• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. It's best to follow directions.
2.You can use it to divide the packet(I did). However, the actual file the FO get's has it all removed, so it might be annoying for them to remove all of them. No Staples(they use those two holes on the top folder binder)

Sorry I did not understand what you said about staples. We should not use staple at all? almost all of forms have multiple sheets so how you stack them together?

need some clarification again

To start with, please read this thread from page 1, it will save you a lot of headache and paint a clearer picture of the DV AOS process for you.

1. It's hard to tell when you will be eligible for interview without knowing when your CN will become current or your applicable FO.
2. The VB currently available is not applicable to DV 2014. "Current" means all those with CN above those previously displayed are eligible to begin their AOS process or to be interviewed.
3. See 2 above

Read the previous postings from page 1 of this thread. Also spend some time going over the DV 2013 AOS thread.[/QUOTE

Thanks
Sure i will.
When i was reading a 2013 post i saw something about expediting this process. Do you know any info?

when i was reading some of the posts, they have made the payments even though their case number is not current (number is somewhere 2014AS0000​8xxx). As metioned earlier also my case number is 2014AS0001​6xxx. Do i have to pay this fee and send the I485 along with it now. plesae let me know. i am bit confused

Last year there were about 16,000 winners and max case no recorded was about 10,000.
This year there are about 23000 winners and the max case recorded is about 27,000.
The Numbers of Total Visa awarded to Asia region is about 9,000/year recently.
If you look at these numbers, you see that there should be a lots of holes in the case numbers this year.
The October cut off number is 1800 only which is very odd but it could be due to Embassy closures in some Asian Countries during first week of August. I believe at some point we start to see a very big jump in the cut off numbers.
It could be in the next bulletin or any following months.
I hope next month the cut off numbers could be around 8000 for ASIA?

What do you guys think???

please let me know whether it is possible to send the paymnet and i485 before your number becomes current. in your case you have sent the payment before your no become current. i was under the impression that by sending the above forms and payment before my number becomes current my application will get rejected. please explain

please let me know whether it is possible to send the paymnet and i485 before your number becomes current. in your case you have sent the payment before your no become current. i was under the impression that by sending the above forms and payment before my number becomes current my application will get rejected. please explain

There are two fess $330 per person DV VISA Application fee. This you don;t need to wait for your number to be current.

Then the other fee is you sent along with your I-485. For this your number should be current . Or as the new memo suggest you can send it one month earlier i.e. your number should be lower than the cutoff number provided in " THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL ..... " Section.

There are two fess $330 per person DV VISA Application fee. This you don;t need to wait for your number to be current.

Then the other fee is you sent along with your I-485. For this your number should be current . Or as the new memo suggest you can send it one month earlier i.e. your number should be lower than the cutoff number provided in " THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL ..... " Section.

thanks for the reply. i have 2 questions regarding the answer you have given
1. What is the other payment i have to do with I485. how much is that?
2. my number is in the range of 2014AS0001​6xxx and i think it is a high number that may or may not become current during the fiscal year (50 -50 chance :)). so do you think by paying this 330 now will create any extra oppurtunity or advantage?

Medical and shots

I don't have a record of my shots. I am from EU and I believe I received all the shots needed when I was a kid. How the medical will be for me? The doctor will give me all the shots?

I-765 and I-131 is required for F1?

I am F1 student and I am research assistant in the university, also my wife is F1 and RA in the university.She was F2 and then changed to F1 and she is the person who won the lottery.
I have some questions:
1- In form G-325, the part that is written: This form is submitted in connection with an application for, What should I select?
2- Both of us research assistant in university and have SSN, should we fill form I-765?
3- Form I-132 is necessary? Is it just for the case that you want to travel outside US in the time your GC is under process?

Thanks

I don't have a record of my shots. I am from EU and I believe I received all the shots needed when I was a kid. How the medical will be for me? The doctor will give me all the shots?

For an adult, only the medically necessary shots will be given, and these are usually the TD/TDAP and MMR shots, (plus the flu shot, if the medical exam is done during the flu season). Then there's also the Man2/Mantoux TB skin test used in testing for TB. There will be some blood work done too.

You guys can save yourselves a bunch of $$$ (if you can't find a civil surgeon that will bill your medical insurance directly) by visiting your local health department, the shots are quite cheap from them. It's also possible to get the shots cheaply from places like Walmart, CVS, RiteAid, etc. Just make sure you get a record of all the work that's done, then visit a civil surgeon and have them do the blood work and transfer the medical records to your I-693.

CAUTION: Before doing the TB skin test at your local health department, be sure to have found the CS that you'll be using to transfer the medical records to your form and confirm from them if they're ok with you bringing in a TB skin test result from the medical health department. If they're not willing to do that, then leave out the TB test and get the rest of the shots, the CS can them perform the TB test in their office.

Last edited by a moderator:
Response below:

I am F1 student and I am research assistant in the university, also my wife is F1 and RA in the university.She was F2 and then changed to F1 and she is the person who won the lottery.
I have some questions:
1- In form G-325, the part that is written: This form is submitted in connection with an application for, What should I select? - "Status as Permanent Resident"

2- Both of us research assistant in university and have SSN, should we fill form I-765? - Not unless you plan on using the EAD card to get some other form of employment pending the completion of your GC application.

3- Form I-132 is necessary? Is it just for the case that you want to travel outside US in the time your GC is under process? - You mean I-131? Yes, it comes in handy if you do have to travel out of the country while your GC application is still pending, this will prevent your application from being considered as 'abandoned if you travel during the process.

Thanks

This particular spreadsheet has 4 tabs. I've tried to keep everything together. I guess it helps if I indicate that people should check the bottom part of the spreasheet for other tabs with information too, an oversight on my part :).

This particular spreadsheet has 4 tabs. I've tried to keep everything together. I guess it helps if I indicate that people should check the bottom part of the spreasheet for other tabs with information too, an oversight on my part :).

This is a great resource. Should make this a sticky so that less questions will be asked. Thanks Sm1smom :)

My pleasure. I must admit though, Fiefia was the one that came up with the fantastic suggestion of compiling everything into a spreadsheet.

You guys can attach it to the signature portion of your posts or refer others to it. Not quite sure how else to make it a sticky on this thread.

For an adult, only the medically necessary shots will be given, and these are usually the TD/TDAP and MMR shots, (plus the flu shot, if the medical exam is done during the flu season). Then there's also the Man2/Mantoux TB skin test used in testing for TB. There will be some blood work done too.

You guys can save yourselves a bunch of $$$ (if you can't find a civil surgeon that will bill your medical insurance directly) by visiting your local health department, the shots are quite cheap from them. It's also possible to get the shots cheaply from places like Walmart, CVS, RiteAid, etc. Just make sure you get a record of all the work that's done, then visit a civil surgeon and have them do the blood work and transfer the medical records to your I-693.

CAUTION: Before doing the TB skin test at your local health department, be sure to have found the CS that you'll be using to transfer the medical records to your form and confirm from them if they're ok with you bringing in a TB skin test result from the medical health department. If they're not willing to do that, then leave out the TB test and get the rest of the shots, the CS can them perform the TB test in their office.

Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.