• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aos

Hi everybody,
I'm a selectee of 2014 and currently on F2 visa which will continue up to 04-2015. I'm eligible for AOS. My question is about the initial AOS process. Who is the responsible for notifying that i will go through the AOS? I mean, do I need to put a notice in the package for KCC that I will go through the AOS or this is something that they automatically will know just because I sent DSP 122 to them? I'am really confused and need an urgent help! Thanks!

2014 or 2013 October?

Hello everybody,
I am a selectee of 2014. In May 2013 I have been selected for further processing. Does that mean that, even though I sent DSP 122 and other stuff to KCC in this year (2013), I can only begin the whole process with the 1st of October 2014 or what? I'am really confused.

Hi,

They start processing from 1st of October 2013 and depending on your Case Number, you will get an interview sometime between 1st of October 2013 and 30st of September 2014.

Regarding your previous question: You only need to put USCIS in DSP 122 form as an answer to the question of where do you want to go for your interview (or sth like this).

Hi,

They start processing from 1st of October 2013 and depending on your Case Number, you will get an interview sometime between 1st of October 2013 and 30st of September 2014.

Regarding your previous question: You only need to put USCIS in DSP 122 form as an answer to the question of where do you want to go for your interview (or sth like this).

Hello everybody,
I am a selectee of 2014. In May 2013 I have been selected for further processing. Does that mean that, even though I sent DSP 122 and other stuff to KCC in this year (2013), I can only begin the whole process with the 1st of October 2014 or what? I'am really confused.

When I should send documents to USCIS?

Hi everyone.

I have a good case number EU*2XXX and most probabably it will be current in october. Anyway, in August I will find if it's actually current.
The question is - should i send the documents to USCIS on the October 1st or I can do this in August?

i-495 form fill up

I was looking at i-485 form to fill up where in part 2, since I was the DV winner, I chose "h". What should I do for my spouse and children ? I have all three listed at the time I filled the DV lottery.

Hi everyone.

I have a good case number EU*2XXX and most probabably it will be current in october. Anyway, in August I will find if it's actually current.
The question is - should i send the documents to USCIS on the October 1st or I can do this in August?

You should send the I-485 package when your number becomes current. August is too early, however, I read of people sending the package a month prior and it was accepted.

Hello, Fiefia

Sorry for late reply. I haven't heard from them... It's been 7weeks since I sent a S122 to KCC...
Do we have to worried about it?
I haven't paid a $330 yet.

Hello, Fiefia

Sorry for late reply. I haven't heard from them... It's been 7weeks since I sent a S122 to KCC...
Do we have to worried about it?
I haven't paid a $330 yet.

I did the same thing (sent the papers 7 weeks ago), paid 12 days ago and still nothing :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Sending appropriate documents

Dear friends,
I'm one the winner of 2014 lottery with number 2014EU00007xxx. I'm on F2 visa and will be valid till 04/01/2015. I'm eligible for AOS and planing on filing AOS. I read a lot of things from the official lottery web pages but I'm really confused. I have a couple of questions:
First: I live with my family in America for almost five years. So, as a first step, do I need to send only DSP 122+ Barcode + 2 photos of me or in addition to mine, am i supposed to send photos of each member of my family to KCC?
Second: Am I supposed to send DS-230 forms together with DSP-122 at the same time? I mean the two forms must be sent together to KCC when filing AOS? (I live in the USA since August 2008 with my family)
Third: given my number mentioned above, do you think going for CP instead of AOS is a better idea?
Fourth: Given my number again, what's your estimate about my getting GC, if everything goes OK?
Thank you for your help.

You guys all need to relax. You will eventually begin to receive confirmation emails aka 2nd NL from KCC in a short while. If you bothered to check the signature portion of DV 2013 winners or previous years, you would have noticed that it took about 2 - 3 for most of them to get the confirmation emails.

You've got to remember KCC is processing a lot of forms from you and your fellow winners in addition to the fact that they're also still processing DV 2013 winners.

You guys all need to relax. You will eventually begin to receive confirmation emails aka 2nd NL from KCC in a short while. If you bothered to check the signature portion of DV 2013 winners or previous years, you would have noticed that it took about 2 - 3 for most of them to get the confirmation emails.

