• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

First, congrats on your progress so far.
I have some questions about contacting the congress person. I would really appreciates if you help me.
1.Should I contact the congress person of the city I live in or the field office?
2. What is the best way to contact them? Is it by mail or phone?
3. Is the form you filled specific for your sentor office or it is for everyone? If it is general form, whould you please send the link?

Thank you

By the way, 2 days ago senator's office sent me mail official letter from senate that I have interview and copies of my interview letters from USCIS :) they work super fast :) . We'll see when original letter come :)

By the way, 2 days ago senator's office sent me mail official letter from senate that I have interview and copies of my interview letters from USCIS :) they work super fast :) . We'll see when original letter come :)

I edited your post and removed the link to YOUR congress person's site. This is to prevent the possibility of people thinking that's the link for everyone to use. Everyone one interested in contacting a congress person should only use the congress person with jurisdiction over their place of residence.

I feel it takes forever to receive the interview letter. I did the bio walk-in on May 28. Now I have not received the EAD/AP and interview notice. Boston office anyone? How long I have to wait?

I feel it takes forever to receive the interview letter. I did the bio walk-in on May 28. Now I have not received the EAD/AP and interview notice. Boston office anyone? How long I have to wait?

Take a look at the timeline spreadsheet to see how the Boston FO is doing

Just an update on my situation: I haven't received my IL since my biometrics walk-in (June 17th) so I called USCIS ASC. They placed and expedite request, and told me that I'll receive a call within 5 business days.

Hi everyone,

I'm putting together my aos package now (hoping that my cn: 2014AS14xxx will be current in the next VB)
and I had a question regarding I-797 that needs to be included. I have I-797 for my current O1 visa but
do I need to include all the previous I-797's as well? I've also had two H1b's before with my current employer and OPT, F1
from the schools I've attended. I wasn't sure if I should send everything or just send the current I-797 and bring the
previous documents to the interview.
Would much appreciate your help!

anyone...? :oops:

Mom,

I don't want to give the impression that I'm worrying too much but it has been more than 2 weeks that my AOS package has been delivered and I haven't received any signs/notification or check cashed. I called them to ask and I was told that waiting time can go up to 30 days before you get a Acceptance text/email. I have been checking the timelines and the average is 7-9 days, except Simon's case.

My number is current for the month of August and I will be going through the NYC-FO office, what do you think I should do. I'm just afraid that I may be run out of time...

Mom,

I don't want to give the impression that I'm worrying too much but it has been more than 2 weeks that my AOS package has been delivered and I haven't received any signs/notification or check cashed. I called them to ask and I was told that waiting time can go up to 30 days before you get a Acceptance text/email. I have been checking the timelines and the average is 7-9 days, except Simon's case.

My number is current for the month of August and I will be going through the NYC-FO office, what do you think I should do. I'm just afraid that I may be run out of time...

I totally understand urbanite.

It's possible you may get the notification anytime soon, or the package could be on it's way back to you either due to a missing signature, missing document or simply because it got handled by someone who feels you shouldn't have filed early even though the new memo authorizes early filing. Unfortunately, they're right about the 30 days response they gave you, nothing can be done for now. It's only if either there's no acceptance notification or your package hasn't been sent back to you after 30 days that USCIS will look into the case. So all I can say now is remain positive, and hopefully you'll find out soon enough what's going on with your case.

Hi, Do you know if I need to make copies of blank sheets of my passport or no , somebody is advising to me to do it?

I was wondering who has gotten the IL in the last weeks ?!??

Checking the timeline, it seems that no one has received anything in the month of June (apart my fellow Bostonian...). And no interview is scheduled for July so far.

I haven't received anything yet, I've already gone twice to talk to the officer, and despite my file is in my field office on some desk since beginning of June, he didn't seem to be overly concerned about the timing (even if he was fully aware of the DV process).

Last edited:
Just an update on my situation: I haven't received my IL since my biometrics walk-in (June 17th) so I called USCIS ASC. They placed and expedite request, and told me that I'll receive a call within 5 business days.
Can you give the phone number? How is it different from the USCIS customer service?

Haha - I did the same thing on on Thursday. I was planning to see if it worked before I mentioned it here - so I guess you and I should hear something by early next week. I'm not sure on what it will get us though... I suppose the FO could ignore it still.

I am putting together my AOS package. I see that in the AOS spreadsheet under Employment Documents it shows to submit
copy of pay stubs for the last 6 months and copies of W-2s. Also, under Evidence of Financial Support it says to submit copies of tax return transcripts for the past 3 years. My question is: should I submit all these documents when I mail the AOS package or should I submit them at the time of interview? For how many previous years should I submit copies of W-2s? Does anybody have a sample cover letter I could use or a link to it? I couldn't find in the spreadsheet the link to the memo for early filing. Could somebody point me to where I can find it? Thanks very much.