• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

I am putting together my AOS package. I see that in the AOS spreadsheet under Employment Documents it shows to submit
copy of pay stubs for the last 6 months and copies of W-2s. Also, under Evidence of Financial Support it says to submit copies of tax return transcripts for the past 3 years. My question is: should I submit all these documents when I mail the AOS package or should I submit them at the time of interview? For how many previous years should I submit copies of W-2s? Does anybody have a sample cover letter I could use or a link to it? I couldn't find in the spreadsheet the link to the memo for early filing. Could somebody point me to where I can find it? Thanks very much.

Hi menyi,

1. Here is the link to the policy memorandum: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...013/August/DV-Related I-485 Applications .pdf
2. A cover letter is not necessary as I heard, but I included mine anyway when I was sending out my package. I can email you my copy if you would like to: fiefia555@gmail.com
3. As far as financial documents goes, I believe either way is fine; however, if you have the latest pay stub (that you got after the AOS package has been submitted), it makes sense to take it to the interview. I submitted my financial documents with the package though.
4. I submitted all copies of W2 (for all my employment in the US).

Hope this helps! :)

Fiefia

Haha - I did the same thing on on Thursday. I was planning to see if it worked before I mentioned it here - so I guess you and I should hear something by early next week. I'm not sure on what it will get us though... I suppose the FO could ignore it still.
Simon,

I called today too. Biometrics done 4 weeks ago. No IL yet. I called to USCIS 1-800 number. After 3 (three!) hours oh hold finally got level2 Immigration Officer on the phone. He said he will send an inquiry to my FO. He said that I will receive a response from my FO within 2 weeks. Not sure what kind of response – I mean Interview letter or what.

Did you call 1-800? Or your Field Office?

We are debating if to go to Infopass after this call today. We have Infopass appointment this week Friday.

Simon,

I called today too. Biometrics done 4 weeks ago. No IL yet. I called to USCIS 1-800 number. After 3 (three!) hours oh hold finally got level2 Immigration Officer on the phone. He said he will send an inquiry to my FO. He said that I will receive a response from my FO within 2 weeks. Not sure what kind of response – I mean Interview letter or what.

Did you call 1-800? Or your Field Office?

We are debating if to go to Infopass after this call today. We have Infopass appointment this week Friday.

I called 1-800-375-5283. After some time of going round the normal channels it became clear that I was as able as she was to read the online update BUT I was still concerned. The agent was not as aware of DV processes as I am - so I had to explain the September 30th deadline and further explained the 140k selectees issue as an additional stress. I was very careful to explain it all in a way that got her on my side, as opposed to "telling her" things she should know. The agent was sympathetic and polite and she eventually mentioned the possibility of raising an expedite request - she explained it had to have a real justification and wasn't sure I could justify it, but she read through the list of acceptable reasons to expedite a case and about the last option mentioned something about cases that had a sunset timing issue "such as DV lottery cases". She and I both realized that would work and she said - "Bingo - that is what you were explaining!". So - she created three individual expedite requests (one for my, wife, daughter and myself) each one referencing the other. She gave me three reference numbers. She said the expedite "had to" be answered within 5 business days - but sometimes takes longer. I don't know for sure what it will mean for my case - that is why I was waiting before reporting back. I checked with Mom, and she said it was a positive thing for my case - so I am glad I did it. I'm not sure if your "inquiry" to the FO is the same - but it sounds like it.

Reactions: CWH
I called 1-800-375-5283. After some time of going round the normal channels it became clear that I was as able as she was to read the online update BUT I was still concerned. The agent was not as aware of DV processes as I am - so I had to explain the September 30th deadline and further explained the 140k selectees issue as an additional stress. I was very careful to explain it all in a way that got her on my side, as opposed to "telling her" things she should know. The agent was sympathetic and polite and she eventually mentioned the possibility of raising an expedite request - she explained it had to have a real justification and wasn't sure I could justify it, but she read through the list of acceptable reasons to expedite a case and about the last option mentioned something about cases that had a sunset timing issue "such as DV lottery cases". She and I both realized that would work and she said - "Bingo - that is what you were explaining!". So - she created three individual expedite requests (one for my, wife, daughter and myself) each one referencing the other. She gave me three reference numbers. She said the expedite "had to" be answered within 5 business days - but sometimes takes longer. I don't know for sure what it will mean for my case - that is why I was waiting before reporting back. I checked with Mom, and she said it was a positive thing for my case - so I am glad I did it. I'm not sure if your "inquiry" to the FO is the same - but it sounds like it.
I called the same number. When he went through the list of reasons acceptable for the expedite request, I chose "severe financial damage" since I own large amount of stocks from the US companies and my deportation could risk my investments. He didn't say anything like "...such as dv cases". I would have chosen it otherwise. Oh well.

I called the same number. When he went through the list of reasons acceptable for the expedite request, I chose "severe financial damage" since I own large amount of stocks from the US companies and my deportation could risk my investments. He didn't say anything like "...such as dv cases". I would have chosen it otherwise. Oh well.

Can't see how you could make the financial damage argument, but if challenged, raise the DV reason.

Thanks mom for the clarification. I will wait another week as you suggested. If nothing happens, I will call and also get the congressperson involved.

Thank you again for your prompt response.
Ohh :( I see You are getting thru some troubles. I am still waiting too. And I can not even book infopass in our Santa Ana office. How did You? Past two weeks it still shows me there is no available passes :(((. Also how I can get a congressperson involved if I can ask?

I totally understand urbanite.

