• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I have not yet received my interview letter. Looks like my field office is the slowest this year:(

I bet it will takes sometimes because next week is holiday.
By the way, Happy Thanksgiving in advance to everybody.

Hi,
I read in the AOS package about the medical exam, that I should compare the prices from different surgeons. Please, Can anyone tell me what I really need to ask about when I call the doctors office? Do they already know that what kind of medical exams should be done for AOS process?
What is the usual cost for medical exams?
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I read in the AOS package about the medical exam, that I should compare the prices from different surgeons. Please, Can anyone tell me what I really need to ask about when I call the doctors office? Do they already know that what kind of medical exams should be done for AOS process?
Thank you

Just tell them that you need medical exam for AOS process. You must go to the one recommended by USCIS because those doctors know what to do! From what i understand is that the cost varies depends where you live! you call to few offices to find the prices.
Good Luck!

Hello everybody!
I'm planning to do walk-in next week. Should I receive any receipt to prove that I have done biometric test?

Hello everybody!
I'm planning to do walk-in next week. Should I receive any receipt to prove that I have done biometric test?

Once the biometric is done, they will stamp on your notice that it has been done and on which date.

2NL for 2014EU00031XXX - 2014EU00035XXX

Hi, AOS people!

My case number is 2014EU00034XXX. I will be doing AOS.
I submitted DSP-122 + bar code letter to KCC. I have not received 2Nl yet.

Called to KCC. The lady on the phone checked my case and said that my case is in the computer and she can see that that AOS option is selected.
When I asked her about 2NL - she said that they don't send emails (???), my case is not current yet, I have to check VB and so on.

From this very informative forum I know that winners going for AOS will receive 2NL email at some point.

I would like to know if anybody with case number in 2014EU3XXXX has received 2NL?

Thanks!

Hi,
Thank you

The recommended CS are all aware of what is required for the immigration medical exam. So when you call, you can ask them to give you a rough estimate of what the exam is likely to cost before booking an appointment. You should also ask for the accepted form of payment, some accept cash only for the medical exam. The entire medical exam could cost anywhere between $175 to $700 depending on your State/City and the CS you end up using.

Hi, AOS people!

My case number is 2014EU00034XXX. I will be doing AOS.
I submitted DSP-122 + bar code letter to KCC. I have not received 2Nl yet.

Called to KCC. The lady on the phone checked my case and said that my case is in the computer and she can see that that AOS option is selected.
When I asked her about 2NL - she said that they don't send emails (???), my case is not current yet, I have to check VB and so on.

From this very informative forum I know that winners going for AOS will receive 2NL email at some point.

I would like to know if anybody with case number in 2014EU3XXXX has received 2NL?

Thanks!

The time when the 2NL is received for anyone doing AOS has nothing to do with how high or low their CN is, it is relative to when the DSP form was sent and received, and processed by KCC.

The person you spoke with obviously has no idea of what she's saying because KCC sends out email, even for those doing CP (although in the CP case, this is only done when their CN becomes current and they've been scheduled for an interview).

Thank you so much Sm1smom and sliew.
It could be really $700? That is expensive. I had some vaccinations before coming to U.S. more than 4 years ago, and I have the proof from the vaccination institiute in my country. Should I take it with my self. Does that help to avoid getting some of the shots?
Thanks

The recommended CS are all aware of what is required for the immigration medical exam. So when you call, you can ask them to give you a rough estimate of what the exam is likely to cost before booking an appointment. You should also ask for the accepted form of payment, some accept cash only for the medical exam. The entire medical exam could cost anywhere between $175 to $700 depending on your State/City and the CS you end up using.

The time when the 2NL is received for anyone doing AOS has nothing to do with how high or low their CN is, it is relative to when the DSP form was sent and received, and processed by KCC.

This is what I always thought too. Just KCC lady on the phone was very confusing - "wait for your VB to become current".

Britsimon,
May I ask you if you have received your 2NL?
I don't want to start preparing I-485 (read "spending money") until I have 2NL confirmation from KCC.
Thanks!

