• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

The different dates is a minor error, both should have been scheduled for the same day. Regardless, you can both either go on the 19th or 20th, or even attempt a walk-in prior to either of those dates.
Thank you Sm1smom for the reply

Stop stressing over minor details such as this. Go with the diploma 'as is', as long as your name matches what is on the selectee letter, your passport, birth certificate, and any other govenrment ID you plan on using, you should be fine. The middle name can easily be explained just like you did here if an IO notices or raises an issue about it.

Thank you Mom, will follow you advice. Again thank you,

Hi again Mom

I don't mean to patronize the thread so apologies everyone, for the Tax Returns transcripts should I include the 1040 EZ forms or just the EFILE/Turbo Tax receipts conforming federal & state tax submission. I feel 1040 files include too many pages and personal information so I'm not sure...

Hi again Mom

I don't mean to patronize the thread so apologies everyone, for the Tax Returns transcripts should I include the 1040 EZ forms or just the EFILE/Turbo Tax receipts conforming federal & state tax submission. I feel 1040 files include too many pages and personal information so I'm not sure...
We just sent tax transcripts ordered from IRS website.

Thank you Neshate, IRS website doesn't recognize my address for some reason and the 1 800 number never gets answered :s. So i'm a bit stuck
Seems strange. Have you moved recently? Did you check the spelling carefully? In that case, I guess the receipt should be fine. You can take 1040 form to the interview with yourself later.

Well the link in the Google Document was not getting me anywhere. I kept on entering my older address and nothing. The same with the self-help phone line.
During the call they mentioned another web address, which is this one : http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript (I believe this is different form the link in the GD, perhaps we need also to include this link for future reference if people face the same challenges I was facing).

I followed the steps and was able to get everything in the next 5 minutes. Thank you neshate for checking and good luck to you in your journey.

Well the link in the Google Document was not getting me anywhere. I kept on entering my older address and nothing. The same with the self-help phone line.
During the call they mentioned another web address, which is this one : http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript (I believe this is different form the link in the GD, perhaps we need also to include this link for future reference if people face the same challenges I was facing).

I followed the steps and was able to get everything in the next 5 minutes. Thank you neshate for checking and good luck to you in your journey.
Thanks Urbanite. Good luck to you too.

:) yeah, a bit unusual, but nothing those FOs do surprises me anymore :rolleyes:. It's normal for a single IL to be sent, but they usually list out all the names on that single letter. I guess who ever sent out your letter was too lazy to include the other names. Don't worry about it though, just show up for your interview with all your derivatives.
I'm pretty sure we had two letters for what it's worth.

guys one more question, for all of you who went through AOS, how many bank statements should one include in the package. Should all of the pages of the bank statement be included or just the first one ?

Last edited:
guys one more question, for all of you who went through AOS, how many bank statements should one include in the package. Should all of the pages of the bank statement be included or just the first one ?
One should suffice. The first page which shows your balance should be fine (I guess). Where is your FO?

Hi Neshate, thank you again. NY is my field office. My number is current in August so it's going to be quite an emotional roller coaster but I want to be prepared on my end.

I read you went though the process fine :) , did you include just the first page ?

Hi Neshate, thank you again. NY is my field office. My number is current in August so it's going to be quite an emotional roller coaster but I want to be prepared on my end.

I read you went though the process fine :) , did you include just the first page ?
Yes, we put only the first page. I do not think the pay attention to these details but to be on the safe side take everything to interview.

Two more questions from me:

When is the earliest that I can send my AOS file to Chicago Lockbox ?
Should I include any cover letter?
Regarding the Advance Filing memo, should I highlight anything in that document ?

Two more questions from me:

When is the earliest that I can send my AOS file to Chicago Lockbox ?
Should I include any cover letter?
Regarding the Advance Filing memo, should I highlight anything in that document ?
I guess according to the new memo you can send your package as soon as you saw you number is current. You would better to send a copy of the memo ( you can find the link in one of the previous pages), if you do not want to wait at alease by the beginnig of July.
Cover letter is not necessary.