• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

How come?

How's your case coming along by the way? Hope everything is all right.

Few countries can get enough issuances from 6k selectees to meet the limit. The country has to have a high response rate, and a high success rate. Nepal meets those standards, but also this year the global limit is likely to hit, meaning the country has to hit the limit fast as well. Nepal is progressing fast enough too. Iran will get close, and I haven't checked them all, but I think countries in EU can't do it and AF is unlikely.

Our case is fine. Still waiting for the interview - have done the bios so will be setting up an infopass to nudge it along.

Few countries can get enough issuances from 6k selectees to meet the limit. The country has to have a high response rate, and a high success rate. Nepal meets those standards, but also this year the global limit is likely to hit, meaning the country has to hit the limit fast as well. Nepal is progressing fast enough too. Iran will get close, and I haven't checked them all, but I think countries in EU can't do it and AF is unlikely.

Our case is fine. Still waiting for the interview - have done the bios so will be setting up an infopass to nudge it along.

Last year we didn't know about Iran until the "sorry we're full" notice. I think the issue is there must be lots of AP cases in process and little insight for us how many get resolved how quickly.

Last year we didn't know about Iran until the "sorry we're full" notice. I think the issue is there must be lots of AP cases in process and little insight for us how many get resolved how quickly.

The last minute push to clear up AP cases in September normally happens, and as you say, that is what hit the limit last year. this year I think we will see less of those late September AP resolutions.

The last minute push to clear up AP cases in September normally happens, and as you say, that is what hit the limit last year. this year I think we will see less of those late September AP resolutions.
Do you know how many AP cases there are outstanding for Iran at the moment, and July interviews? I don't think there will be many more interviews from August so what is there now is probably pretty close to "it".

Do you know how many AP cases there are outstanding for Iran at the moment, and July interviews? I don't think there will be many more interviews from August so what is there now is probably pretty close to "it".

At the gym at the moment on iPad, so I will take a look later..

This is the only thread we have for AOS related issues. Can we please keep it at that and not allow it to degenerate into a thread where all other issues are being discussed.

Thank you!

Hello everyone , I'm a new member and I have so many questions! I applied for AOS under the DV2014 on March 10, did my biometrics on April 11 but since then I have no info from them. When I called the reps on April 20 for updates, they told me that processing time was 90 days. When I call then now, they tell me that te rep gave me a wrong information. I am really confused and scared that the delay will cost me to drop out of college. I'm F1 and my support has no money to pay for the next semester. I'm sure my case is delayed and the reps just don't know what they are talking about. How can I get them to look into my case?

nobody knows about to be double nationality? i will take my both passport with me but somthing more to do in the interview time?

What was your question regarding dual nationality?
we didn't send anything about my other passport but where my parents were born they saw already. can they give us any problem about this? or what sould i say about this? should i be careful? or i should wait until they ask something about my other nationality?

Hello everyone , I'm a new member and I have so many questions! I applied for AOS under the DV2014 on March 10, did my biometrics on April 11 but since then I have no info from them. When I called the reps on April 20 for updates, they told me that processing time was 90 days. When I call then now, they tell me that te rep gave me a wrong information. I am really confused and scared that the delay will cost me to drop out of college. I'm F1 and my support has no money to pay for the next semester. I'm sure my case is delayed and the reps just don't know what they are talking about. How can I get them to look into my case?

Okay, what do you mean by the delay will cause you to drop out of college and that your "support has no money to pay for the next semester"? What is the expiry date on your I-20? What was your plan if you hadn't won the DV lottery? Was your course of study already complete and where you getting ready to leave the US prior to wining the lottery? It is highly important for you as a F1 student to ensure you're currently in status and have never gone out of status by the time of your interview. Have you made the necessary financial arrangement to show that you will not become a public charge when you attend your interview?

Anyway, you should schedeule an infopass at your FO. You can also contact your congress person and ask them to initiate an inquiry with your FO on your behalf.

we didn't send anything about my other passport but where my parents were born they saw already. can they give us any problem about this? or what sould i say about this? should i be careful? or i should wait until they ask something about my other nationality?

Your 2nd nationality is not a big deal, but nothing wrong with taking those passports along at the time of the interview. Once you have a feel for the likely outcome of the interview, you can mention the fact that you have a dual nationality, (if you want them to have it on record).

Your 2nd nationality is not a big deal, but nothing wrong with taking those passports along at the time of the interview. Once you have a feel for the likely outcome of the interview, you can mention the fact that you have a dual nationality, (if you want them to have it on record).
thank you for your response.

Okay, what do you mean by the delay will cause you to drop out of college and that your "support has no money to pay for the next semester"? What is the expiry date on your I-20? What was your plan if you hadn't won the DV lottery? Was your course of study already complete and where you getting ready to leave the US prior to wining the lottery? It is highly important for you as a F1 student to ensure you're currently in status and have never gone out of status by the time of your interview. Have you made the necessary financial arrangement to show that you will not become a public charge when you attend your interview?

Anyway, you should schedeule an infopass at your FO. You can also contact your congress person and ask them to initiate an inquiry with your FO on your behalf.

I still have a standing F-1 status, my I-20 is valid till next year. and I am a senior undergrad in Engineering, but my sponsor is having financial issues ans we were really hoping to get the green card before august in order to apply for financial aid. My FO is in Newark and customer service rep told me that they are now looking at cases from October 27, 2013. So they refused to do my inquiry. Isn't DV Lottery different from other categories?

I set up an appointment with my FO, what should I ask them? It has been 2 and 1/2 months since I did biometrics.

I still have a standing F-1 status, my I-20 is valid till next year. and I am a senior undergrad in Engineering, but my sponsor is having financial issues ans we were really hoping to get the green card before august in order to apply for financial aid. My FO is in Newark and customer service rep told me that they are now looking at cases from October 27, 2013. So they refused to do my inquiry. Isn't DV Lottery different from other categories?

I set up an appointment with my FO, what should I ask them? It has been 2 and 1/2 months since I did biometrics.

Newark has been one of the more reliable FOs this year. They know what they're doing (not the rep you talked to tough). I say you should expect to receive your IL any day now. Proceed with the info pass and tell them exactly what you said here.

Newark has been one of the more reliable FOs this year. They know what they're doing (not the rep you talked to tough). I say you should expect to receive your IL any day now. Proceed with the info pass and tell them exactly what you said here.

Thank you, I am really freaking out here :)

I'm in your same situation.
I'm currently on f1 visa and was hoping to get a green card before ertolling for next semester in order to pay less in tuition since I will not be considered an international student anymore.
I've been waiting for 2 months today since my biometrics.
I have already done an info pass 2 weeks ago. It seems that they have my file but the officer in charge hasnt opened it yet.
I explained my situation and the officer at the booth told me that he would have left a note to the officer in charge of my file.
So far no news. :(

Did anyone send I-485 on June and get a respond?
I have sent the I-485 and it was received on June 19, however, until now I did not receive any text messages or email. And the check is not cashed yet.

Did anyone send I-485 on June and get a respond?
I have sent the I-485 and it was received on June 19, however, until now I did not receive any text messages or email. And the check is not cashed yet.
Hi Monh,

I' m in the same boat. I sent my AOS package initially on June 12 and it was returned to me 7 days after for a mistake I made with when filling the info. I corrected the data and the sent the AOS package again on June 23rd and as of now, no returned package, no notification and no check cashed.

Let's hope we get to hear something soon.