You've got to remember KCC is processing a lot of forms from you and your fellow winners in addition to the fact that they're also still processing DV 2013 winners.

Sm1smom,

Thank you! Some people just receive those emails earlier than others. I was reading the 2013 thread and people were having the same concerns, despite the experiences of those from the previous year thread. I think it's normal for us to worry about something that is as important as Green Card :) And by the way, I appreciate your help here so much! Thank you!

Sm1smom,

Thank you! Some people just receive those emails earlier than others. I was reading the 2013 thread and people were having the same concerns, despite the experiences of those from the previous year thread. I think it's normal for us to worry about something that is as important as Green Card :) And by the way, I appreciate your help here so much! Thank you!

Yeah, the panicking, anxiety experience repeats itself every year :). Glad to be of help

Yeah, the panicking, anxiety experience repeats itself every year :). Glad to be of help

Thank you so much! Seriously you can't even imagine how much you help. I have lots of questions about the process, but I try to be sure I read the previous threads before I ask, as I know you guys have spent so much time and effort on answering them. But please forgive me if I ask (and asked) something that has been answered before.

Sm1smom,

I have a question about an EAD card, hope you know what to do :)
I had an OPT a few years ago after I completed my graduate certificate, but then I pursued my education further and I am back on the F-1 status. I can't seem to find my EAD card and the university never made a copy of it either. What am I supposed to do? Do I need to provide the copy of the card when I file my I-485? Since I don't have it, do I apply for a renewal even though I am on the F-1 status again?

I'd appreciate your help so much!

Sm1smom,

I have a question about an EAD card, hope you know what to do :)
I had an OPT a few years ago after I completed my graduate certificate, but then I pursued my education further and I am back on the F-1 status. I can't seem to find my EAD card and the university never made a copy of it either. What am I supposed to do? Do I need to provide the copy of the card when I file my I-485? Since I don't have it, do I apply for a renewal even though I am on the F-1 status again?

I'd appreciate your help so much!

You would have had to include a copy of it with your I-485 package if you still had it, but since you no longer have it, I don't think it's going to be a show spoiler or any big deal will be made out of it. IMO, I don't think there's any need to apply for a replacement copy.

lynnssla for

Hello everybody!
Did anybody begin receiving confirmation letters of E-mails from KCC? I'm really worrying about it.

Hello All and Experts,

I have posted earlier in this forum and this has been extremely helpful. So, thanx to all the helpers out there.....

I am on H1B in legal status working here in US with my wife being on H4. Our Visas (both H1B and H4) expire on 31-Dec-2013 and my company will file for H1B and H4 extension sometime in October-November timeframe. My wife is selected for lottery and used my place of birth for cross-chargeability eligibiity. She mentioned me on forms everywere when applying so we are good there.

My question is: Based on her case number (2014AF00008XXX), we expect to become current sometime in Oct-Nov timeframe, the same time my firm will send the H1B/H4 extension request. So at a time, USCIS might have 2 applications for us, one coming for H1B/H4 extension from my comoany and another I-485 for DV Lottery from my wife.

Any issues you guys see in this OR anything we should be careful about?
Please let me know.

Hello All and Experts,

I have posted earlier in this forum and this has been extremely helpful. So, thanx to all the helpers out there.....

I am on H1B in legal status working here in US with my wife being on H4. Our Visas (both H1B and H4) expire on 31-Dec-2013 and my company will file for H1B and H4 extension sometime in October-November timeframe. My wife is selected for lottery and used my place of birth for cross-chargeability eligibiity. She mentioned me on forms everywere when applying so we are good there.

My question is: Based on her case number (2014AF00008XXX), we expect to become current sometime in Oct-Nov timeframe, the same time my firm will send the H1B/H4 extension request. So at a time, USCIS might have 2 applications for us, one coming for H1B/H4 extension from my comoany and another I-485 for DV Lottery from my wife.

Any issues you guys see in this OR anything we should be careful about?
Please let me know.

One of the requirements of AOS is being in continous legal status up till the time of interview. So having 2 different applications with USCIS shouldn't be an issue. The H visa is a dual intent visa. If your GC applicant concludes before the the H1/H4 extension application, you can ask the IO at the time of your interview on how to withdraw that application.

Status
Not open for further replies.