• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the underlined. That's what I would guess too. I still see no advantage for mail over e-mail, even if being present in the US and doing AOS.

The 24 hours is business hours, which makes 3 days. If straddling over a weekend, you are already looking at 5 days or almost a week span. They responded to an e-mail inquiry of mine within 24 business hours. That's the only experience I've had.

And at no point have I said or insinuated there's some advantage to mailing viz-a-viz emailing the documents

Sm1smom, thanks.

I probably read this in one of those earlier forums but i'd like to ask again.

1. if I submit my Dsp-122 to KCC NOW, would I have problem when I return for holidays [xmas, spring break & summer/may-September] here?
2. I'm just curious whether anyone has actually been sent home from the airport if they were trying to come here for AOS for GC using a "single intent" visa [like F1/2, J1/2, etc]?
3. also, im wondering if anyone has been either denied interview or refused GC visa because the qoutas fro your region has been exhausted. I'd really appreciate your feedback.

I personally don't know of anyone with a temporary intent visa, and AOS plans, that was denied entry, that however does not mean it hasn't or cannot happen. One thing I do know for certain is that people with temporary intent visas, the F visa category in particular are being given extra scrutiny following the Boston bombing incident. Regardless of whether you send in your DSP-122 forms now or not, the important thing is to truthfully answer the IO at the point of entry if asked of immigration intent upon your return over the holidays (if you do travel out).

thanks

I personally don't know of anyone with a temporary intent visa, and AOS plans, that was denied entry, that however does not mean it hasn't or cannot happen. One thing I do know for certain is that people with temporary intent visas, the F visa category in particular are being given extra scrutiny following the Boston bombing incident. Regardless of whether you send in your DSP-122 forms now or not, the important thing is to truthfully answer the IO at the point of entry if asked of immigration intent upon your return over the holidays (if you do travel out).

thanks. this sounds fair enough. I think I will submit my DSP-122 NOW, and go for the AOS. and will try to re-enter the country by December on my F2 and see how it goes. if I am allowed in, I will know that I will also return for my interview latter during the year when my CN becomes current. If. however, I'm refused entry, then I can change to CP, and attend interview in my country.

And I still could be not seeing something here...and as always I will need feedback from you all.

thanks. this sounds fair enough. I think I will submit my DSP-122 NOW, and go for the AOS. and will try to re-enter the country by December on my F2 and see how it goes. if I am allowed in, I will know that I will also return for my interview latter during the year when my CN becomes current. If. however, I'm refused entry, then I can change to CP, and attend interview in my country.

And I still could be not seeing something here...and as always I will need feedback from you all.

The worst case scenario is NOT that you would only get denied re-entry and could pursue CP.

The worst case scenario is that your receiving non-immigrant benefit while having immigration intent could be deemed as immigration fraud with severe consequences.

Birth Certificate?

Thank you.

One more question: In Libya, non nationals born there (I am an Indian citizen born in Libya) do not get Original Birth Certificates from hospital or municipality. We get a Certificate of Birth from the Embassy of India in Tripoli, Libya which I have. It was issued 10 days post my birth. Will this suffice? I am real concerned specially if this does not, then what are my options considering the recent situation in Libya?

Let me know guys.
Thanks.

Any help on this would be appreciated guys. Thank you.

"
One more question: In Libya, non nationals born there (I am an Indian citizen born in Libya) do not get Original Birth Certificates from hospital or municipality. We get a Certificate of Birth from the Embassy of India in Tripoli, Libya which I have. It was issued 10 days post my birth. Will this suffice? I am real concerned specially if this does not, then what are my options considering the recent situation in Libya?

Let me know guys.
Thanks."

Dear Adviser,

As 2014 DV selectee, I am applying for AOS, through F1 visa, I have 2 questions:

1. I have sent DSP 122 form, where in field 4, ( USCIS office location) i mentioned Houston Field Office to process application.
My question is: is that valid location for AOS processing, because I will send I 485 to Chicago office, and had I need to mention Chicago office or they will forward my I 485 from Chicago to Houston later on. OR do I need to revoke my previous DSP 122 which is delivered to KCC, but not confirmed, and need to resend it writing USCIS Chicago Office.(i tried to call USCIS, but it was worthless, no web-site has this info)

2. My OPT just started, and will end on 15 June 2014. My case no is low for Asia less than xxxx1700, and I guess I can do it before my OPT expiration. still I can extend OPT for 17 more months in 2014 June, but if my I 485 GC case will be pending untill that date (in worst case), Can I extend my OPT for 17 more months (because i have filed for immigrant visa petition, how come they will extend my OPT) or they will???

