• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worried about the AOS payment

Hi,

I mailed in the postal money order (check) without putting the CN on the check.
Anyone know if this will cause issues?

Thanks

DSP122 Form

Quick question about the DSP122 Form:

- It says "name all schools, colleges etc." Is this just college and highschool or do I have to include elementary school?

- How do we indicate that we wanna continue with AOS process? The form doesn't state anything about CP or AOS?

Hi,

I mailed in the postal money order (check) without putting the CN on the check.
Anyone know if this will cause issues?

Thanks

Are you talking about the $330 DoS fee? If you send it with the "form" that has your case number, you should be fine. You can check with KCC in a few weeks.

@aos13 I am going to renew my H1B in September. Do I need to add another 90 days for AOS?

So you are already on H1B and you are sending the second petition in September? If yes, then you don't need to wait, because H1B is dual intent. You can submit your I-485 while H1B is pending.

Quick question about the DSP122 Form:

- It says "name all schools, colleges etc." Is this just college and highschool or do I have to include elementary school?
I wouldn't worry about elementary school but it's your choice.

- How do we indicate that we wanna continue with AOS process? The form doesn't state anything about CP or AOS?
Yes, it does. Please read question 4 carefully.

AOS whats mean?

Hi Guys
Guys can You explain me whats AOS? I have a F1 visa since 2009, and I won a dv2014. What should I do now? my CN is pretty high EU00036xxx.
Thank You for answer

Hi Guys
Guys can You explain me whats AOS? I have a F1 visa since 2009, and I won a dv2014. What should I do now? my CN is pretty high EU00036xxx.
Thank You for answer
AOS is adjustment of status for the winners who are already living in the USA. You may do AOS as long as you maintain your status. You can also choose the Consular process (CP) if your case number is pretty high

Hi Guys
Thank You for answer

Please read this whole thread to inform yourself about things you need to know as an F1 student before you take any steps. You should understand how AOS or CP can affect you depending on your visa/I-20 expiration dates, your future plans and your case number.

azd

hello everybody , I am one of the winners of this year from EU - 9xxx, I have a similar case but of course slightly different too would like to her your opinions

I am currently doing my undergrad in US on f-1 visa and I will be graduating this August
I have a pretty not convenient situation , because I want to do my OPT , so I wanT to do AOS, AS MY starting OPT date i will set 50 days after my graduation so somthing like beginning of October(thanks to some of your posts in here I know I need to apply Opt first and then to DV)
and I will have 3 month to find a job so lets hope I do get it before end of this year so I can extend my OPT up to a year my number was current in January last year
, but are there any people in here who got GC while on their OPT ?, my other option is to do CP which is to go back home in august and fill it out before sep30 , I just dont want to risk my OPT(work experience) chance if my GC gets denied, i dont know which route would increase my chances

thank u in advance

my other option is to do CP which is to go back home in august and fill it out before sep30 , I just dont want to risk my OPT(work experience) chance if my GC gets denied, i dont know which route would increase my chances

If you have never been out of status before, and you can show enough finances, doing AOS or CP will not increase or decrease your chances much in your case. So if OPT is important to you and you think you can find a job, doing AOS can be more convenient for you.

Hi everyone,

I have been selected for further processing in the 2014 diversity visa program. My case number is 2014AS0000800X. Currently I am finishing my master in USA in July and I have applied for OPT from 7/30/13-7/29/14(if approved). I didn't know that I have been selected when I sent out my opt application. Now I am planing to apply for AOS. However, I am worried that my opt will be expire by the time my interview time is scheduled since according to DV2013, case numbers around 8000's are started to process in June and it usually take long for AOS to be processed (Right?). Can I apply for CP even if I am in the states? Do I need to go home when my visa interview is schedule? Also, if I do apply through CP, when do I know if I get the visa? Thanks.

Hi everyone,
I have been selected for further processing in the 2014 diversity visa program. My case number is 2014AS0000800X. Currently I am finishing my master in USA in July and I have applied for OPT from 7/30/13-7/29/14(if approved). I didn't know that I have been selected when I sent out my opt application. Now I am planing to apply for AOS. However, I am worried that my opt will be expire by the time my interview time is scheduled since according to DV2013, case numbers around 8000's are started to process in June and it usually take long for AOS to be processed (Right?). Can I apply for CP even if I am in the states? Do I need to go home when my visa interview is schedule? Also, if I do apply through CP, when do I know if I get the visa? Thanks.

You have a grace period of 60 days after your OPT expires. Theoretically, you can still do AOS, provided you're scheduled for an interview before the grace period ends. Since your OPT expires on July 29th, 2014, your grace period will allow you to be legally in the US until September 29, 2014. But, keep in mind, that you'll be out of status on September 30, 2014.

