• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Mdv2014,

How do I contact chicago office. My application was received on 4th Sept and haven't got any response yet. I know Spice2013 was submitted after me and got the acceptance already.

Wondering if it's normal and should continue to wait or call them and ask on status.

what's the number and directions to reach second level officer ?

Thanks.

Hi,

For sure you need to call them. Please they clearly mentioned in their website if you have not received anything after 10 business day you need to call them. It does not matter, both levels of officer have access to your files. So they can tell you what happened to your documents.

Thx , What is the # ? Sorry , couldn't find right website or location.

Thanks.

Hi,

For sure you need to call them. Please they clearly mentioned in their website if you have not received anything after 10 business day you need to call them. It does not matter, both levels of officer have access to your files. So they can tell you what happened to your documents.

Bad news!

THe spreadsheets are not public. Can you guys share it or authorize our requests on google drive?

Which spreadsheets are you referring to? Can you post the links here?

Some bad news guys. It looks like the account used in creating the AOS Process Spreadsheets on google drive got hacked. We also, like the rest of you are no longer able to access the document. I'm equally getting a "You need permission. Want in? Ask the owner for access, or switch to an account with permission" response each time I try to access it. Looks like someone got into the account and revoked all access to the document (?) I don't know for sure at this stage, but we're trying to resolve this. Hopefully, we may have some success at the end of the day. Maybe? :confused:

New immigration status & payslips

My wife got selected in lottery and we sent our DSP-122 forms to KCC showing our intent to do AOS in US. At that time, my wife was on H4 (Primary applicant) and I on H1B(secondary applicant). My wife's employer had applied for her new H1B this year, which got approved yesterday. So, as of October 1st, she will be on H1B visa (and I will continue to be on H1B) as well.

1.) We are current on November 1st as per the VB (2014AF00008XXX). Do we need to do something to mark this change of status in her immigration status now?

2.) Also, she will not get her first payslip until End of November, as her company runs payroll a month in lag. So, will it be ok to send the I-485 package on November 1st without her payslips? We will include offer letter, I-797 from her company.

Please let me know.
Thanks.

Hey Guys!

Does one need to sign Affidavit of support? I know there are two such documents, i-134 or i-864

Would I need either of those if I can support myself?

Hi kuharido,

If you can support yourself, you don't need these forms. But you need to provide appropriate documentation proving your financial capability. Look at the second page of this spreadsheet to see what documents you need:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AozhLxh12qzYdDU3WkxHaFFtdVI4Y01oTFc3ZnZlb1E#gid=1

Hey Guys!

Does one need to sign Affidavit of support? I know there are two such documents, i-134 or i-864

Would I need either of those if I can support myself?

1. Include evidence of her new status with your I-485 package

2. Yes. Payslips can be presented at the time of your interview.

My wife got selected in lottery and we sent our DSP-122 forms to KCC showing our intent to do AOS in US. At that time, my wife was on H4 (Primary applicant) and I on H1B(secondary applicant). My wife's employer had applied for her new H1B this year, which got approved yesterday. So, as of October 1st, she will be on H1B visa (and I will continue to be on H1B) as well.

1.) We are current on November 1st as per the VB (2014AF00008XXX). Do we need to do something to mark this change of status in her immigration status now?

2.) Also, she will not get her first payslip until End of November, as her company runs payroll a month in lag. So, will it be ok to send the I-485 package on November 1st without her payslips? We will include offer letter, I-797 from her company.

Please let me know.
Thanks.

Question Regarding Form I-485

In form I-485 part 3, Section C:
Should I enter only my affiliation with institutes such as IEEE, student associations, etc. Or is it OK if I enter my current and previous jobs or positions at companies or universities too ?

Got acceptance via email and also check cashed.

Waiting for NOA(I-797).

Somehwhat relieved :) . Took ~12 business days for response from day AOS was received at chicago.

Called , they said it may take 3-4 weeks. Keep looking for checks being cashed / text / mail.

Checking almost every hour :)

It just might considering our package is at NBC who primarily does this thing only along with evidence/documents verification.

From 2013 data , it takes ~5/10 days between NOA and Bio-metrics letter.

The Oct 1st constraint is for VISA issuance only but previous tasks can be done earlier.

Anyways Oct-1st is also a week away only.

Nice!!!!!

Do you guys think they will schedule any bio before Oct 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.