• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Agreed. Along with don't talk or say anything unless asked - right.

I'm gonna find that one hard....

Yeah Simon, I was beginning to wonder if I have to attend your interview with you, but I think Mrs. BritSimon will do a fantastic job of making sure you don't go on and on during the interview ;)

Yeah Simon, I was beginning to wonder if I have to attend your interview with you, but I think Mrs. BritSimon will do a fantastic job of making sure you don't go on and on during the interview ;)

LOL Mom! Luckily she is the principal selectee, so a confident CO will probably tell me to shut up and expect her to talk. That is probably a good thing...

Mind you, the idea of having you attend the interview would be very comforting. I would love to see you explaining the rules in depth to the CO!!

Hi All,
I followed for a while without participating, but now I'm officially freaking out!!!!
I got my bio done on May 3rd. Received my EAD on June 11th but did not get an interview letter yet.
I looked at the timeline an realized that other people that are in NY FO still waiting on their IL. I have an infopass for July 15th, but meanwhile I am just nervous. I am really scared that I will miss the deadline.
Can someone give me feedback about what is going on in NYC FO?

Thanks

this is a quick question about EAD. after receiving EAD, can DV selectees work right away? Would it be wiser to wait until the interview?

Hi, I am currently in H1B and I did received OPT EAD and Alien# when I was previously in F1 starus.
I am filing I-485 now. When I apply for EAD do I need to say I have already applied for EAD and do I need to mention previous A# as well? Since I am in H1B and those pertains to F1 I am confused regarding how to proceed.

this is a quick question about EAD. after receiving EAD, can DV selectees work right away? Would it be wiser to wait until the interview?

Yes one can work right away after receiving the EAD card. However, there's a catch. Upon using the card, you move from your current visa status to adjustment pending status, and if God forbid, someone with a non dual intent visa such as F1 find themselves in a situation where the application is denied, they will not be able to revert back to their previous status upon denial.

Basically not a good idea for an F or J status DV applicant to use AOS based EAD card to take up employment, just be patient and wait for the actual GC itself.

Reactions: CWH
Hi, I am currently in H1B and I did received OPT EAD and Alien# when I was previously in F1 starus.
I am filing I-485 now. When I apply for EAD do I need to say I have already applied for EAD and do I need to mention previous A# as well? Since I am in H1B and those pertains to F1 I am confused regarding how to proceed.

Why do you feel a need to apply for EAD card when you're already on H1B?

Hi my case number is 2014 AS 67**, and due to some complications in my case I applied only on the end of june (june 28th) for my AOS. What are my chances of getting a green card now? I didn't realize that it took this long and the numbers for Asia were that slow. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

It would allow me to work while waiting for GC . There are rumors of layoff for my employer.

I see. Well then, to answer your previous post: the answer to both question is 'yes'. It doesn't matter that you're no longer in F1 status, the AOS application you're sending in is not even employment based. Even if it was, you will still have to indicate if you've ever applied for an EAD card in the past or not.

LOL Mom! Luckily she is the principal selectee, so a confident CO will probably tell me to shut up and expect her to talk. That is probably a good thing...

Mind you, the idea of having you attend the interview would be very comforting. I would love to see you explaining the rules in depth to the CO!!

Lol at that scenario. The IO will most likely kick me out of the interviewing room

YEAH, USCIS just called me and told me that we have interview on July 18th and our official mail will arrive shortly. mabe it's the same coincidence or may be because I ask help from senator's office. anyway it worked :)

YEAH, USCIS just called me and told me that we have interview on July 18th and our official mail will arrive shortly. mabe it's the same coincidence or may be because I ask help from senator's office. anyway it worked :)

Congratulations. As the FY begins to wind down, some IOs go the extra length of calling applicants and telling them about their interview dates. I do commend them when they make this extra effort :)

Great! Wish you luck for the interview. Btw what did you tell the senator's office?

Hello,

I am getting really worried about my case. I called USCIS two days ago to talk to one of the officers, but they didn't transfer me due to high volume calls. The rep took my information and told me that an immigration officer will call me in 3-5 business days. But in the mean time, I am thinking to get the congress person involved instead of waiting. I searched the form to get info about getting the congress person involved but couldn't find much. So I really appreciate if anyone can walk me through the process or share any link/info with me. My FO is Santa Ana, CA.

Mom quick question:
If an AOS gets refused and because he can appeal, since his on US soil.
Now can he still get approved after the 30 september ? Or the appeal case falls immediately after that date ?

Hello,

I am getting really worried about my case. I called USCIS two days ago to talk to one of the officers, but they didn't transfer me due to high volume calls. The rep took my information and told me that an immigration officer will call me in 3-5 business days. But in the mean time, I am thinking to get the congress person involved instead of waiting. I searched the form to get info about getting the congress person involved but couldn't find much. So I really appreciate if anyone can walk me through the process or share any link/info with me. My FO is Santa Ana, CA.

I am with a similar problem. Are you in a NT field office?

Great! Wish you luck for the interview. Btw what did you tell the senator's office?
I just filled out the form on web site that our case have been pending for 90 days and we need to make it until September and we need help to check whats going on. The very next day they called me from office and asked me to send additional documents from USCIS by fax, next week I got email that they requested my case and will let me know as soon as they get some written response. Yesterday USCIS called me :)
P.S.Kirsten Gillibrand is the best :)

I just filled out the form on web site that our case have been pending for 90 days and we need to make it until September and we need help to check whats going on. The very next day they called me from office and asked me to send additional documents from USCIS by fax, next week I got email that they requested my case and will let me know as soon as they get some written response. Yesterday USCIS called me :)
P.S.Kirsten Gillibrand is the best :)
Wow you are sol lucky, I wrote to cory booker from newark,NJ but no reply