• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes mom. I went to the cheapest one that I could find. I think medical test cost is OK. But the vaccination cost is expensive but again that's the rate in our area. So it all good since it is done for very good cause.

I agree, it's all for a good cause!

I got interviewed on last Thursday and approved !!

The questions were almost the same as those in forms that I sent in my package. Officer just asked some of them again and ticked on papers. She check my documents (interview letter, stamped biometrics,acceptance of i485 letter,current university enrollment letter and ...). She also asked for address of my university and she wanted to see my current university transcript to make sure that I registered for all semesters that I were in US. She also asked to see my current university id.

I think because I was TA and RA in my current university in some semesters and those semesters I just got 6 credit hours and she said in their records my status was not registered normally. I showed my transcripts (registration history) and explained for her that 6 credit hours+ RA is considered to be full time. That was why she asked to see documents regarding my current university.

The rest of things happened were nothing special !

COngratsss...let's celebrate :)

I did some research.
Our local health department does not offer any vaccinations other than flu shots.
Dallas county health department offers those vaccinations but they are about same price that I paid.
I can't believe you did that cheap. Which state do you live in? Today I found that some health departments in Oklahoma do in your price. I would not gone that far even if I had known the price before and also they may not allow the vaccinations to out of state residents.

Yes, i'm from Oklahoma

I don't have an update but felt uneasy seeing our AOS 2014 thread sink to the bottom of the list. Still waiting for that interview letter. Wondering if the background checks have been completed and the case was sent to the Field Office.

BTW, I noticed that I was given a new Alien # for the AOS case (I previously had F1 and H1B cases with a different A#). I called USCIS and he said it's not an issue and should not introduce any confusion, he advised me to use latest A# from now on.

Good luck to all as you wait patiently, or probably impatiently :)

Now we have our Bio done. We walked in to the Office and then I explained them about my wife's situation. They said YES.

Thank you everyone for your valuable comments and suggestions!

Svaday, i noticed you are doing your Bio at Boston. Take note Boston, sometimes they turn you away. I was scheduled on the 8 Nov and we try to do a walkin on 23rd Oct in the afternoon. The officer refused and wanted proof that i am travelling. Finally he told me to come back on the 29th Oct.

If you plan to do walkin, do it in the morning. The officer told me if we come in the morning, they may have entertained us. It is really very quiet for them. Afternoons are very busy and the first time I went they had about 10 to 15 people. When we went in the morning there were about 5 of them there.

Everything aside, I think no one is going to reject a pregnant women. Go around 9AM and you will be out of the place by 9.30. Good luck.

Interview Experience

Interview scheduled for 8:00 AM PST. Reached there on time , usual security checks and then Officer ( Chinese guy ) took us (Me/Wife ) to a Private room and started checking the documents. He checked each and every question thoroughly on I-485 and asked lot of questions on supporting documents. Then on closer look at Medical results - he noticed for my Wife , the Class A was checked mark which meant she had TB - So he asked about that and we were shocked to see that as she didn't had any medical issue and doctor at time of medical exam had said everything is fine. The Officer gave an option to go back to Doctor and get the results updated and bring it back if we can - which we did within 2 hrs due to close proximity . The other part was regarding our marriage where he required more proof of genuine marriage/living together - Joint bank statements , Resident proof , tax return filings, travels etc - we were able to show some of that but looked like he was looking for more and as much as possible.

In the end he said - it looks fine and will have the decision by mail soon ( No timeline given ). So crossing my fingers for next update.

All in all - not a cakewalk as it seemed from earlier posts , may be due to Medical glitch and our unique case of Marriage.

So Guys - be prepared for interview with all documents and don't take it lightly to avoid delays.

Gud Luck - I'll here for any inputs needed.

Congrats Spice2013 , Party Time !

I too got my EAD/AP card today and now all set for interview on Monday.

You will be fine my friend. But how come doctor made that mistake?
Did you have the photo copy of the medical report that your doctor provided?
If yes, does that mean photo copy and the original reports were different?

