• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Spice2013,

My status is currently showing in "Decision" with notes below. Did it happened same for you or did it went straight from "acceptance" to 'CPO" ? :-

"we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283".

Anyone on what it means and next steps ?

Thanks Spice2013 for still being here and sharing your experience.

Feel much better now :).

It means you've been approved and technically, you're now a LPR! So congrats!! You probably missed when it initially went to 'CPO' from 'Acceptance'. It will still go back to 'CPO' though from 'Decision' - nothing to worry about (even if it does not go back to CPO), your petition has been approved! :)

Next step is to relax and await the arrival of your GC shortly.

Hey Spice2013,

My status is currently showing in "Decision" with notes below. Did it happened same for you or did it went straight from "acceptance" to 'CPO" ? :-

"we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283".

Anyone on what it means and next steps ?

I guess, it means, you got your approval and your GC is on its way :) So, congrats!

cheers,
serge

Thx Sm1smom,

So - this mailed decision is the same as "Welcome letter" ? It was mentioned to be sent on Nov 18th ( day of my interview ).

Can I expect it soon - like today or next day or so ?

Getting a bit excited :)

It means you've been approved and technically, you're now a LPR! So congrats!! You probably missed when it initially went to 'CPO' from 'Acceptance'. It will still go back to 'CPO' though from 'Decision' - nothing to worry about (even if it does not go back to CPO), your petition has been approved! :)

Congratulations s6656! It is very exciting news!

As I can see, we have exactly the same timestamps with all steps but you sent documents one month later. I did not get the Interview Letter yet and this is a little bit confusing. Could it be because of different Field Offices locations and Phoenix has bigger line then Boston?

cheers,
serge

Congratulations s6656! It is very exciting news!

As I can see, we have exactly the same timestamps with all steps but you sent documents one month later. I did not get the Interview Letter yet and this is a little bit confusing. Could it be because of different Field Offices locations and Phoenix has bigger line then Boston?

cheers,
serge

Dont worry, it should come any day.
For Boston, from the past few years, the average wait time after Bio is about 120 days. If I am not wrong, the longest wait is always for Boston office. So I am happy this time, it is earlier. Maybe this is due to the new PM which allows us to send the AOS earlier.

Thx Sm1smom,

So - this mailed decision is the same as "Welcome letter" ? It was mentioned to be sent on Nov 18th ( day of my interview ).

Can I expect it soon - like today or next day or so ?

Getting a bit excited :)

Yes, it's your Welcome Letter. Yeah, you could get it by Friday, but I'm more inclined to think possibly next week.

Hi Folks

Got my interview letter for AOS today. It is on the Dec 13.

The appointment time for me is at 8AM, my wife is at 8.45, daughter is at 9.30 and my son is at 10.15AM. From my understanding it should be together right?

This time, I think the interviews are going to happen earlier than previous years as in the past for Boston, the average time is 120 days.

Wish us good luck.

Good news! good news! where is mine? can't wait anymore :(

"Ties" to your home country are the things that bind you to your hometown, homeland, or current place of residence (i.e., job, family, financial prospects that you own or will inherit, investments, etc).

Why are you spamming every thread with this????

"Ties" to your home country are the things that bind you to your hometown, homeland, or current place of residence (i.e., job, family, financial prospects that you own or will inherit, investments, etc).

my status went straight to "Card/Doc Production". Then it went back to decision and said that the letter was mailed. It went back to CPO the next day and said the card was in production. then it stayed at CPO but the message changed to the card was shipped and there was a trackign number. the final update was that the card was delivered to the address on file. so yes, this is normal.

Hello experts, former and current AOSer's,

Need some advise.

I'm currently in the states and was lucky to be selected for further processing in DV 2014. I'm from EU region and my CN is in the late 38xxx-39xxx range.

For many reasons, it is easy for me to do AOS but realizing that my number is quite high I just wanted to see whether I have any chance at all.

Does anyone have experience in the NYC office field and their processing. Have been tracking the AOS processing time last year but there weren't many cases I could view to get some insight.

Any advice?

Thank you and good luck to all current AOS'ers

Those of you that had your I-485 package returned for any reason, how long after filing did you receive it back?

I'm guessing that I should start expecting the package back any day in the mail (if they do bother to return it). dvlottery2014's package was delivered to Chicago LockBox on the same day as mine and he already received his acceptance notice 3 days ago.

Hello experts, former and current AOSer's,

Need some advise.

I'm currently in the states and was lucky to be selected for further processing in DV 2014. I'm from EU region and my CN is in the late 38xxx-39xxx range.

For many reasons, it is easy for me to do AOS but realizing that my number is quite high I just wanted to see whether I have any chance at all.

Does anyone have experience in the NYC office field and their processing. Have been tracking the AOS processing time last year but there weren't many cases I could view to get some insight.

Any advice?

Thank you and good luck to all current AOS'ers

One thing that I noticed going over prior years' timelines was that towards the end of the fiscal year they process DV cases a lot faster than normal (normal for DV AOS).

Those of you that had your I-485 package returned for any reason, how long after filing did you receive it back?

I'm guessing that I should start expecting the package back any day in the mail (if they do bother to return it). dvlottery2014's package was delivered to Chicago LockBox on the same day as mine and he already received his acceptance notice 3 days ago.

I had the same problem. I was current for Nov and send the AOS package on the 19th Sept. They return it to me on the 30th Sept saying they cant establish my no. I resend the document on the overnight service and it was accepted on 1st Oct.

Looking at your situation, there is a high possibility you might get back. It took them 11 days to return mine. The other scenario, could be there want to clear all the those from Oct to Dec, before they accept your AOS.

I think by now, all of them should be aware of the PM.

In case if your package is return, please resent on Dec 1st. Good Luck

One thing that I noticed going over prior years' timelines was that towards the end of the fiscal year they process DV cases a lot faster than normal (normal for DV AOS).

Thank you c1984,

That gives me hope. Good luck to you as well,

Just to emphasize, I still think you will be taking up some risk. I don't want you to base your decision making purely on my "observation". :)

Absolutely, I'm fully aware of that. Let's see how the visa bulletin progresses in the upcoming months, that would tell a lot.

Thank you again

I had the same problem. I was current for Nov and send the AOS package on the 19th Sept. They return it to me on the 30th Sept saying they cant establish my no. I resend the document on the overnight service and it was accepted on 1st Oct.

Looking at your situation, there is a high possibility you might get back. It took them 11 days to return mine. The other scenario, could be there want to clear all the those from Oct to Dec, before they accept your AOS.

I think by now, all of them should be aware of the PM.

In case if your package is return, please resent on Dec 1st. Good Luck

Thanks! :) We'll see how it goes. I'm used to things going awry when my turn comes up. :)

Update

We received our AOS letters from USCIS today. 3 letters for primary and 3 for secondary applicant:
- 1 letter for I-485
- 1 letter for EAD
- 1 letter for AP

Our checks were cashed yesterday too. Have updated the excel and my signature,
just wanted to keep posted.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.