• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Guys I have a question,

Sorry in advance if this may sound stupid. So i know I have had some of the vaccines required when I was a child (Like the Tetanus, Diphteria ) but at the moment I don't have any proof to support that. Having the same vaccine done again, will it cause any health complications ?

Guys I have a question,

Sorry in advance if this may sound stupid. So i know I have had some of the vaccines required when I was a child (Like the Tetanus, Diphteria ) but at the moment I don't have any proof to support that. Having the same vaccine done again, will it cause any health complications ?

You have to talk to your family doctor and then with the doctor who will sign your I-693 form.

For example, I had measles, mumps, and rubella when I was young, so I naturally developed the antibodies, but the doctor requested the vaccine no matter what.
I talked to my doctor back in my home country and to my family doctor here and they didn't see anything harmful in getting the vaccine, so I had the shot.

Good luck.

You have to talk to your family doctor and then with the doctor who will sign your I-693 form.

For example, I had measles, mumps, and rubella when I was young, so I naturally developed the antibodies, but the doctor requested the vaccine no matter what.
I talked to my doctor back in my home country and to my family doctor here and they didn't see anything harmful in getting the vaccine, so I had the shot.

Good luck.
Thank you Matteos and good luck to you too

Hi,
To whom should the $330 DV fee be made payable please? Can I use a Walmart Money Order?
Thanks.

Hey guys,
I am in the process of sending the AOS package. I have two quick questions and appreciate your thoughts on them:
1) Somewhere in this forum I read that if I am to send a cheque for paying the 1070$ AOS fee it has to be a CASHIER cheque. But, now I am reading the i485 instruction pdf and it seems like PERSONAL cheque is also acceptable. Any idea on that?
2) Every word in my BSc certificate is translated to English and it is a bilingual document. Do you think it is still necessary to have it translated?

Thanks for your help.

Hi,
To whom should the $330 DV fee be made payable please? Can I use a Walmart Money Order?
Thanks.
To: U.S. Department of State
They need postal money order. I don't think Walmart's acceptable. Don't take my word for it though!

Hi friend
I send AOS package 05/14/2014 and there is no news yet, is it strange? I become current in july

Hi friend
I send AOS package 05/14/2014 and there is no news yet, is it strange? I become current in july
Maybe it will cheer you up little bit, but I sent mine Feb12 and the acceptance message came on March 3rd. I was current in April. So hopefully couple more days... Did you call them? I believe I called them and whoever was on the phone told me to be patient and wait up to 30 days and call them again.
I'm the winner on the timeline when it comes to Chicago - acceptance thing- 19 days:)

Last edited:
Yes, I called them yesterday, he entered my name in the system and told me that your name isn't in our system , call us again in next 10 days if there isn't any news!

Hey guys,
I am in the process of sending the AOS package. I have two quick questions and appreciate your thoughts on them:
1) Somewhere in this forum I read that if I am to send a cheque for paying the 1070$ AOS fee it has to be a CASHIER cheque. But, now I am reading the i485 instruction pdf and it seems like PERSONAL cheque is also acceptable. Any idea on that?
2) Every word in my BSc certificate is translated to English and it is a bilingual document. Do you think it is still necessary to have it translated?

Thanks for your help.
1. Personal cheque is acceptable.
2. Mine was bilingual, too and I had it translated but I believe without the translation still you should be fine.

Thanks Neshate for the response. You are right. I think the chasier's check was required for the 330$ DV fee, not the i485 filing fee.
Two other question:
1. How helpful you think this new Memo is? I mean they take in your document early but do you they do anything beyond that before your number is current?
2. I am a bit worried about my TB test result. I took the BCG shot as an infant I heard it is probable for the skin test to turn out positive because of that. Any experience about that?

I really appreciate your help.

Last edited:
Thanks Neshate for the response. You are right. I think the chasier's check was required for the 330$ DV fee, not the i485 filing fee.
Another quick question:
How helpful you think this new Memo is? I mean they take in your document early but do you they do anything beyond that before your number is current?
According to the new memo, you can send your package as soon as you see your number current. And as soon as they accept your package in Chicago, they start processing, send biometric letters and later interview letters are sent by your FO. You can try sending it as soon as you saw your number, hopefully they do not reject it. By the way, where are you from?