• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just browsing other interview experiences and noticed lot of them were asked for original I-94 , H1B I-797 notice etc and told they won't need that anymore. Also informal approval was provided and next step was mentioned as CPO/Green Card by mail.
None of that happened in my case. Officer didn't take any original document except grilling on marriage questions and taking related photocopies to help make a decision.
Is this normal ?
Getting a bit nervous - Has there ever been a delay or rejection in DV AOS for lack of supporting documentation or some other reason ?

Hi 2014EU0000***,

I know how anxiety provoking this phase is - especially when so many others got CPO a few hours after the interview or a firm confirmation at the interview. I think I did enough worrying for all of us in that regard and I am now CONVINCED that if they didnt tell you there were issues at the interview (or show clear signs of concern/rejection) then you will be fine. from my research, you really have to be clearly ineligible (via education or visa status etc) or a straight up criminal to be rejected.
My I-94 was not taken either and my IO did not even look at my originial or my evidence. despite all that it went very smoothly with no furtehr requests. we just have to be patient (I have seen as much as 5months for CPO to come after the interview). dont think of it as waiting to get approved, think of it as waiting for them to get YOUR card to you. its in the bag already so congrats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Spice2013 for still being here and sharing your experience.

Feel much better now :).

Hi 2014EU0000***,

I know how anxiety provoking this phase is - especially when so many others got CPO a few hours after the interview or a firm confirmation at the interview. I think I did enough worrying for all of us in that regard and I am now CONVINCED that if they didnt tell you there were issues at the interview (or show clear signs of concern/rejection) then you will be fine. from my research, you really have to be clearly ineligible (via education or visa status etc) or a straight up criminal to be rejected.
My I-94 was not taken either and my IO did not even look at my originial or my evidence. despite all that it went very smoothly with no furtehr requests. we just have to be patient (I have seen as much as 5months for CPO to come after the interview). dont think of it as waiting to get approved, think of it as waiting for them to get YOUR card to you. its in the bag already so congrats.

Hi Folks

Got my interview letter for AOS today. It is on the Dec 13.

The appointment time for me is at 8AM, my wife is at 8.45, daughter is at 9.30 and my son is at 10.15AM. From my understanding it should be together right?

This time, I think the interviews are going to happen earlier than previous years as in the past for Boston, the average time is 120 days.

Wish us good luck.

Hi Folks

The appointment time for me is at 8AM, my wife is at 8.45, daughter is at 9.30 and my son is at 10.15AM. From my understanding it should be together right?

This time, I think the interviews are going to happen earlier than previous years as in the past for Boston, the average time is 120 days.

Wish us good luck.

That's great news.

I'm still waiting for the NOA text+email. It's now 8 days since the delivery and everybody seems to would have gotten the text+email by now.

Not nagging of course. I'm grateful to even have this opportunity :)

Congrats and All the Best s6656 !

Guys, We had sent our package to lockbox last week and they received on 12 Nov. My wife is the primary applicant and I am secondary. Last night, my wife got 6 sms and 6 emails from USCIS for acceptance notification. Each one has a separate Receipt No. Is this normal, is this for each form she sent? They have written in each mail (all 6 of them) that I-797 will be coming by mail in 7-10 business days.

For me (secondary applicant), I haven't received any sms or mails till now. Generally they send for all together or is this expected, first for primary and then secondary?

Thanks.

Hi Folks

Wish us good luck.

Hi Folks

Wish us good luck.

Yes, you should all come together at 8 AM. I think the scheduling system is set in a way that each applicant automatically gets 45 minutes regardless.

Guys, We had sent our package to lockbox last week and they received on 12 Nov. My wife is the primary applicant and I am secondary. Last night, my wife got 6 sms and 6 emails from USCIS for acceptance notification. Each one has a separate Receipt No. Is this normal, is this for each form she sent? They have written in each mail (all 6 of them) that I-797 will be coming by mail in 7-10 business days.

For me (secondary applicant), I haven't received any sms or mails till now. Generally they send for all together or is this expected, first for primary and then secondary?

Thanks.

Normal. I received like 12 letters for 4 of us. One each for AOS, AP & EAD. They only talk to primary applicant :)

Yes, you should all come together at 8 AM. I think the scheduling system is set in a way that each applicant automatically gets 45 minutes regardless.

Thanks Hexa. We are also planning to go in together at 8AM. It is going to be quite cold at that hour.

Thanks.

The 6 sms notifications will include for your application as well. I had the same scenario, it seems like only primary applicant gets the sms/email notification.

Hi Folks

Wish us good luck.

Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes.

That's great news.

I'm still waiting for the NOA text+email. It's now 8 days since the delivery and everybody seems to would have gotten the text+email by now.

Not nagging of course. I'm grateful to even have this opportunity :)

The waiting game is real a killer. For me , i did not get the Text & email. Instead I get 12 letters form USCIS for us. One each for EAD,AP & AOS x 4 person. Where is your interview going to be done?

Thanks Hexa. We are also planning to go in together at 8AM. It is going to be quite cold at that hour.
Well, the knowledge that you're one step away from getting green cards should warm your hearts :) Hundreds of thousands of people are years away from getting to this point.

I just realized today that my EB3 priority date just becomes current for December. It shows how broken the current law is; my working and contributing to America is worth less than plain dumb luck when it comes to getting a green card. I got my GC through DV before my EB3.

I just realized today that my EB3 priority date just becomes current for December. It shows how broken the current law is; my working and contributing to America is worth less than plain dumb luck when it comes to getting a green card. I got my GC through DV before my EB3.

Moral of the story, you need LUCK beside you sometimes :)

The waiting game is real a killer. For me , i did not get the Text & email. Instead I get 12 letters form USCIS for us. One each for EAD,AP & AOS x 4 person. Where is your interview going to be done?

The check has not bee cleared either. I will have to wait and see. Newark, NJ.

The check has not bee cleared either. I will have to wait and see. Newark, NJ.

As you are current in Jan, I believe they clear based on the CN before you. It took me 8 days to confirm while I send 1 month earlier to my current month.

If you see the tracking sheet, those who sent late after becoming current, their case was accepted within 5 days.

As you are current in Jan, I believe they clear based on the CN before you. It took me 8 days to confirm while I send 1 month earlier to my current month.

If you see the tracking sheet, those who sent late after becoming current, their case was accepted within 5 days.

That's an interesting thesis. We'll see.

i think that is a good idea because when I did my interview there were couples there and what I saw was that they took in one persona and within 10 minutes they came to get the other person. I think they will take you all in sooner than 10:15AM

Status
Not open for further replies.