• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not quite certain about the EAD and AP card, the I-485 itself will not be adjudicated before the 1st day of the month the CN is supposed to be current.

If someone files I-485 and EAD when the visa bulletin is out. Is file going to be processed immediately? Or the process is going to start in the month when the CN is current?

I'm not quite certain about the EAD and AP card, the I-485 itself will not be adjudicated before the 1st day of the month the CN is supposed to be current.

Hi sm1smom

In my case, it looks like my CN will be current in Nov. Based on this I was planning to do extend my L1 as it expires on 31st oct. According to my company lawyer, if my CN has been current in oct, I don't have to go for the extension as I will be in status when I file my i485 in Oct.

Based on the new PM, It looks like I can file once the Oct VB comes around mid Sept. If they adjudicate in Nov, will I be considered out of status when I file by i485 without extension of my L1 in mid sept.

hope 2014

HI everyone,
My case number is above 5000. While sending DS 230 and DSP 122, we also have to submit the barcode and two photographs. But I didn't send the barcode. SO do I need to send everything again or do I just wait. I am so confused. Any Suggestion.

Question

Hello Everyone
If someone can please clarify few of my questions. My current status is F1 (Masters)

Q1.I-134 form, do we need pay stubs, bank statement etc from the sponsor or just the form by itself?
Q2. I do have my high school diploma (certificate) but have only official transcripts for under graduate (USA).Is that sufficient or do I need " the certificate".
Q3. Since my number will be current in Oct, reading the new "Policy Memorandum" is it ok to send my document anytime after Sept 15 or should I wait until 30th Sept?

I am hoping that I receive my GC before Spring 2014 semester so that I can stop paying these HUGE international student tuition fee ;)

Thank you

If you have all of your documents ready you don't need to wait. You can send it right now.

Hello Everyone
If someone can please clarify few of my questions. My current status is F1 (Masters)

Q1.I-134 form, do we need pay stubs, bank statement etc from the sponsor or just the form by itself?
Q2. I do have my high school diploma (certificate) but have only official transcripts for under graduate (USA).Is that sufficient or do I need " the certificate".
Q3. Since my number will be current in Oct, reading the new "Policy Memorandum" is it ok to send my document anytime after Sept 15 or should I wait until 30th Sept?

I am hoping that I receive my GC before Spring 2014 semester so that I can stop paying these HUGE international student tuition fee ;)

Thank you

Hello Everyone

Thank you

1. You will need either a letter from the sponsor's bank stating how much is in the account, when the account was opened, and how much was deposited within the past one year; or a letter from the sponsor's employer stating how much he/she earns and the nature of the employment, or the sponsor's W2 (or taxx returns).

2. The original of the high school diploma is the most important document. You should be fine with the official transcripts for the undergrad studies.

3. Just because October is the beginning of the new fiscal year, I wouldn't recommend for anyone who is due in October to send in their package to be received before October 1st. However, those due from Nov can take advantage and send in their package from Oct based on the new policy, or from when the VB bulletin is released for those due in December and above.. This is my personal take on the issue.

Hi sm1smom

In my case, it looks like my CN will be current in Nov. Based on this I was planning to do extend my L1 as it expires on 31st oct. According to my company lawyer, if my CN has been current in oct, I don't have to go for the extension as I will be in status when I file my i485 in Oct.

Based on the new PM, It looks like I can file once the Oct VB comes around mid Sept. If they adjudicate in Nov, will I be considered out of status when I file by i485 without extension of my L1 in mid sept.

For a L visa holder, you probably wouldn't be considered to be out of status when your case gets adjudicated in Nov or whenever they decide to once you have the official acceptance receipt from USCIS. The only thing you need to be aware of is the fact that you will automatically be out of status if, God forbid, the GC application is denied, you will be required to leave the country. But if you have the renewal application in the system by then, the worst that could happen is that you revert to your L1 status if the GC application is denied. So ask yourself, is there any possibility of your GC application being denied?

This is the direct quote from the new memo:
"Persons having a rank cutoff number below that listed in the advance notification will be eligible to file their FY 2014 DV
application immediately upon publication of the September 2013 Visa Bulletin (i.e., on or about
August 9, 2013)".

In addition; I read somewhere in the memo that this new memo is only effective for DV2014. So the people who will become current in OCT are DV2014 winner.

1. You will need either a letter from the sponsor's bank stating how much is in the account, when the account was opened, and how much was deposited within the past one year; or a letter from the sponsor's employer stating how much he/she earns and the nature of the employment, or the sponsor's W2 (or taxx returns).

