• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

According to the new memo, you can send your package as soon as you see your number current. And as soon as they accept your package in Chicago, they start processing, send biometric letters and later interview letters are sent by your FO. You can try sending it as soon as you saw your number, hopefully they do not reject it. By the way, where are you from?
Thanks for the quick response Neshate.
I am from Iran.

Then you should have told your lawyer he/she was wrong when they told you there's nothing to worry about and that your FO is still dealing with applications from 2013, that timeline does not apply to DV cases.

So go ahead and call your congressman/woman, and they will tell wether to fax or email your information to them.
i called them on monday and they gave us an appointment on wednesdey at 10 am and we arrived at 10. she said that if something is going wrong in your file we fix it but we can not speed up the proccess. for example if the field office send our file to the storage and they forgot it, we will fix it. but if everything is ok you just have to wait for letter. is everything normal you think mom?

Hello everybody
2. I am a bit worried about my TB test result. I took the BCG shot as an infant I heard it is probable for the skin test to turn out positive because of that. Any experience about that?

You should be fine. No worries on this issue.

Thanks Neshate for the response. You are right. I think the chasier's check was required for the 330$ DV fee, not the i485 filing fee.
Two other question:
1. How helpful you think this new Memo is? I mean they take in your document early but do you they do anything beyond that before your number is current?
2. I am a bit worried about my TB test result. I took the BCG shot as an infant I heard it is probable for the skin test to turn out positive because of that. Any experience about that?

I really appreciate your help.
I had the same, did X-ray and was ok

Well the link in the Google Document was not getting me anywhere. I kept on entering my older address and nothing. The same with the self-help phone line.
During the call they mentioned another web address, which is this one : http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript (I believe this is different form the link in the GD, perhaps we need also to include this link for future reference if people face the same challenges I was facing).

I followed the steps and was able to get everything in the next 5 minutes. Thank you neshate for checking and good luck to you in your journey.

Thanks for pointing out the difficulties you had with the IRS link on the Google Spreadsheet. Now and then, posted links will no longer work because the site has since been updated since the document was put together or for whatever reason. The spreadsheet will be updated with the new link you found.

Hey guys,
I am in the process of sending the AOS package. I have two quick questions and appreciate your thoughts on them:
1) Somewhere in this forum I read that if I am to send a cheque for paying the 1070$ AOS fee it has to be a CASHIER cheque. But, now I am reading the i485 instruction pdf and it seems like PERSONAL cheque is also acceptable. Any idea on that?
2) Every word in my BSc certificate is translated to English and it is a bilingual document. Do you think it is still necessary to have it translated?

Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure where you read that the AOS payment HAS TO BE a cashier's check. We always told people they have the option of sending in a personal check or a cashier's check. In addition, we've always encouraged people to actually use the personal check option as this enables one to keep track of when the check is cashed by USCIS.

here's my interview experience in San Antonio Field Office on June 2nd:
I arrived 15 minutes before the appointment. Two very friendly guards welcomed me and asked me to take a sit and wait for my name to be called. 20 minutes later my name was called and a middle-aged interview officer took me to an office and asked me to raise my right hand and take the oath. Then he asked me for my passport, EAD cards and visa. After a couple of minutes examining the documents, he asked me to answer a few questions with yes/no. (Are you here for espionage?, are you here to overthrow US government? ...) after that, he said my case is approved and stamped my passport with I-551 stamp and told me my card should arrive in 3-4 weeks. Then he asked me if I have any questions, which I did not. He, then, accompanied me to the front door of the building and wished me luck. The whole process took about 5 minutes.
My case status was updated this early morning and I'm expecting to receive my card either today or Monday.

I am going up for my interview on Monday. I'm planning to call KCC on my way to the office to ask whether my file was requested or not. If the file has not been requested and for any reason the officer doesn't mention anything, should I say/ask anything?

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I won the 2014 Green Card lottery. Number OC00000XXX. I filed in October, completed biometrics on 11/21, received my Employment authorization on 12/22 and since then have heard nothing. I am adjusting status from a J1 visa (without the two year rule) at the New York field office. Does anyone have any idea why this might be - my case is straightforward and complete, I had a lawyer check over it. I went to an infopass appointment and they couldn't tell me anything except that my application was in the building.

Any ideas for how to get this moving would be much appreciated - September 30 is getting close!

Hi everyone,

I won the 2014 Green Card lottery. Number OC00000XXX. I filed in October, completed biometrics on 11/21, received my Employment authorization on 12/22 and since then have heard nothing. I am adjusting status from a J1 visa (without the two year rule) at the New York field office. Does anyone have any idea why this might be - my case is straightforward and complete, I had a lawyer check over it. I went to an infopass appointment and they couldn't tell me anything except that my application was in the building.

Any ideas for how to get this moving would be much appreciated - September 30 is getting close!

Let me get this right, you've been current since November or so? And you didn't get an interview letter yet?? Contact your congressman ASAP, and forget about your lawyer. Did you get any help from a lawyer or anybody else who you listed in your application in "Part 6. signature of person preparing form, if other than above" when you filed? If you did, maybe your IL or other correspondence were sent to that person/firm. Otherwise, if you filled the form yourself, contact your congressman to get their help to get your FO into action. Since you are from OC, you have to act quick, that region runs out of visa numbers faster than others.

Thanks for your quick response. Yes, I've been current since October. I filed myself. Do you have any recommendations for what to write to my congressperson?

There was some discussion in this thread about that if I'm not mistaken; you might want to read the previous pages to find out. I'd personally call instead of writing a letter.

Here's a link to a related post #103, it's a good idea to get another infopass and go there with all the documents and request to be seen by a supervisor.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Are you sure you filed as a DV case - Part 2. Application type h is checked with explanation "Diversity Visa lottery winner, letter is attached" and attached the letter? In any case, you need to get your FO to realize that this is a DV case, and also get your congress person's office contact USCIS on your behalf.

Last edited:
I had my interview this morning! I arrived 15 minutes early and got called 15 min after my scheduled interview time. The lady was very nice, she made me take an oath and then started the interview. She asked me when was the last time I entered the US and looked at my I-94, which she didn't take. She asked me if I was currently enrolled in school and if I had any evidence of that. I showed her my current visa, my enrollment verification letter and the term I am currently enrolled in. She asked for my high school diploma and asked me if I was employed. She then moved on to the I-485 form where she verified all the information on it and all the yes/no questions. Finally, she asked whether I paid the $330 fee, said that my case was approved and that she would request the package from KCC today. Very laid back interview, no details. It was very quick, it only lasted 15 minutes.
Thanks everyone for your help with the process!!

I had my interview this morning! I arrived 15 minutes early and got called 15 min after my scheduled interview time. The lady was very nice, she made me take an oath and then started the interview. She asked me when was the last time I entered the US and looked at my I-94, which she didn't take. She asked me if I was currently enrolled in school and if I had any evidence of that. I showed her my current visa, my enrollment verification letter and the term I am currently enrolled in. She asked for my high school diploma and asked me if I was employed. She then moved on to the I-485 form where she verified all the information on it and all the yes/no questions. Finally, she asked whether I paid the $330 fee, said that my case was approved and that she would request the package from KCC today. Very laid back interview, no details. It was very quick, it only lasted 15 minutes.

Nice! Congratulations.