• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2013 Under Administrative Processing

So, it means that they must issue the visas before 30th September 2013. It is an obligation on them to complete the process and issue the visas. There is not other option for them, they must issue the visas before 30th September, no matter what

I don't agree it is an obligation on the Embassy. What it means is that if the visa is going to be issued it must be done before Sept 30th. It is possible that time expires and the entrant loses out - but the embassy would not be automatically held accountable for that in any way.

I don't agree it is an obligation on the Embassy. What it means is that if the visa is going to be issued it must be done before Sept 30th. It is possible that time expires and the entrant loses out - but the embassy would not be automatically held accountable for that in any way.

But bro, I have never heard of any DV selectee losing the visa because of the 30th September deadline. I even asked the DOS person once about this. I asked him whether they give priority to DV AP's against other AP's. And the he said clearly that, yes, they definitely give more priority to DV cases and try as much as possible to finish them before 30th September.
Personally I have seen on many forums where people are going through AP of even two years. During that time, even their forms expire, and they are asked to send new updated forms. But all those long AP's are for other visa categories, and not DV category. I am 100% sure DV categories get much higher priority than other categories.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really feel what u are feeling bro, i had this experience for two weeks but it all gone good after that, keep faith, they will call net week to come pick up ur pass

I really feel what u are feeling bro, i had this experience for two weeks but it all gone good after that, keep faith, they will call net week to come pick up ur pass

Thanks dear for showing up on this thread, and keep us motivated.

Hey guys, I have just received a status update. This is the first status update after they called me and confirmed that they have received my passport. So, what do you think guys??????????????????

Let me ask this question for the last time. I really need as many responses as possible esp from those who had similar instances.
1. We know that some districts in Kenya have more than one name,some have been added, some removed etc example, Gucha/South Kisii, Elgeyo/Marakwet, Lugari/Malava, Nyamira/North Kisii. Because of those alternative names, your birth certificate may have your place of birth as Lugari while your passport has Malava as the place of birth (the two names refer to the same district) Is there any problem/does the Embassy know that?
2. some of us were born in the village which is in some district. Which one are we supposed to use as the place of birth in the passport? is it the village name, district name?

I hope you get answers from Kenyan winners, but also I think you should ask the CO about it at the beginning of your interview so he could make any required changes in your details if needed. Good luck!

But bro, I have never heard of any DV selectee losing the visa because of the 30th September deadline. I even asked the DOS person once about this. I asked him whether they give priority to DV AP's against other AP's. And the he said clearly that, yes, they definitely give more priority to DV cases and try as much as possible to finish them before 30th September.
Personally I have seen on many forums where people are going through AP of even two years. During that time, even their forms expire, and they are asked to send new updated forms. But all those long AP's are for other visa categories, and not DV category. I am 100% sure DV categories get much higher priority than other categories.

There was a case mentioned in one of the AOS threads in which USCIS scheduled the interview for some time in October (of the next fiscal year). The person assumed that USCIS knew what they were doing and didn't raise the issue. Needless to say, he lost the visa!

There was a case mentioned in one of the AOS threads in which USCIS scheduled the interview for some time in October (of the next fiscal year). The person assumed that USCIS knew what they were doing and didn't raise the issue. Needless to say, he lost the visa!

Yeah exactly. IF the consul understand the rules, they will do what they can to finish the process by 30th September, BUT if they screw up or the case does not finish, then it is game over and the Embassy is not obliged to do anything about it. 30th September is a hard stop for DV cases and people have lost out. Let's face it - some of the stories where the visa is issued on the last day - those stories were darn close to being a very sad story. It only takes some security scare on 27th September that closes the embassies and that would be it!

Yeah exactly. IF the consul understand the rules, they will do what they can to finish the process by 30th September, BUT if they screw up or the case does not finish, then it is game over and the Embassy is not obliged to do anything about it. 30th September is a hard stop for DV cases and people have lost out. Let's face it - some of the stories where the visa is issued on the last day - those stories were darn close to being a very sad story. It only takes some security scare on 27th September that closes the embassies and that would be it!

