• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pleasure. I must admit though, Fiefia was the one that came up with the fantastic suggestion of compiling everything into a spreadsheet.

You guys can attach it to the signature portion of your posts or refer others to it. Not quite sure how else to make it a sticky on this thread.

Yet another good idea. Done!

Adjustment of Status Documents for Spouse

I am a lucky lottery winner for 2014. :cool: My wife and I are in the US. Both of us are now students on separate F1 visas and are going for Adjustment of Status. I know that each of us have to fill out I-485 separately and pay the fee per person to apply for AOS. I have some technical questions though:

1 - Should I fill out the form I-130 to petition for her and submit it with the Adjustment of Status Package ?
2 - Do we need form I-131 advanced parole at all ?
3 - Should each of us have separate bank statements ? If yes, how much per person would suffice in average ? If no, should the bank statement be in my name and how much ? (we have separate bank accounts)
4 - Do we need to have the affidavit of support (i.e. form I-134) ? If yes, should it be in my name or her name ? (I am the lottery winner. The instruction form for I-485, page 4, item 11, part A has made me confused)
5 - I can't find the form I-797 anywhere on USCIS website to include in the package. Is this the form that USCIS exclusively issues after they receive our application package ?

Thanks to everyone of you sharing your experiences with people like us. Also, I sincerely thank "Sm1smom" for the great mental support and informative posts. Great Spreadsheet! You rock! :rolleyes:

Affidavit of Support

Sm1smom

My sponsor is reluctant to show bank statement, pay stubs, W2 or Tax. However , she is willing to fill the Affidavit of Support. Will that suffice? or shall I look for different sponsor? What do you suggest?
Can you please help me find in USCIS website where it states that along with Affidavit of Support proof of income is also required. I tried looking, but could not find anything.

As always thanks for you help and suggestions. :)

QUOTE=Sm1smom;2646822]1. You will need either a letter from the sponsor's bank stating how much is in the account, when the account was opened, and how much was deposited within the past one year; or a letter from the sponsor's employer stating how much he/she earns and the nature of the employment, or the sponsor's W2 (or taxx returns).

2. The original of the high school diploma is the most important document. You should be fine with the official transcripts for the undergrad studies.

3. Just because October is the beginning of the new fiscal year, I wouldn't recommend for anyone who is due in October to send in their package to be received before October 1st. However, those due from Nov can take advantage and send in their package from Oct based on the new policy, or from when the VB bulletin is released for those due in December and above.. This is my personal take on the issue.[/QUOTE]

I am a lucky lottery winner for 2014. :cool: My wife and I are in the US. Both of us are now students on separate F1 visas and are going for Adjustment of Status. I know that each of us have to fill out I-485 separately and pay the fee per person to apply for AOS. I have some technical questions though:

1 - Should I fill out the form I-130 to petition for her and submit it with the Adjustment of Status Package ? - No, you have no business filling out an I-130 for your spouse.

2 - Do we need form I-131 advanced parole at all ? Optional

3 - Should each of us have separate bank statements ? If yes, how much per person would suffice in average ? If no, should the bank statement be in my name and how much ? (we have separate bank accounts) - Separate bank statements not necessary. Be ready to demonstrate you both have a combined income that is 125% above poverty level, so for a family of two, be ready with evidence showing a combined income of $19,387.

4 - Do we need to have the affidavit of support (i.e. form I-134) ? If yes, should it be in my name or her name ? (I am the lottery winner. The instruction form for I-485, page 4, item 11, part A has made me confused) - An affidavit of support is not necessary if you're able to prove an income above the poverty guideline. If your combined income does not meet this requirement, then an affidavit of support will help. It has to be issued in your name as the principal applicant, she will be listed on it as your dependant.

5 - I can't find the form I-797 anywhere on USCIS website to include in the package. Is this the form that USCIS exclusively issues after they receive our application package ? - It's not a form you fill out, it's issued by USCIS, it's not applicable to you at this stage.

Thanks to everyone of you sharing your experiences with people like us. Also, I sincerely thank "Sm1smom" for the great mental support and informative posts. Great Spreadsheet! You rock! :rolleyes:

Please go over all the tabs on the attached spreadsheet, it covers practically everything to see you through

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AozhLxh12qzYdDU3WkxHaFFtdVI4Y01oTFc3ZnZlb1E#gid=0

Last edited by a moderator:
Sm1smom

My sponsor is reluctant to show bank statement, pay stubs, W2 or Tax. However , she is willing to fill the Affidavit of Support. Will that suffice? or shall I look for different sponsor? What do you suggest?
Can you please help me find in USCIS website where it states that along with Affidavit of Support proof of income is also required. I tried looking, but could not find anything.