Thanks,

Kcc response

I am DV selectee and I am currently lawfuly in US so I will be doing AOS. I sent my documents (122 form, pictures etc.) to KCC about 4 weeks ago. I did not any confirmation they receive so I sent an email with question. And they respond to me like this:
"The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DSP 122 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the CIS. As a result, KCC did not continue the processing your case. To continue this case to consulate processing, please notify KCC with your request."
Of course it's mean they receive. I did not pay Adjustment ($330) fee yet. Does it mean everything is ok and I should I pay it now or when? And where I will find if my visa number is current?
Thanks for help.

Response below:

Dear Adviser,

As 2014 DV selectee, I am applying for AOS, through F1 visa, I have 2 questions:

1. I have sent DSP 122 form, where in field 4, ( USCIS office location) i mentioned Houston Field Office to process application.
My question is: is that valid location for AOS processing, because I will send I 485 to Chicago office, and had I need to mention Chicago office or they will forward my I 485 from Chicago to Houston later on. OR do I need to revoke my previous DSP 122 which is delivered to KCC, but not confirmed, and need to resend it writing USCIS Chicago Office.(i tried to call USCIS, but it was worthless, no web-site has this info) - It doesn't matter which FO you've indicated in your DSP form, when your CN becomes current and you send in your I-485 package to the Chicago Lockbox, your I-485 application will be sent to the appropriate FO based on your home address.

2. My OPT just started, and will end on 15 June 2014. My case no is low for Asia less than xxxx1700, and I guess I can do it before my OPT expiration. still I can extend OPT for 17 more months in 2014 June, but if my I 485 GC case will be pending untill that date (in worst case), Can I extend my OPT for 17 more months (because i have filed for immigrant visa petition, how come they will extend my OPT) or they will??? -I doubt you can successfully file for OPT extension following the submission of your I-485 package. F1 visa (including OPT) is a not a dual intent visa.

Thanks,

I am DV selectee and I am currently lawfuly in US so I will be doing AOS. I sent my documents (122 form, pictures etc.) to KCC about 4 weeks ago. I did not any confirmation they receive so I sent an email with question. And they respond to me like this:
"The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DSP 122 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the CIS. As a result, KCC did not continue the processing your case. To continue this case to consulate processing, please notify KCC with your request."
Of course it's mean they receive. I did not pay Adjustment ($330) fee yet. Does it mean everything is ok and I should I pay it now or when? And where I will find if my visa number is current?
Thanks for help.

You can go ahead and make the DV payment now if you like or you can wait to get the official response from KCC with payment instructions. KCC typically sends out the email between 4 - 8 weeks following receipt of DSP-122.

i won the lottery but im abroad what next

Okay, so there are quite a few people with high case numbers. I don't know if it's a trend yet, but the number itself is not as important as how many people there are in front of you. As a rule of thumb though, if you have a number in 40XXX, 50XXX etc. it is considered high and that usually means you won't be current before June, July etc. 2014. Every year the progression of numbers is different, this year for example, it seems to be slower than previous years. People who expected to be current in November 2012 or December 2012 became current in January 2013 or February 2013.

Hi guys
i would appreciate it if you helped me i just found out that i was selected but i did it in ghana before traveling to the uk for my masters
first of all, what documents to i need to send to the kcc because i have not recieved any letter through the post?
and is it possible to have the interview in the uk?
what are my chances since i have working experience of about a year?
and what is the deal with the case numbers mine just ends with four digits 83xx?
thanks i would appreciate any help since i just found out a day ago.
thanks

Response below:

Hi guys
i would appreciate it if you helped me i just found out that i was selected but i did it in ghana before traveling to the uk for my masters
first of all, what documents to i need to send to the kcc because i have not recieved any letter through the post? - You will not receive anything by post, all the information you need is included in the selectee notification you saw when you put in your eDV confirmation on the ESC website. Go over that letter/notice carefully. To start with however, you need to send in 2 forms, DSP-122 and DS-230, to KCC.

and is it possible to have the interview in the uk? - Yes you can schedule your interview to take place in the UK. There's a section on one of the forms I mentioned above for you to indicate where you wish to be interviewed.

what are my chances since i have working experience of about a year? - Your one year work experience at this stage is immaterial, your application will be assessed based on your high school diploma. Start making arrangement for it, if you don't already have a copy of your high school diploma.

and what is the deal with the case numbers mine just ends with four digits 83xx? - Is your CN something like AF000083xx? If yes, your case number is pretty low, your case is likely to become current in between Oct and Nov 2003. Keep an eye out on the following link (it's the Visa Bulletin link) from mid August, it will provide you with information regarding when your CN becomes current.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

thanks i would appreciate any help since i just found out a day ago.
thanks

Thanks for help.