Absolutely! It helps if you have medical records showing some of the required vaccines have already been taken, it should significantly reduce the cost. And yes, medical records from your home country would be accepted.

Somebody PMed me about this (you can come out if you want :)) and I decided to share the response here as others may benefit from it as well.

I'll be current in Jan 2014, but as you can see in my signature I already filed my I-485. The question is whether that is OK or I could only file one month ahead of becoming current, which would be Dec 1st.

"The Memo" states:

PM-602-0088 said:
As soon as a Visa Bulletin is published with advance notification of DV visa availability, then an individual with a rank cu-off number that is lower than that specified in the advance notification section may file for adjustment and the application will be considered as timely filed.
Source: USCIS Policy Memo PM-602-0088, Page 3

I quoted the above section in my Cover Letter. It is interesting that the example "the Memo" gives exactly lines up with my situation:

PM-602-0088 said:
If, for example, an ISO is reviewing a case filed on November 15, 2012, a review of the latest published Visa Bulletin (i.e., the December 2012 Visa Bulletin, which was published on November 7, 2012) would be required to confirm that the adjustment application was not prematurely filed. As long as the applicant's DV rank number fell below the January rank cut-off numbers listed in the advance notification section of the December Visa Bulletin, the individual is eligible to file as of November 7 and the DV visa will be deemed, for purposed of eligibility to file under 8 CFR 245.1(a), to have been available at the time of filing the Form I-485 adjustment application.

Source: Page 4

As you can see, as soon as the Visa Bulletin is published and shows that you'll be current at some point, even if more than 2 months from the date of the release, you are eligible to file!

Good luck to everybody! :) I will share it with you whether my file is actually accepted or not.

I just received the package back because "my priority date is not current yet." Priority date only applies to Employment-Based petitions. I'm not sure what's going on there.

Will be re-submitting next week.

By the way, I never received the hard-copy of DV Fee receipt (only received scanned receipt through e-mail). The outlook doesn't seem encouraging if every single step is going to be like this.

This is what I always thought too. Just KCC lady on the phone was very confusing - "wait for your VB to become current".

Britsimon,
May I ask you if you have received your 2NL?

I don't want to start preparing I-485 (read "spending money") until I have 2NL confirmation from KCC.
Thanks!

No I haven't received my 2NL. So far I am planning to do CP (where 2NL is only sent once your number is current) although that would change if USCIS would stop messing around with my H1 visa that may change to be AOS.

I just received the package back because "my priority date is not current yet." Priority date only applies to Employment-Based petitions. I'm not sure what's going on there.

Will be re-submitting next week.

By the way, I never received the hard-copy of DV Fee receipt (only received scanned receipt through e-mail). The outlook doesn't seem encouraging if every single step is going to be like this.

Dont worry c1984 too much. I too was rejected and had to resend in again. Please send that it reaches them on or after 1st Dec. I would prefer to have all the issues before the interview than during the interview :)

What I am been noticing is USCIS accepts the AOS package exactly one month before you are current. If you send immediately after the VB is published, it is being rejected.

Dont worry c1984 too much. I too was rejected and had to resend in again. Please send that it reaches them on or after 1st Dec. I would prefer to have all the issues before the interview than during the interview :)

What I am been noticing is USCIS accepts the AOS package exactly one month before you are current. If you send immediately after the VB is published, it is being rejected.

Thanks! :)

See pkrish's record in the timeline:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqV9QL_-yUzJdDdvdFREMkNDeFNDVzFzblo2bkFYclE#gid=0

His was accepted earlier than 1-month before becoming current.

And I am certain based on the PM they have to accept it as soon as the VB is released.

Finally , got my GC today ! Yayyyy.

Been a really patient game all the way through and would like to thank everyone on the forum who helped in some way or other specially folks like Sm1smom , spice2013 , britsimon...

I'd be around for any inputs or help needed .

Good luck all !

I just got a notice saying my case has been transferred to USCIS-NBC, PO BOX 648005, Lee's Summit, MO 64064 from the Nebraska Service center. Is this normal? does this mean the process is going to be delayed further?

Status
Not open for further replies.