As always thanks for you help and suggestions. :)

Go with a different sponsor, if you're able to find one. I don't know if the affidavit of support you have could be considered without a W2 or tax documents in support of it.

Instructions for Form I-134 has a section called "Supporting Evidence" which you can find in the following link:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

2nd NL for AOS

Our number is current in November and we are doing AOS but havent received the 2nd NL yet from KCC. We sent DSP-122, photos and confirmation to KCC in June 2013.

Gave KCC a call last week and they said that the application was processed on 28-Aug and you will get it in few weeks....

No particular question here, just wanted to see if people are in the same boat here for DV2014 whose numbers are getting current in Oct-Nov.

Our number is current in November and we are doing AOS but havent received the 2nd NL yet from KCC. We sent DSP-122, photos and confirmation to KCC in June 2013.

Gave KCC a call last week and they said that the application was processed on 28-Aug and you will get it in few weeks....

No particular question here, just wanted to see if people are in the same boat here for DV2014 whose numbers are getting current in Oct-Nov.

My number is current in Nov. I send mine and got my 2NL within a week by email. You may want to call KCC again to clarify. Also check your spam folder

Change of Email Address.

I think my email might have gotten hacked :( (Unable to access it)
Is there a way we can change/update email?

Any help (links, ideas ) are appreciated!!

Thanks a bunch!!

Thanks a bunch!!

I am not sure abt that. KCC communicates through email only. So you may want to try and get back that account.

Thanks a bunch!!

You might be able to call KCC to get them to change it - although they may have a rule about that....

Called up KCC again today and the lady accessed our file and said that it has been received but they are Far Behind in sending emails to folks. She asked us to go ahead and send the DV payment to DOS (which we have already done) since we are current in Nov.

I asked her, do we need this 2NL for sending our app. to Chicago lockbox when we get current in November and she said No. You do not need to send this 2NL as part of the I-485 package to Chicago lockbox. Any inputs here experts?

Thanks.

My number is current in Nov. I send mine and got my 2NL within a week by email. You may want to call KCC again to clarify. Also check your spam folder

Hello everyone,

I received the acceptance text this morning at 1AM. It states that my case was received and I should receive the official I-797 in the mail. It also contained my receipt number which, when entered in the USCIS website, shows that my case is in the "acceptance" stage. No email was received.

Just to remind everyone, I included a cover letter explaining why I was submitting the I-485 early (citing the policy memorandum number and release date) and I attached a copy of the new memo with it. The subject line of the memorandum was highlighted.
I also emailed USCIS lockbox after the packages of others were rejected. I did not get a response to that email.

I hope others get a response of acceptance soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Called up KCC again today and the lady accessed our file and said that it has been received but they are Far Behind in sending emails to folks. She asked us to go ahead and send the DV payment to DOS (which we have already done) since we are current in Nov.

I asked her, do we need this 2NL for sending our app. to Chicago lockbox when we get current in November and she said No. You do not need to send this 2NL as part of the I-485 package to Chicago lockbox. Any inputs here experts?

Thanks.

Yes, you can send your I-485 package without the 2NL. However, some IOs have been know to request for it at the time of interview, so just make sure you take it with you to your interview when the time comes.

Hello everyone,

I received the acceptance text this morning at 1AM. It states that my case was received and I should receive the official I-797 in the mail. It also contained my receipt number which, when entered in the USCIS website, shows that my case is in the "acceptance" stage. No email was received.

Just to remind everyone, I included a cover letter explaining why I was submitting the I-485 early (citing the policy memorandum number and release date) and I attached a copy of the new memo with it. The subject line of the memorandum was highlighted.
I also emailed USCIS lockbox after the packages of others were rejected. I did not get a response to that email.

Congratulations on the acceptance, Spice. You've successfully crossed over this hurdle of USCIS' sometimes insane uncertainty. Now seat back and wait for your Bio letter.

Congrats Spice2013 !

My package was received on 4th Sept at Chicago but haven't received anything yet . Acceptance or rejection. I also had clear mention of Policy memorandum in my Cover letter.

One question - what do you mean by "I should receive the official I-797 in the mail" . It should be EAD and AP after the bio-Letter , no ?

Hello everyone,

Status
Not open for further replies.