2. The original of the high school diploma is the most important document. You should be fine with the official transcripts for the undergrad studies.

3. Just because October is the beginning of the new fiscal year, I wouldn't recommend for anyone who is due in October to send in their package to be received before October 1st. However, those due from Nov can take advantage and send in their package from Oct based on the new policy, or from when the VB bulletin is released for those due in December and above.. This is my personal take on the issue.

This is the direct quote from the new memo:
"Persons having a rank cutoff number below that listed in the advance notification will be eligible to file their FY 2014 DV
application immediately upon publication of the September 2013 Visa Bulletin (i.e., on or about
August 9, 2013)".

In addition; I read somewhere in the memo that this new memo is only effective for DV2014. So the people who will become current in OCT are DV2014 winner.

I read the memo and I know what it says. I also happen to know that there's actually an older memo directing USCIS to accept early fillings (prior to the release of this new memo), and that USCIS randomly accepted early filings based on that and rejected some.

I also made a point of clarifying my previous message (regarding those current in Oct and Nov) by stating that was my personal opinion. Nobody is obligated to go by that opinion or previous ones I've shared for that matter.

I didn't mean that way. So please don't take it personal. I just wanted to share what I read, so other people can decide based on what they feel.

I read the memo and I know what it says. I also happen to know that there's actually an older memo directing USCIS to accept early fillings (prior to the release of this new memo), and that USCIS randomly accepted early filings based on that and rejected some.

I also made a point of clarifying my previous message (regarding those current in Oct and Nov) by stating that was my personal opinion. Nobody is obligated to go by that opinion or previous ones I've shared for that matter.

I didn't mean that way. So please don't take it personal. I just wanted to share what I read, so other people can decide based on what they feel.

Oh no, nothing personal. Your input is greatly appreciated, I was just trying to clarify why I personally wouldn't do that and to make it clear to people that what I write does not constitute legal opinions. They are my personal views though formed on experiences (of myself and others) and personal research I've undertaken also. And I also appreciate your attempt at clarifying issues.

For a L visa holder, you probably wouldn't be considered to be out of status when your case gets adjudicated in Nov or whenever they decide to once you have the official acceptance receipt from USCIS. The only thing you need to be aware of is the fact that you will automatically be out of status if, God forbid, the GC application is denied, you will be required to leave the country. But if you have the renewal application in the system by then, the worst that could happen is that you revert to your L1 status if the GC application is denied. So ask yourself, is there any possibility of your GC application being denied?

Thanks for your advice as I learned that many like you are much better that the immigration lawyers out there. Like mine was not aware that H1B1 does not have a dual intent.

Anyway, my company has plan to apply for me L1 extension.

I have a few questions:
1. About the new memo, how will sending in the I-465 early help speed up the process? wont they still wait until Oct 1 to look at it?
2. How do I know if I need a sponsor? Is there a certain amount I should have in my bank account or be making every year?

I have a few questions:
1. About the new memo, how will sending in the I-465 early help speed up the process? wont they still wait until Oct 1 to look at it?
2. How do I know if I need a sponsor? Is there a certain amount I should have in my bank account or be making every year?
1. They will start looking at it before the visa becomes immediately available. It does not, however, mean it will happen with everybody, but statistically it will.

This advance notification therefore provides an opportunity for adjustment of status applicants to
file their Form I-485 applications earlier than would otherwise be possible, thereby enabling
USCIS to begin review of such applications
. This in turn affords USCIS additional time to
determine an applicant’s eligibility for adjustment of status before the end of the fiscal year

2. You need to prove you have money to live on in the US, according to 100% of poverty guidelines - http://www.familiesusa.org/resources/tools-for-advocates/guides/federal-poverty-guidelines.html

That means that until you get citizenship you need that amount of source of living per year. That is combined from your assets and employment. Also, the amount of time you will be looking for employment (depends on your education, age, experience) you will need assets.

1. They will start looking at it before the visa becomes immediately available. It does not, however, mean it will happen with everybody, but statistically it will.

raevsky,

Great news my friend.

Does this new PM mean that now AOS is just as fast as CP? Would this cut the almost 2-month delay in AOS interviews?

If so, great great news.

Thanks!

The situation was always the same except you were not able to file before the beginning of fiscal year. But if your number was current in December, you could file in October. And it was still slower than CP.

The situation was always the same except you were not able to file before the beginning of fiscal year. But if your number was current in December, you could file in October. And it was still slower than CP.

Bummer.

Is there any benefit in filing early, before the 1st day of the "current" month?

Thanks a bunch!

For those who are in status by mid August, but the status expires before October 1st, the benefits are obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.