Even if you're in the US, you can choose CP. If you're scheduled for an interview, you have to return to your home country. If you decide to go with CP instead of AOS, you should receive the second notification letter about the interview around the time your number becomes current. You'll know when you get the visa AFTER the interview. Even if you're scheduled for an interview, this is not a guarantee that they will grant you the green card. Just prepare all of your documents and be ready! :)

If you have never been out of status before, and you can show enough finances, doing AOS or CP will not increase or decrease your chances much in your case. So if OPT is important to you and you think you can find a job, doing AOS can be more convenient for you.
finding a job these days..... u know how it goess:) im an international student(sponshorship) so this kinda stops a lot of companies from hiring after undergrad , but basically I wonder if I still would be fine If it would be a contractor job -6month, meaning how long would the process after my case becomes current
my I-20 has been issue since 2009 and it will expire this August but I guess the dates of OPT expiration will be on it too so that will extend it at least till December what sucks is chances are high it can be January, and when will be able to know at least the first current numbers for month of October only in September?
thanks so much for the reply really appreciate it , I feel like I have mastered crimininal and civil laws in this 4 years now turn for immigration lol

You'll know when you get the visa AFTER the interview. Even if you're scheduled for an interview, this is not a guarantee that they will grant you the green card. Just prepare all of your documents and be ready! :)
First thank you for your respond. :) Do you know how long I have to wait after the interview to know if I am granted for the green card? Is there a way to increase the chances? Or it is really depends on if I meet the requirement? Thanks!

First thank you for your respond. :) Do you know how long I have to wait after the interview to know if I am granted for the green card? Is there a way to increase the chances? Or it is really depends on if I meet the requirement? Thanks!
As far as I know, unless your case is delayed due to Administrative Processing, they should let you know if you have the green card at the end of the interview. :) If you meet all of the requirements, you don't need to worry. They'll let you know what documents you need to bring with you at the interview (in the second notification letter). Once you decide which option works best for your case (AOS or CP), I recommend you start preparing the documents (which are listed on the DV lottery website and USCIS (for AOS)). As long as you fulfill the education requirements, have a clean record, and present all the documents they require, there's no reason for them to deny you the green card.

social ormact

As far as I know, unless your case is delayed due to Administrative Processing, they should let you know if you have the green card at the end of the interview. :) If you meet all of the requirements, you don't need to worry. They'll let you know what documents you need to bring with you at the interview (in the second notification letter). Once you decide which option works best for your case (AOS or CP), I recommend you start preparing the documents (which are listed on the DV lottery website and USCIS (for AOS)). As long as you fulfill the education requirements, have a clean record, and present all the documents they require, there's no reason for them to deny you the green card.

Thank you very much for your reply. After considering your reply, most likely I will be apply through CP as I don't want about out of status and it seems that CP will process faster compared to AOS (from all the posts in this topic). Thank you so much. :)

H1B - Labor petion pending , Dual intent or not ??

I'm on H1B and currently my company has filed PERM application under EB2 quota in Feb'13. Assuming it may take another 3-4 months for it to get approved.

At what stage I should stop the Employer based petition to make sure Dual intent doesn't become an issue. Should I get I-140 filed/approved or just stop at PERM/labor approval.

Case number 2014EU00007***. Plan to file AOS.

Already sent DSP122 + Photos + Barcode to KCC and DV lottery fee to Consulate on May 9th 2013.

Filing for Myself ( From India ) and my Wife ( On H4 from Ukraine ). We got married in 2012 here in USA.

I made a thread but Im gonna post my question here to ask. Please give me an answer

Hello,
I've selected DV2014.
I'm a student in the USA (F1 visa holder)
Since I'm here in the US, I woud like to choose the option to do AOS.
I sent an email to KCC a question like below.

"I'm physically in US as a student, i would like to do AOS.
Am I eligeble to do AOS?"

then KCC replied and told me I have to check the USCIS website and make an appointment and ask them my elidgebility.

so I went to local USCIS yesterday but they couldnt give me a solid answer that I am eligeble or not.

USCIS said "You are not eligeble yet but after October 1 2013, you will be eligeble. You have nothing to do until October 1 2013." but I think which is wrong.

From what I understand,I have to do like this

decide to do AOS
Send a form DS122 to KCC
Get a paper work to show my eligibility from USCIS.
Pay $330 to show my interest in AOS as soon as possible.
To prepare some paper works.
Then Wait until visa bulletin show my CN.

Is my understand wrong?
Could you give me a right answer?

Hi everyone,

I have been selected for further processing in the 2014 diversity visa program. My case number is 2014AS0000800X. Currently I am finishing my master in USA in July and I have applied for OPT from 7/30/13-7/29/14(if approved). I didn't know that I have been selected when I sent out my opt application.
Please make sure you read previous posts. This goes for everybody; there are things important for F1 students to understand before taking action.

You should wait about 90 days after you applied for OPT to send any forms anywhere. Because you have a nonimmigrant visa, applying for immigration closely after applying/getting a nonimmigrant benefit can have negative consequences.

You can apply for CP and when you get your interview, you can go to your country, but if you don't get the GC, there is a good chance you may not come back to US. In your case, applying for CP may look like more beneficial because of your OPT expiration; but you may want to wait a little and see how numbers progress this year before making any decision. Please inform yourself as much as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.