• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Hi guys,

I have a problem with ordering my tax transcripts. When I try to create an account, it says that your info doesn't match our record. I also tried calling the automatic number they have given on IRS website. But when I enter my SSN and confirm that it is correct it apologizes ans says that my request cannot be processed! I guess my other option is to fill out and mail the 4506-T form to IRS. Do you have any idea how long it takes? I am in a rush to send my AOS package. Any other suggestion you guys might have?

Thanks,
Mammad

Hi Mammad,

Don't hold your package for the IRS transcripts. Make sure to send your package as soon as possible. In the meantime work on resolving the issue with the IRS. You can take the transcripts to the interview.

Guys and gals , just to confirm, the $1070 filing fee should be made payable to United States- Department of Homeland Security.

Also is this the correct address where the AOS package should be mailed ?

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Thank you

Guys and gals , just to confirm, the $1070 filing fee should be made payable to United States- Department of Homeland Security.

Also is this the correct address where the AOS package should be mailed ?

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Thank you

1. U.S. Department of Homeland Security

2. Yes, for courier delivery

Hi all!
We received our GC today. I am all relieved now. It took almost 5 months for the St. Paul FO to process our case.
Thank you all for all the valuable comments.

Especial thanks to MOM! and Aria!
You guys are the best!

Congratulations! Glad ot have been of help.

Hi everyone,
My case number is AS 16xxx. The bulletin for August is out and the cut off number is 12700 only... September would be my last chance. I really don't know if I would have enough time to get an interview.... It's driving me nuts!!! :(
Does anyone know how long it would take from applying AOS to getting the interview? I'm on working visa and live in Los Angeles right now.
If there is anyone with experience, please help~~~ Thank you!!!

Hi all!
We received our GC today. I am all relieved now. It took almost 5 months for the St. Paul FO to process our case.

You guys are the best!
Congrats! So the FO came to its senses at last. :)

Hi everyone,
My case number is AS 16xxx. The bulletin for August is out and the cut off number is 12700 only... September would be my last chance. I really don't know if I would have enough time to get an interview.... It's driving me nuts!!! :(
Does anyone know how long it would take from applying AOS to getting the interview? I'm on working visa and live in Los Angeles right now.
If there is anyone with experience, please help~~~ Thank you!!!
Is doing CP an option? The major concern is whether you'll become current. Other than that, I think you'll have enough time to finish the race.

Hi everyone~
My case number is AS 16xxx. The bulletin for August is out and the cut off number is only 12700... I really don't know if I would have enough time to get an interview. I'm on working visa and live in Los Angeles right now. Is there anyone with experience that can help me??? Thank you!!!

Is doing CP an option? The major concern is whether you'll become current. Other than that, I think you'll have enough time to finish the race.

The window for people to switch to CP is closing fast. If someone was on aos path and now switches to CP they need to fill in the 122 and 230 forms. Once KCC receive those, they take some time to process them. So far that processing has taken around 4 weeks (sometimes longer). So if someone sent their forms today, they would not be processed until mid July. By that time, KCC will already be setting up interviews for September, so the person will be scheduled after the September appointments - risky. So, the window is closing fast...

Hi everyone~
My case number is AS 16xxx. The bulletin for August is out and the cut off number is only 12700... I really don't know if I would have enough time to get an interview. I'm on working visa and live in Los Angeles right now. Is there anyone with experience that can help me??? Thank you!!!

In the very first post of this thread there is a link to a spreadsheet that has (amongst other things) some links to timeline spreadsheets for various years. You can find other experiences for the FO in your area. You are able to file early (as soon as the VB shows you are current if that happens (about 4 weeks from now). Then you will have to hope/pray and push to get your interviews done in time. People have done that before. This year will be a bit tougher because the visas may run out before the end of the year - so be prepared to push!

Good luck!

Agreed.

However they normally put an extra push towards the end of the fiscal year to make sure all the visa numbers are used. If there are left over visa numbers it'll look bad on them.

Agreed.

However they normally put an extra push towards the end of the fiscal year to make sure all the visa numbers are used. If there are left over visa numbers it'll look bad on them.

