• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

I just filled out the form on web site that our case have been pending for 90 days and we need to make it until September and we need help to check whats going on. The very next day they called me from office and asked me to send additional documents from USCIS by fax, next week I got email that they requested my case and will let me know as soon as they get some written response. Yesterday USCIS called me :)
P.S.Kirsten Gillibrand is the best :)

Excellent.

Mom quick question:
If an AOS gets refused and because he can appeal, since his on US soil.
Now can he still get approved after the 30 september ? Or the appeal case falls immediately after that date ?

The appeal becomes moot after Sept 30th. The courts can't force USCIS to approve a case one the FY is over.

I actually posted a link to some court cases/rulings in similar situations on the AOS spreadsheet.

The appeal becomes moot after Sept 30th. The courts can't force USCIS to approve a case one the FY is over.

I actually posted a link to some court cases/rulings in similar situations on the AOS spreadsheet.
Wow !
Just shows how powerful is the judiciary system in usa.
Thanks for the info

Hi: I was selected by DV 2014. My question is my wife and I will interview together or separate in USCIS?
Since my baby just borned this month and we can't find anyone to take care of him. Can we bring him with us to interview together??

Thank you so much!!

Hi: I was selected by DV 2014. My question is my wife and I will interview together or separate in USCIS?
Since my baby just borned this month and we can't find anyone to take care of him. Can we bring him with us to interview together??

Thank you so much!!

The interview is usually done together, but there have been reports some IOs who conducted interview separately, they started with the selectee first and later called in the derivative spouse. But there's nothing to fear even if you face that situation as long as your marriage isn't a sham marriage.

It's perfectly okay to take the baby along. Wether you take the baby it not though, you need make sure you take the baby's birth certificate along, both original and photocopy.

The interview is usually done together, but there have been reports some IOs who conducted interview separately, they started with the selectee first and later called in the derivative spouse. But there's nothing to fear even if you face that situation as long as your marriage isn't a sham marriage.

It's perfectly okay to take the baby along. Wether you take the baby it not though, you need make sure you take the baby's birth certificate along, both original and photocopy.

Thank you!! so, it won't effect our case if our baby is already a US citizen, right?
Since we lived in the US for several years already, just use different visa, not GC.
So, the DV is really important for us. Thank you for answering.

Thank you!! so, it won't effect our case if our baby is already a US citizen, right?
Since we lived in the US for several years already, just use different visa, not GC.
So, the DV is really important for us. Thank you for answering.

Right, your baby's US Citizenship status will not affect your application.

I just filled out the form on web site that our case have been pending for 90 days and we need to make it until September and we need help to check whats going on. The very next day they called me from office and asked me to send additional documents from USCIS by fax, next week I got email that they requested my case and will let me know as soon as they get some written response. Yesterday USCIS called me :)
P.S.Kirsten Gillibrand is the best :)
First, congrats on your progress so far.
I have some questions about contacting the congress person. I would really appreciates if you help me.
1.Should I contact the congress person of the city I live in or the field office?
2. What is the best way to contact them? Is it by mail or phone?
3. Is the form you filled specific for your sentor office or it is for everyone? If it is general form, whould you please send the link?

Thank you

Hi Britsimon. May I know what to select for the derivative spouse in part 2 of form I-485 for the Type of application please? Thanks.

Hi, I have a couple of questions. I'd greatly appreciate your replies.
My number is 2014EU...47XXX, and I believe it'll become current in September 2014.
I asked for AOS but I doubt I have enough time to make it.
1) Does anyone know about cases when anyone got a GC in a time line and number like mine?
2) I haven't paid the DOS fees yet. If I send the check today, how much time will it take to get the receipt back?
3) Who the DV lottery fee should be payable to on the check? US Department of State?
4) I read in the thread about the fingerprint submission. But I do not see it in the list of the supporting docs?
At which stage does that requirement come forward?
5) Many in the thread mention a specific USCIS office where their case is considered.
If I'm required to file i-485 form by mail to Chicago processing center, how it ends up in a local office?
6) What is the difference between lockbox and direct filing? Which one is faster?
3) Assuming that I got the receipt in 2 weeks, I'll be left with about 2 months before September 30.
Should I consider switching from AOS to consular processing?
Thank you in advance.

Hi, I have a couple of questions. I'd greatly appreciate your replies.
My number is 2014EU...47XXX, and I believe it'll become current in September 2014.
I asked for AOS but I doubt I have enough time to make it.
1) Does anyone know about cases when anyone got a GC in a time line and number like mine?
2) I haven't paid the DOS fees yet. If I send the check today, how much time will it take to get the receipt back?
3) Who the DV lottery fee should be payable to on the check? US Department of State?
4) I read in the thread about the fingerprint submission. But I do not see it in the list of the supporting docs?
At which stage does that requirement come forward?
5) Many in the thread mention a specific USCIS office where their case is considered.
If I'm required to file i-485 form by mail to Chicago processing center, how it ends up in a local office?
6) What is the difference between lockbox and direct filing? Which one is faster?
3) Assuming that I got the receipt in 2 weeks, I'll be left with about 2 months before September 30.
Should I consider switching from AOS to consular processing?
Thank you in advance.

Most of your questions are answered in the spreadsheet, which is linked on the first post of this thread.

Regarding switching to CP, you may have left that too late already. When you submit forms to KCC for processing, they need about 4 weeks to process them before they are ready to schedule an interview. So, if you did that now, you might get an appointment for September but most of the early spots will have been scheduled already. I personally think EU will get stopped before the end of September so switching to CP is playing with fire at this point.

On the other hand, AOS is possible but also risky starting in September. Processing aos in one month is possible, but you may not even have the whole month of September.

And before all that, you need to go current at 47XXX - quite a big jump.

So - you need to spend this weekend getting prepared and make a decision for CP or AOS. Whichever you decide, you need to act fast, and you will need some luck! - So, best of luck!

Most of your questions are answered in the spreadsheet, which is linked on the first post of this thread.

Regarding switching to CP, you may have left that too late already. When you submit forms to KCC for processing, they need about 4 weeks to process them before they are ready to schedule an interview. So, if you did that now, you might get an appointment for September but most of the early spots will have been scheduled already. I personally think EU will get stopped before the end of September so switching to CP is playing with fire at this point.

On the other hand, AOS is possible but also risky starting in September. Processing aos in one month is possible, but you may not even have the whole month of September.

And before all that, you need to go current at 47XXX - quite a big jump.

So - you need to spend this weekend getting prepared and make a decision for CP or AOS. Whichever you decide, you need to act fast, and you will need some luck! - So, best of luck!
Thank you very much for your immediate answer. I found many answers to my questions in the spreadsheet, I'm still going over it.

Thank you very much for your immediate answer. I found many answers to my questions in the spreadsheet, I'm still going over it.

Yep - it covers pretty much everything. Once you have read it - you can ask what it left unanswered for you....

Hi everyone,

I'm putting together my aos package now (hoping that my cn: 2014AS14xxx will be current in the next VB)
and I had a question regarding I-797 that needs to be included. I have I-797 for my current O1 visa but
do I need to include all the previous I-797's as well? I've also had two H1b's before with my current employer and OPT, F1
from the schools I've attended. I wasn't sure if I should send everything or just send the current I-797 and bring the
previous documents to the interview.
Would much appreciate your help!