It seems like that KCC won't be processing your application. From what I understood, we ( applicants living in the US applying for AOS) should only pay the adjustment fee 330 to the U.S. department of State,wait until our number becomes current and then send the I-485 form. I took an appointment at my closest USCIS office and the immigration officer didn't mention anything about KCC and he instructed me to order the I-485 package and send it in once my number will become current.
I'm going to call KCC on Monday to verify this.

Kcc response/ thank you

Thank You for answers. I just alreday let them know (by sending my documents to KCC) I will be doing AOS. So now when they know (They transfer my documents to USCIS yes?), I will pay the AOS fee $330 and I will wait until my number will be current (is xxxx29xxx by the way) so not small but not to high I think for a Europe. And like You said, when it will be current I pack all my documents, the I-485 fee etc. and I will send to Chicago lockbox and I will wait for an interview. Am I correct?
One more question, where I will find out if my dv number is current? I heard in visa bulletin. But where I can find it?
Thanks again.

It seems like that KCC won't be processing your application. From what I understood, we ( applicants living in the US applying for AOS) should only pay the adjustment fee 330 to the U.S. department of State,wait until our number becomes current and then send the I-485 form. I took an appointment at my closest USCIS office and the immigration officer didn't mention anything about KCC and he instructed me to order the I-485 package and send it in once my number will become current.
I'm going to call KCC on Monday to verify this.

Would you please share the information you get from KCC with us?

Any help on this would be appreciated guys. Thank you.

"

Let me know guys.
Thanks."

Did some more research on this guys and how can I make the BC issued from the Embassy of India in Tripoli 10 days post my birth work? There are services through which I can get my Birth certificate attested by the Libyan Embassy in India. They will put their attestation on my current Birth Certificate and can issue an Arabic Translation of that as well.

Will this work?

Thank You for answers. I just alreday let them know (by sending my documents to KCC) I will be doing AOS. So now when they know (They transfer my documents to USCIS yes?), I will pay the AOS fee $330 and I will wait until my number will be current (is xxxx29xxx by the way) so not small but not to high I think for a Europe. And like You said, when it will be current I pack all my documents, the I-485 fee etc. and I will send to Chicago lockbox and I will wait for an interview. Am I correct?
One more question, where I will find out if my dv number is current? I heard in visa bulletin. But where I can find it?
Thanks again.

Yes that should be the process.
Check on travel.state.gov under "bulletin" on the left hand side. Scroll down the page and you'll see the diversity lottery section.

Yes that should be the process.
Check on travel.state.gov under "bulletin" on the left hand side. Scroll down the page and you'll see the diversity lottery section.

Thank You. I found it. And is lAsia, Africa, Europe etc. So I gotta wait until it will says exactly my number or it will say CURRENT? Is already current and number good for mine but I guess it is for past (2013) fiscal year yes? Maybe is silly question but I really don't know for what I need to wait :(

Thank You. I found it. And is lAsia, Africa, Europe etc. So I gotta wait until it will says exactly my number or it will say CURRENT? Is already current and number good for mine but I guess it is for past (2013) fiscal year yes? Maybe is silly question but I really don't know for what I need to wait :(

The cutoff numbers you see right now on the VB regarding DV is only applicable to DV 2013 selectees. The fiscal year for DV 2014 starts in October, 2013, so you need to wait till mid August 2013 for the advance notification cutoff number (this will reference DV 2014 case numbers).

Dear Adviser,

My question is: is that valid location for AOS processing, because I will send I 485 to Chicago office, and had I need to mention Chicago office or they will forward my I 485 from Chicago to Houston later on. OR do I need to revoke my previous DSP 122 which is delivered to KCC, but not confirmed, and need to resend it writing USCIS Chicago Office.(i tried to call USCIS, but it was worthless, no web-site has this info)

2. My OPT just started, and will end on 15 June 2014. My case no is low for Asia less than xxxx1700, and I guess I can do it before my OPT expiration. still I can extend OPT for 17 more months in 2014 June, but if my I 485 GC case will be pending untill that date (in worst case), Can I extend my OPT for 17 more months (because i have filed for immigrant visa petition, how come they will extend my OPT) or they will???

Thanks,

It's more than likely you will not be able to extend your OPT with a pending I-485. But you can file for Employment Authorization Document (EAD) at the same time as I-485. With that you can stay in the US and work until you receive your Green Card. That being said, I'm suspecting you will receive your GC way before the EAD or before your OPT expires. You will be current in October and chances are that you will have your physical Green Card before the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.