It's not looking like they will have any problem using up all the visa numbers this year. They may not need to "push" at all.

Ok, here is my update - to all and specially people from Detroit: WE ALL CAN DO IT! :)
Yesterday we had our interview in Detroit office. We came and it was only us in the room. I told my husband: we are VIP's ;), but I guess I was trying to cheer us up - it was kind of nervous situation.
Nobody just us, the guard said why we are here and then she said she will call for somebody. After 20 min the lady came out and invite us to her room
We wanted to sit down, but she said: no no, first raise your hand and swear that you will say truth. Then she asked me for passports and said that she will ask some question about past and now- of course ladies first
emoji_1F603.png
She asked me all the questions on form I 495 and g325. Same with my husband. It took about 20 minutes for both of us. Then she said that she needs to check something with the state. Then she took off our I94, and said your card will come up to 30 day, remember always keep your card with you, if you don't have current employment authorization you will not need it anymore. She walked us to the door and finally gave us a big smile: good luck :) She was very professional the whole time and I love it about her. No short talking or anything:)1.5 h later our status changed to: card production ordered, so generally speaking we are positively exited. Hopefully things will go smooth.

Just want to share my case status so far:

I-485: Acceptance
I-765: Initial review
I-131: Initial review

I walked in for Biometrics early May and so far I am still waiting for the IL.
Track record for Boston is pretty odd. Long awaits last years and pretty fast and smooth processes until April. Now it seems they are taking long to process current AoS.

I guess I will request an Infopass, but I don't know how much it could be useful.

Ok, here is my update - to all and specially people from Detroit: WE ALL CAN DO IT! :)
Yesterday we had our interview in Detroit office. We came and it was only us in the room. I told my husband: we are VIP's ;), but I guess I was trying to cheer us up - it was kind of nervous situation.
Nobody just us, the guard said why we are here and then she said she will call for somebody. After 20 min the lady came out and invite us to her room
We wanted to sit down, but she said: no no, first raise your hand and swear that you will say truth. Then she asked me for passports and said that she will ask some question about past and now- of course ladies first
emoji_1F603.png
She asked me all the questions on form I 495 and g325. Same with my husband. It took about 20 minutes for both of us. Then she said that she needs to check something with the state. Then she took off our I94, and said your card will come up to 30 day, remember always keep your card with you, if you don't have current employment authorization you will not need it anymore. She walked us to the door and finally gave us a big smile: good luck :) She was very professional the whole time and I love it about her. No short talking or anything:)1.5 h later our status changed to: card production ordered, so generally speaking we are positively exited. Hopefully things will go smooth.

Awesome!

Hi all!

You guys are the best!

Congratulations dude :) Enjoy it :)

Hello,

An update on my case.

I did biometrics in early April. My EAD was approved in mid May.

But still no letter from NY office regarding an interview.

I know someone else from the NY area who did her biometrics in December and still no interview. And from the timeline I don't see anyone from the NY area who has had an interview.

What should we do? Reach out to congress person. There's only 3 months left. Time is running out. I know that even after receiving the letter there's another wait of at least a few weeks to a month. Is it possible they are grouping all the NY DV AOS cases together and interviewing us all at the same time? It just seems like nothing is happening in that regard, like we are being treated like all other AOS cases and being made to wait like the rest -any they are taking something like 9 months to process regular AOS cases.

Hi everyone,

I won the 2014 Green Card lottery. Number OC00000XXX. I filed in October, completed biometrics on 11/21, received my Employment authorization on 12/22 and since then have heard nothing. I am adjusting status from a J1 visa (without the two year rule) at the New York field office. Does anyone have any idea why this might be - my case is straightforward and complete, I had a lawyer check over it. I went to an infopass appointment and they couldn't tell me anything except that my application was in the building.

Any ideas for how to get this moving would be much appreciated - September 30 is getting close!

It seems the NY office is a major problem. I have encountered the same issue. Any updates for you? I think it's time we contacted the office of Senator Kirsten Gillibrand. Maybe if more than one of us does that it will help. She has a specific link on her webiste for people seeking help with their immigration case: http://www.gillibrand.senate.gov/services/casework/form/