• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
My suggestion would be anything between 3 - 6 months should suffice. The purpose of the bank statements is not just to show how much the appliucant currently has in his/her bank account. It's supposed to help the IO determine the pattern of resources available to you on an ongoing basis. If they go by just one month's statement, it will be a lot easier for someone to 'borrow' money from some other sources and dump it into the account for the purpose of the interview. However, the IO may not even pay attention to the bank statements if you have IRS print outs or W2 or an employment letter indicating how much you earn, and how long you've been on the job.

I also intended to send only the last month statement. How many month back statements are needed? Thank you

I also intended to send only the last month statement. How many month back statements are needed? Thank you

Banks have a standard format for immigration purpose. I got mine from Bank Of A. It gave a 6 mth snapshot of average monthly balance and the last balance.

DOS Payment Receipt?

Hey Guys,

Today we got back the DOS receipt for our AOS fees payment to Department of State ($330 per person). We had sent a self addressed envelope along with our Cashiers Check and a cover letter (in the format provided on USCIS website) stating Last Name, First Name, DV# etc.

In that self addressed envelope that we got today, we only received our cover letter back with a stamp of "PAID" on it with date and "TC" written on it.

Is this how the receipt from DOS supposed to be?
Please confirm.

Hey Guys,

Today we got back the DOS receipt for our AOS fees payment to Department of State ($330 per person). We had sent a self addressed envelope along with our Cashiers Check and a cover letter (in the format provided on USCIS website) stating Last Name, First Name, DV# etc.

In that self addressed envelope that we got today, we only received our cover letter back with a stamp of "PAID" on it with date and "TC" written on it.

Please confirm.

Yes. Mine was as your description.

Hey Guys,

Please confirm.
That's it. On mine the stamp was even fading. You'd expect for $330 a person they would invest a little bit more on the proof of payment...

Totally agree. When I first saw it, I thought OMG I would need to each out to them again.

But Thanks Hexa and s6656.

That's it. On mine the stamp was even fading. You'd expect for $330 a person they would invest a little bit more on the proof of payment...

AOS Package Rejected

So my AOS package was rejected for being too early. How frustrating! I sent the Chicago lockbox an email and now I'm waiting for their response. I plan to resend the package by October 1st, hopefully by then they would have heard of the policy memorandum, and given that the new FY wouldn't started, then hopefully they'll accept it this time.

W - forms

Hello everybody,
I am a research assistant in a graduate school. But I got this position only in the beginning of this year. So do not have W-2 or IRS forms. Do I have to send any other "W" forms like W-4? I also have a statement from bank showing a sufficient amount on my account and payment receipts. So what of these docs should I send in my AOS package?

Thank you, guys!

So my AOS package was rejected for being too early. How frustrating! I sent the Chicago lockbox an email and now I'm waiting for their response. I plan to resend the package by October 1st, hopefully by then they would have heard of the policy memorandum, and given that the new FY wouldn't started, then hopefully they'll accept it this time.

Sorry to hear about your case. Mine was received on the 19th Sept. As advised I have included a cover letter and the new policy memo highlighting the new changes.

Some of them who sent in Sept, got accepted but they are current in Oct unlike you. Looks like i am also going to get back the package as I am current only in Nov.

Received 2nd NL from KCC !

After approx. 3.5 months, we got the 2nd NL from KCC today. We had sent our DSP-122 and other stuff showing intention to do AOS on 11th June....
Thanks.

Hello everybody,
I am a research assistant in a graduate school. But I got this position only in the beginning of this year. So do not have W-2 or IRS forms. Do I have to send any other "W" forms like W-4? I also have a statement from bank showing a sufficient amount on my account and payment receipts. So what of these docs should I send in my AOS package?

Thank you, guys!

You should include your offer of employment letter or an employment verification letter which shows how much you're earning. I don't think a W-4 can replace the W-2, but you can take it along with you to your interview.

Hello everybody,

Thank you, guys!
You need to send the bank statements to prove that you have enough money not to be a public charge, along with the employment verification letter from the university. Remember that you need to bring the most recent bank statement and an updated employment verification letter for the interview.

As an F-1 your case should be easy as the IO can instantly check SEVIS whether or not you're still in status, and the visa already requires you to have enough funds to cover at least one year of tuition and living cost. On top of it your U.S. university obviously has done its part in making sure that your high school and undergrad diplomas are valid as part of the admission process.

Thanks fiefia, Sm1smom and s6656 for your answers. I really appreciate it.

