• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2013 Under Administrative Processing

Dear all,

I would like to tell you that I got finally an Email from the Embassy to drop my passport, and they mentioned the following:
"You may drop the passports at the reception – window 2 - of the US Embassy. There is no need to come inside the Embassy compound. You must bring a copy of this e-mail with you to the reception (window 2), who will give you a sticker to collect your passport later from the Embassy.
Your case will be reviewed again and if everything is fine, you will be contacted to collect the passports with the visa packages in 4 weeks approximately.You are advised not to make any final arrangement for departure until the visa has been issued to you."

So I was wondering because they still say that they will review my case and if everything is fine I have to wait 4 weeks more !

Gabam or anybod else, Did you get a similar Email ? What do they mean by their Email ??
Please Don't guess an answer, if you really know the answer reply, otherwise do not.
Thanks.
Congrats bro, it is the good news that you had been waiting for. Your AP is over my friend, they have asked you for your passport. And I didn't receive any emails from the embassy, the embassy called me and asked me for my passport. Best of luck!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Gabam,

Is your Visa status on CEAC website changed from AP to Ready ?? Did you call the US Department and ask about your case status and they said something else than AP ?? Please provide me with this information.
I had a feeling that they just asked for the passport to be with them, and my case is still under AP. so when they finish reviewing it and everything is ok, they will put the Visa on it. But still I think the status is the same for me.

Dear Gabam,

Is your Visa status on CEAC website changed from AP to Ready ?? Did you call the US Department and ask about your case status and they said something else than AP ?? Please provide me with this information.
I had a feeling that they just asked for the passport to be with them, and my case is still under AP. so when they finish reviewing it and everything is ok, they will put the Visa on it. But still I think the status is the same for me.

Bro, my status still shows Administrative Processing. And I was totally wrong, "Ready" means that your case is ready for interview, and doesn't mean anything else. After they receive your passport, it still shows "Administrative Processing", and after they stamp the visa on your passport, the status changes to "Issued". I called the DOS, and they said that the embassy has received my passport, and they are working on my case, and my case is still under Administrative Processing. Don't worry, asking for the passport means that they want to issue the visa on it, so no worries at all brother. You and me are going through the same procedure, let's be hopeful and pray to the Almighty. Everything will be all right in a couple of weeks by God's grace.

Bro, my status still shows Administrative Processing. And I was totally wrong, "Ready" means that your case is ready for interview, and doesn't mean anything else. After they receive your passport, it still shows "Administrative Processing", and after they stamp the visa on your passport, the status changes to "Issued". I called the DOS, and they said that the embassy has received my passport, and they are working on my case, and my case is still under Administrative Processing. Don't worry, asking for the passport means that they want to issue the visa on it, so no worries at all brother. You and me are going through the same procedure, let's be hopeful and pray to the Almighty. Everything will be all right in a couple of weeks by God's grace.
I just called them and they said that my case is still pending under Administrative Processing and they are still working in my case, so the only new thing that they asked for my passport to drop it at the Embassy as they requested the same thing with All other AP guys so they have the passports ready with them IN CASE they finalize our cases as Complete and no issue, then we will have our Visa printed. But I am wondering why did they say "In Four Weeks Approximately" ??? We only have two weeks left to 30 Sep 2013.

I just called them and they said that my case is still pending under Administrative Processing and they are still working in my case, so the only new thing that they asked for my passport to drop it at the Embassy as they requested the same thing with All other AP guys so they have the passports ready with them IN CASE they finalize our cases as Complete and no issue, then we will have our Visa printed. But I am wondering why did they say "In Four Weeks Approximately" ??? We only have two weeks left to 30 Sep 2013.

Don't worry, you'll get it. Your case is obviously done with the hard and lengthy part that's done in DC, and they will stamp your visa before the 30th. The stuff they said and the 4 weeks they quote you are standard things that they just say. You will get it, I bet you :)

Don't worry bro, I also got the same answer. "Your case is pending Administrative Processing, they have received your passport, and they are working on your case." And bro, I just got another status update, it really means they are working on my case. Let's hope and pray to the Almighty that we hear the good news very soon by God's grace.

What does this mean, its an important notice on the Embassy Website (Underlined sentence).

Please note that DV2013 ends on September 30, 2013. Thereafter we will not process any DV2013 cases since the program will have ended. The petition based cases for immigrant visa will be valid and ongoing.

