not (yet previously, people said that matters! I guess my day was different); good enough, my 4 yr needed to use the toilet. So I was told to come forth, through the first security and then to the second. I am not saying you guys should use the same trip but well, it worked for me.
Anyway, 2nd check, etc.... and then the waiting outside in the tent seemed to take forever. My coupon number was first called after like 30mins of waiting; for the documentation verification. Then next called after about 20mins for fingerprints after which we seemed to wait for almost an hour before the final moment.

CO: I need the adults to come closer to the microphone... (which we did) Raise your right hand and swear to tell the truth
We: We do
CO: Kaiaug, when did you complete your high school?
Me: mentioned when i completed my O'level, instead of A'level; I then tried to correct it and she was like 'never mind'
CO: And what did you do after?
Me: Did this and that.....
CO: And I see you did blah blah after that....
Me: Yes, I did
CO: As she passed the documents back to me... 'Your documents look fine to me, so I have approved your visa'
Me: Thanks!!!
I almost walked away and realized she had started explaining on how to register for DHL and so on.... Couldn't wait to go out and scream.
Funny thing is that as we walked away, my husband was called back to the same window. I got mixed reactions. He was then told that they forgot to do his thumbprints! Phew!!

Now, we expected to get our passports back on Friday, since our interview was on Wednesday. On Thursday by midday, our status was reading 'Printed' so we assumed we must get an email maybe Friday morning or at least by lunch time. We waited and waited and as we almost gave up hope, the emails came in at 5.45pm! DHL closes at 6pm and it was hard for us to be there in 15mins. So we called the DHL guys and they said they open on Saturdays, too. We booked a bus for 10am, Saturday, only to get to DHL that morning and we are told the Visa packets are only given out from Monday to Friday! Now, that's not something we thought we would hear. I almost screamed. Anyway, we went back to the hotel and the bus guys accepted to push us to Monday, same time. That weekend was very long!!! We needed to return home.
So, here we are now.... intending to travel on 23rd or 24th of June.

Over to you, guys....