It's possible you may get the notification anytime soon, or the package could be on it's way back to you either due to a missing signature, missing document or simply because it got handled by someone who feels you shouldn't have filed early even though the new memo authorizes early filing. Unfortunately, they're right about the 30 days response they gave you, nothing can be done for now. It's only if either there's no acceptance notification or your package hasn't been sent back to you after 30 days that USCIS will look into the case. So all I can say now is remain positive, and hopefully you'll find out soon enough what's going on with your case.

Mom thank you for your reply.

Do you think it is a good move to send them an email and kindly ask them to take a look at the case or you think it is unnecessary. My concern is that the end of July would be too late to :
a) resubmit the AOS file if there was something missing or gone lost
b) wait for Biometrics app which will further push the Interview day beyond August, add to this the waiting times that come with the not so easy NYC- FO office.

Thank you,

Hi menyi,

1. Here is the link to the policy memorandum: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/2013/August/DV-Related I-485 Applications .pdf
2. A cover letter is not necessary as I heard, but I included mine anyway when I was sending out my package. I can email you my copy if you would like to: fiefia555@gmail.com
3. As far as financial documents goes, I believe either way is fine; however, if you have the latest pay stub (that you got after the AOS package has been submitted), it makes sense to take it to the interview. I submitted my financial documents with the package though.
4. I submitted all copies of W2 (for all my employment in the US).

Hope this helps! :)

Fiefia
Hi Fiefia,

Thanks very much for your reply. I will be sending you my e-mail address to your inbox for the cover letter. I found the tax returns for the last 3 years. So I will submit those. Looks like I have to pay to get my for my previous W2s as I could only find my last W2.

I have two more questions. In the form g-325a it asks for the city and country of birth of parents. I initially put down their city of birth. But my birth certificate shows the village of birth of my parents. Should I put the city or village of birth for them in the g-325a form? I read somewhere else that we should submit 4 copies of g-325a because they will be used by different agencies. Is this true or should I submit only 1 copy? Thanks.

Mom thank you for your reply.

Do you think it is a good move to send them an email and kindly ask them to take a look at the case or you think it is unnecessary. My concern is that the end of July would be too late to :
a) resubmit the AOS file if there was something missing or gone lost
b) wait for Biometrics app which will further push the Interview day beyond August, add to this the waiting times that come with the not so easy NYC- FO office.

Thank you,

Well, if it makes you feel better, you can give that a shot. I understand you're worried about the timing, but the truth is if a case isn't in their system, they usually say they have no information about it. They wouldn't bother to track where an application is if it's submission is less than 30 days because they feel that the case would either have been accepted or returned back to the owner if need be within that time period.

Like Simon already wrote, not quite sure that reason is sufficient to expedite a DV case, it's an expedite reason used for EB-5 Immigrant Investor category, but hey, strangers when it comes to USCIS, stranger things have happened.

Ohh :( I see You are getting thru some troubles. I am still waiting too. And I can not even book infopass in our Santa Ana office. How did You? Past two weeks it still shows me there is no available passes :(((. Also how I can get a congressperson involved if I can ask?

When you attempt the infopass booking, are you looking at some particular time frame or you're expanding your selection to like a month out as a minimum?

I posted 2 links (probably on page 28 of this thread and on the AOS spreadsheet) on how to locate your congress man/woman or your house of rep person. Each congress/house of rep person has a link on their websites on how people can contact them to request assistance with immigration matters. So start by locating your congress/house of rep person first!

I have two more questions. In the form g-325a it asks for the city and country of birth of parents. I initially put down their city of birth. But my birth certificate shows the village of birth of my parents. Should I put the city or village of birth for them in the g-325a form? I read somewhere else that we should submit 4 copies of g-325a because they will be used by different agencies. Is this true or should I submit only 1 copy? Thanks.

City of birth is what is asked for, put down the city of birth. You only need one copy of G-325a per applicant.

When you attempt the infopass booking, are you looking at some particular time frame or you're expanding your selection to like a month out as a minimum?

I posted 2 links (probably on page 28 of this thread and on the AOS spreadsheet) on how to locate your congress man/woman or your house of rep person. Each congress/house of rep person has a link on their websites on how people can contact them to request assistance with immigration matters. So start by locating your congress/house of rep person first!
Thank You! I located my Congresslady and contacted Her. She responded I need writtem request so we will mail Her Tomorrow. On the infopass website does not let me even choose a specific date. After I put all my info and review them I click submit and it goes without dates saying there is none available ;/. Like wierd :(

Thank You! I located my Congresslady and contacted Her. She responded I need writtem request so we will mail Her Tomorrow. On the infopass website does not let me even choose a specific date. After I put all my info and review them I click submit and it goes without dates saying there is none available ;/. Like wierd :(

Yeah, weird! On the section where it asks for the reason for the infopass appt, have you been selecting the same option? Which option are you selecting?

Like Simon already wrote, not quite sure that reason is sufficient to expedite a DV case, it's an expedite reason used for EB-5 Immigrant Investor category, but hey, strangers when it comes to USCIS, stranger things have happened.
I have the reference number for the expedite request. I can call them again to change the reason, but I'll wait for them to call me first... 5 business days :)

Yeah, weird! On the section where it asks for the reason for the infopass appt, have you been selecting the same option? Which option are you selecting?
I am selecting "You need information or other services". Is correct right?

Yep, correct. Try selecting something else and see if the system lets you progress further.
Just tried almost all of them. Same info popping after :(. I will try minute after midnight maybe then will open something. Anyway, thank Youuuuu!