What does this mean, its an important notice on the Embassy Website (Underlined sentence).

Please note that DV2013 ends on September 30, 2013. Thereafter we will not process any DV2013 cases since the program will have ended. The petition based cases for immigrant visa will be valid and ongoing.

It means that petition-less immigrant DV visas won't be processed after 30th September, while immigrant petition-based cases will continue, e.g. spouse cases, employment cases etc.

It means that petition-less immigrant DV visas won't be processed after 30th September, while immigrant petition-based cases will continue, e.g. spouse cases, employment cases etc.

Thanks Gabam.
The embassy emailed me last friday to send them my siblings names, i sent but i did not understand why, do you have an idea?

Thanks Gabam.
The embassy emailed me last friday to send them my siblings names, i sent but i did not understand why, do you have an idea?

Why would the embassy show interest in your siblings' name in case of a DV lottery visa? No idea dear, I can't say anything, sorry!!!!

salam alikum dearest Gabam , Mak and all forum mates
I really became worry ..in last week they called to submit one original document ....their email "" Your case has been kept for administrative processing. In order to expedite your case we request you to immediately submit the following document to the nearest OFC center.""
till right now I didn't receive any calling from them only my case got update for three times !!! ur comment or opinion !!!

thanks

I woke up early enough to avoid any any small mistakes. I arrived at the Embassy 5.40am. My appointment was 6.30 am. Surprisingly, I got about 12 people already waiting at the gate! BY 6 am, we underwent security check after presenting passport and NL. Got inside, Produced the passport and NL again for some register to be marked. We then waited for like 10 minutes then went into a room where all electronics and other metalic things were left. Afterwards, I was given some number and went to the very cold outside to wait for my number to be called. While idle, I interacted with others and I got that many don't know about this forum or are not even computer literate. One said he only reads but never posts anything. After like an hour, my number was called to window 5. here, I gate my passport, NL, KCSE cert and copy, birth cert and copy, police clearance cert, degree cert and copy. was asked some random quizes by some Kenyan lady like...ever married, ever been convicted in court, any children, etc. Here, I saw the confidential results that were sent by KNEC my last passport photo was returned to me and I was aked to give one cope of the current passport photo. She then directed me to pay the interview fee. I paid, went to the cold outside again, sat and waited for another like 2 hours. My number was called again to window 8. I met some American Lady who spoke very fluent Ekegusii! I even wondered if my grandmother knows more Ekegusii than her! Here my fingerprints were taken then I went to the freezing outside again. Waited like 1 hour then my name was called. I didnt even know that I was now going to face the CO.
I didnt know that the interview with the CO is done from a window! I was welcomed by some American lady that is all smiles.
CO: raise your right hand and swear that you will say the truth.
ME: (I did)
CO: Sign here.
ME (I did)
CO: are you married
Me: No
CO: any children:
ME: none
CO: what do you do
ME: ( I responded)
CO: Do you know anybody in US
ME: yes, a relative
CO: where does he stay
ME : (I responded)
CO: Tell your host to wait for you
ME: Thank you mam
CO: I grant you the visa. (She handed me the green form and some form with alien numbser already written* seems like my visa was given before I even faced the CO)
ME: Thank you very much mam
CO: You can now go for lunch
ME. Thank you. By the way, Why didn't they take 2 passport photos from me?
CO: (I didnt hear what she said) just bring the other one.
ME: (I gave her)
ME: I want to change my host
CO: No problem, you will d that later
me: Thank you.

THATS ALL

My question:
All my original education docs, birth cert etc remained there. IS that how it is supposed to be?

my status on https://ceac.state.gov/ changed immediately to
Issued
Immigrant Visa Case Number: 2013AF88***
Case Creation Date: 24-Oct-2011
Status Updated Date: 17-Sep-2013

Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted.

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

Issued

Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted.

Congratulations enoo!! We are really happy for you and for all the others in this forum, Wish you all to have your Visas soon.
All the best and don't disappear :) Just keep in touch and share with us any information regarding your US Journey.

Issued

Congrats enoo :)
wish you all the best

Hi All,

Got my stamped passport today.

@alkamaly..... visa vaild only for 2 months and the passports were delivered to my house.(I payed the extra 300 amount)

Thanks
Mak