Interview scheduled for 8:00 AM PST. Reached there on time , usual security checks and then Officer ( Chinese guy ) took us (Me/Wife ) to a Private room and started checking the documents. He checked each and every question thoroughly on I-485 and asked lot of questions on supporting documents. Then on closer look at Medical results - he noticed for my Wife , the Class A was checked mark which meant she had TB - So he asked about that and we were shocked to see that as she didn't had any medical issue and doctor at time of medical exam had said everything is fine. The Officer gave an option to go back to Doctor and get the results updated and bring it back if we can - which we did within 2 hrs due to close proximity . The other part was regarding our marriage where he required more proof of genuine marriage/living together - Joint bank statements , Resident proof , tax return filings, travels etc - we were able to show some of that but looked like he was looking for more and as much as possible.

In the end he said - it looks fine and will have the decision by mail soon ( No timeline given ). So crossing my fingers for next update.

All in all - not a cakewalk as it seemed from earlier posts , may be due to Medical glitch and our unique case of Marriage.

So Guys - be prepared for interview with all documents and don't take it lightly to avoid delays.

Gud Luck - I'll here for any inputs needed.

I don't have an update but felt uneasy seeing our AOS 2014 thread sink to the bottom of the list. Still waiting for that interview letter. Wondering if the background checks have been completed and the case was sent to the Field Office.

BTW, I noticed that I was given a new Alien # for the AOS case (I previously had F1 and H1B cases with a different A#). I called USCIS and he said it's not an issue and should not introduce any confusion, he advised me to use latest A# from now on.

Good luck to all as you wait patiently, or probably impatiently :)

We are on the same boat now! Wish us all luck waiting for the letter

We didn't get a copy . The results were anyways in a sealed enveloped and sent as is to USCIS.

You will be fine my friend. But how come doctor made that mistake?
Did you have the photo copy of the medical report that your doctor provided?
If yes, does that mean photo copy and the original reports were different?

Was just browsing other interview experiences and noticed lot of them were asked for original I-94 , H1B I-797 notice etc and told they won't need that anymore. Also informal approval was provided and next step was mentioned as CPO/Green Card by mail.

None of that happened in my case. Officer didn't take any original document except grilling on marriage questions and taking related photocopies to help make a decision.

Is this normal ?

Getting a bit nervous - Has there ever been a delay or rejection in DV AOS for lack of supporting documentation or some other reason ?

We didn't get a copy . The results were anyways in a sealed enveloped and sent as is to USCIS.

The CS was supposed to have given you a copy of the medical exam for your records before sealing it.

*** For those yet to do the medical exam, remember to ask your doctor for a copy before the envelope gets sealed.

The CS was supposed to have given you a copy of the medical exam for your records before sealing it.

*** For those yet to do the medical exam, remember to ask your doctor for a copy before the envelope gets sealed.

My doctor gave me two medical records, one sealed in envelope for USCIS, one for my record. I did not asked for it.

Was just browsing other interview experiences and noticed lot of them were asked for original I-94 , H1B I-797 notice etc and told they won't need that anymore. Also informal approval was provided and next step was mentioned as CPO/Green Card by mail.

None of that happened in my case. Officer didn't take any original document except grilling on marriage questions and taking related photocopies to help make a decision.

Is this normal ?

Getting a bit nervous - Has there ever been a delay or rejection in DV AOS for lack of supporting documentation or some other reason ?

It's not highly unusual that the IO did not collect your I94 or other evidence if your current status, it does not mean denial. It happens when they sometimes need to further review the case or seek a supervisors opinion, and in some cases, the IO plainly forgot. If they needed you to supply additional documents/evidence, the IO would have informed you. So relax, I'm certain you will see changes online soon regarding your case status so d I say 'Congrats' in advance.

Thanks Sm1smom for encouragement. Hopefully decision making won't take too long , I did notice Spice2013 took almost 3 weeks.

It's not highly unusual that the IO did not collect your I94 or other evidence if your current status, it does not mean denial. It happens when they sometimes need to further review the case or seek a supervisors opinion, and in some cases, the IO plainly forgot. If they needed you to supply additional documents/evidence, the IO would have informed you. So relax, I'm certain you will see changes online soon regarding your case status so d I say 'Congrats' in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.