• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medical for 2014 AOS

Hi All,

I am thinking to do the medical. I have read in the forum that it does not expire until 1 year. is it correct?
Is it a good idea to do the medical now. My case # is 2014AS8***.

Thanks,

I don't think so. Since your case number would not be current until the next year. So there is no rush in doing your medical. It takes at most 4 to 5 days.

Hi All,

I am thinking to do the medical. I have read in the forum that it does not expire until 1 year. is it correct?
Is it a good idea to do the medical now. My case # is 2014AS8***.

Thanks,

HI everyone,
My case number is above 5000. While sending DS 230 and DSP 122, we also have to submit the barcode and two photographs. But I didn't send the barcode. SO do I need to send everything again or do I just wait. I am so confused. Any Suggestion.

HI everyone,
My case number is above 5000. While sending DS 230 and DSP 122, we also have to submit the barcode and two photographs. But I didn't send the barcode. SO do I need to send everything again or do I just wait. I am so confused. Any Suggestion.

i did the same, i sent the forms and photos only, on 2 May, and got 2NL on 9 August.

Hi

for purpose of i-485 application. copies of some documents are required. I have two questions:

1-what kind of copies should that be? regular copy that I can do in my university? or I should go somewhere special?

2- my transleted documents are like the english translation at beginning and then copy of my document in my native language in next pages. so can i just get copy from this thing? or I have to get copy from translation part of translated version and get copy from original document and send them?

thanks

hope 2014

Thank you ispe4ak for your for response. So I shall also just wait. But I haven't got anything till now that's why I am worried. It might me because of my high case number. I'll just wait then. Thanks again

Hi

for purpose of i-485 application. copies of some documents are required. I have two questions:

1-what kind of copies should that be? regular copy that I can do in my university? or I should go somewhere special?

2- my transleted documents are like the english translation at beginning and then copy of my document in my native language in next pages. so can i just get copy from this thing? or I have to get copy from translation part of translated version and get copy from original document and send them?

thanks

You're over thinking these things. Just regular copies from you university are fine. As long as they're legible, there's no special requirement on what the copies should look like or how they should be done.

1. Are you sure we can leave spaces blank on the I-485? the instructions (page 2, GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS) says to use either "N/A" or "NONE".
2. can I use sticky notes/dividers to label my copies (eg BC, visa, W2 etc) to make the whole packet simpler? Do they not want staples etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Are you sure we can leave spaces blank on the I-485? the instructions (page 2, GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS) says to use either "N/A" or "NONE".
2. can I use sticky notes/dividers to label my copies (eg BC, visa, W2 etc) to make the whole packet simpler? Do they not want staples etc?

1. It's best to follow directions.
2.You can use it to divide the packet(I did). However, the actual file the FO get's has it all removed, so it might be annoying for them to remove all of them. No Staples(they use those two holes on the top folder binder)

Hi Everyone

I sent DV Visa Fee $330 to Department of State on 8/7/2013. I haven't still got it. Don;t you think it;s too late? Can it have lost in the way? If it has lost what can I do?

I sent DV Visa Fee $330 to Department of State on 8/7/2013. I haven't still got it. Don;t you think it;s too late? Can it have lost in the way? If it has lost what can I do?

Have you sent it with tracking? Anything sent to the government should be sent certified. If they have received it, you should get it back in 2-4 weeks.

ASIA Visa Bulletin Will Fly Quickly...

Last year there were about 16,000 winners and max case no recorded was about 10,000.
This year there are about 23000 winners and the max case recorded is about 27,000.
The Numbers of Total Visa awarded to Asia region is about 9,000/year recently.
If you look at these numbers, you see that there should be a lots of holes in the case numbers this year.
The October cut off number is 1800 only which is very odd but it could be due to Embassy closures in some Asian Countries during first week of August. I believe at some point we start to see a very big jump in the cut off numbers.
It could be in the next bulletin or any following months.
I hope next month the cut off numbers could be around 8000 for ASIA?

What do you guys think???

Although tracking records showed delivered on 08/07/2013 ,I am waiting on the receipt as well.

Email from KCC

You can go ahead and make the DV payment now if you like or you can wait to get the official response from KCC with payment instructions. KCC typically sends out the email between 4 - 8 weeks following receipt of DSP-122.

Sm1smom,

As you mentioned that we get email between 4-8 weeks following receipt of DSP-122, I haven't got it yet. I submitted my form on first week of June. Is there something wrong?

Regards,
Sunil

Have you sent it with tracking? Anything sent to the government should be sent certified. If they have received it, you should get it back in 2-4 weeks.

I didn't send it with tracking or certified. I sent it in regular mail. I can check with my bank if the check has been cashed or not. But the question remains is what if the mail got lost when Department of State sent me back the receipt.

Regards
perrybhadra

1. Some sections can be left blank. You'll just have to use your discretion, as it will look ridiculous, in my opinion, if one were to type or write either N/A of NONE on all the lines in Section B of the I-485 where it's asking for family members' information for instance.

2. No staples please and there's no need to use sticky notes or dividers. If you're submitting an application for derivatives in addition to yourself, you just create a separate package for each person with all the necessary supporting documents in each package, then put them all in one big envelope and mail as a single package.

Sm1smom,

As you mentioned that we get email between 4-8 weeks following receipt of DSP-122, I haven't got it yet. I submitted my form on first week of June. Is there something wrong?

Regards,
Sunil

No, thing wrong. You will certainly get an email back from KCC. The 4-8 weeks I indicated isn't guaranteed, it sometimes takes a bit longer for KCC to respond to some.

I didn't send it with tracking or certified. I sent it in regular mail. I can check with my bank if the check has been cashed or not. But the question remains is what if the mail got lost when Department of State sent me back the receipt.

Regards
perrybhadra

Did you use a personal check or a cashier's check to make the payment?

Status
Not open for further replies.