PS: Sometimes when I try to post I get a message saying that my post needs moderator approval, but never shows up.

Suggestion on sending the DSP-122

Hi everyone,

I'm looking forward to participating in this thread and learning all about this DV process!

I've done my best to read through every single post up until this page, but still not sure about the timing of DSP-122.

CN: EU00028xxx doing AOS as best option and my country selected last year less than 700 people and out of that only about 350 got the visas.

About me: I'm an F1 student, who's OPT card expired in February 2013. Then, I used about 30 days of grace period to switch my I-20 from my university to MCAT test prep program that began in April 2013. Now, my MCAT test prep program is coming to an end and I-20 expires on October 1st. There is no way I can extend it, so I have to switch to some place else.

My question: Since my most recent I-20 was issued to me in April 2013, should I send out the DSP-122 right now before my current I-20 expires on October 1st or should I get a new I-20 from another school, then wait 90 days and then send it out?

The thing is I read several times about the bona fide intent and I do intend to continue my studies, but I need time because I won't be able to apply to Master's program until May-June of 2014. So, I can obviously enroll in an Writing Intensive English school (my writing skills suck) on like October 2nd and send out my DSP-122 on January 2nd. However, I would like to enroll into a certificate granting program like Paramedic or Medical Assistant, but those will only begin in January 10th. This is problematic because then it's recommended that I send my DSP-122 only on March/April 2014, yet my number should become current in April 2014.

Can't I technically send it out now before my I-20 expires on October 1st and then just sit on my grace period for a bit and then enroll into a certificate granting program at local college or community college? Another thing I could do is the writing intensive classes at English school and then transfer to a certificate/degree granting college.

Last edited by a moderator:
Financial Document for I-485/Interview

Hi Guys,
I am a graduate student and work as Teaching Assistant(F-1 visa). I make about 22K/year. My wife is selected(principle applicant) who is on F-2 Visa. Being on F-2 she has no bank account or any financial assets. So my questions are:
1. Can I put my w-2, pay stuffs, etc. into her application packet? Which is basically saying I am sponsoring her. And of course I will be putting the same documents in my packet.
2. But since she is the primary applicant and has no income, does she needs affidavit of support I-134 from a US citizen?
3. Is our income is sufficient to prove that we will not be a public charge? If we need affidavit of support, do we need for both of us or only her?

We have some relatives here from whom we could ask I-134 if really needed. So we need some advise from the person who has gone through the similar situation.

Thanks a lot in advance.

You rushed a bit. If you hadn't sent in your DSP form, you could apply for OPT in December, stay on it for a couple of months, and do AOS when you become current most likely in the 2nd quarter of 2014.

But now, graduating in May seems to be the viable option.

Sorry to keep bugging, but I am (a lot more) confused on what to do next. Can I apply for OPT now and do my AOS only when I get my OPT? Will that be considered *fraud* thing due to *dual* intention?

You need to send the bank statements to prove that you have enough money not to be a public charge, along with the employment verification letter from the university. Remember that you need to bring the most recent bank statement and an updated employment verification letter for the interview.

As an F-1 your case should be easy as the IO can instantly check SEVIS whether or not you're still in status, and the visa already requires you to have enough funds to cover at least one year of tuition and living cost. On top of it your U.S. university obviously has done its part in making sure that your high school and undergrad diplomas are valid as part of the admission process.

You should include your offer of employment letter or an employment verification letter which shows how much you're earning. I don't think a W-4 can replace the W-2, but you can take it along with you to your interview.

Thank you Hexa and Sm1smom! I will do like you suggest.

I got my biometrics letter! Praise God for answering prayers!

The biometrics date is set for 10/09/2013. I know people have done walk-ins but I have never heard of an applicant at this ASC (Charleston, WV) who did a walk-in so I am not sure about whether I should try it. Should I call to ask? It will help a lot if I could choose another day to go because of my school schedule and because the office is 2.5hrs away. Can anyone advise?

Also, do they wait to schedule interviews after the biometrics is done? It doesnt seem that way from previous timelines. Or do they go ahead and schedule as long as the bio letter has been issued? if doing a walk-in biometric at an earlier date will result in an earlier interview then it is definitely worth trying. any insights?

Last edited by a moderator:

I am sorry to hear about your case. It is so strange how they process these packages; we all did the same thing! I think sending after October 1st might be a good idea (perhaps that is why the other applicant who sent theirs in in August was also rejected?). Besides, that is next week anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.