Well, unfortunate things and exceptions can occur. Closing of the embassy due to floods, security issues, natural disasters, death of the applicant etc etc etc. All these things can occur. But, under normal circumstances, they definitely try their best to finish all the cases before 30th September. I can give you several instances, and I personal know a couple of DV winners, who got their visas stamped on 30th September. Read the DV-2012 Administrative Processing thread on this forum, there was a guy who got his visa issued on 30th September, and received his passport well into the first week of October 2012. But the embassies try to leave an escape route for themselves, so that in case they fail to issue the visa, no one would be able to take them to the court of law. But, 99% chances are that visas do get issued before 30th September. But I hope that 1% doesn't happen to any unlucky applicant. My well wishes to everybody!!!

Well, unfortunate things and exceptions can occur. Closing of the embassy due to floods, security issues, natural disasters, death of the applicant etc etc etc. All these things can occur. But, under normal circumstances, they definitely try their best to finish all the cases before 30th September. I can give you several instances, and I personal know a couple of DV winners, who got their visas stamped on 30th September. Read the DV-2012 Administrative Processing thread on this forum, there was a guy who got his visa issued on 30th September, and received his passport well into the first week of October 2012. But the embassies try to leave an escape route for themselves, so that in case they fail to issue the visa, no one would be able to take them to the court of law. But, 99% chances are that visas do get issued before 30th September. But I hope that 1% doesn't happen to any unlucky applicant. My well wishes to everybody!!!

That 1% would be too horrible. However, here is a thought. In countries where AP is common, an applicant with a high number that gets an interview in September really has almost no hope. Presumably they are doing "required" checks during AP which must take some time. Those checks probably shouldn't take 3 months plus but let's say they take 4 weeks minimum. If you interview mid September and get put on AP, then that is game over. No way to get it done before September 30th. That is horrible.

That 1% would be too horrible. However, here is a thought. In countries where AP is common, an applicant with a high number that gets an interview in September really has almost no hope. Presumably they are doing "required" checks during AP which must take some time. Those checks probably shouldn't take 3 months plus but let's say they take 4 weeks minimum. If you interview mid September and get put on AP, then that is game over. No way to get it done before September 30th. That is horrible.
Well bro, I believe if they would want to do those checks on a very high priority, they can get it done in just one day!!!!!! Do you think that they have been working on my case for the last 6 months, no way!!!!!!!!!! I believe they have been postponing me to give way to other high priority cases. And my experiences says so, because there was a guy with case number 2013AS106** who got visa two weeks ago, although he must have had his interview at least 3 months after me, at the same US Embassy. Since his case had less time, so they gave more priority to him against me. And I personally believe that they would go with high priority check if an applicant faces AP on say 20th September. Giving that no unfortunate things happen, that applicant will surely get his/her visa.

I don't think anybody can take the DOS to court for not issuing a visa, whether it be DV or not DV.

Actually, a US visa is not even what most people think it is. It is NOT permission to enter and stay in the US. It is just a permission so you can be considered for entry at the border. The actual decision of letting you in is made at the port of entry, even in the case of immigration visa. The DOS does not have the ultimate say in who can enter the country. It is the US Customs and Border Protection that has the ultimate say and permits you to enter. Even with a visa in hand, the US CBP can refuse you entry.

Well bro, I believe if they would want to do those checks on a very high priority, they can get it done in just one day!!!!!! Do you think that they have been working on my case for the last 6 months, no way!!!!!!!!!! I believe they have been postponing me to give way to other high priority cases. And my experiences says so, because there was a guy with case number 2013AS106** who got visa two weeks ago, although he must have had his interview at least 3 months after me, at the same US Embassy. Since his case had less time, so they gave more priority to him against me. And I personally believe that they would go with high priority check if an applicant faces AP on say 20th September. Giving that no unfortunate things happen, that applicant will surely get his/her visa.

I can imagine that the DOS would like to give higher priority to DV cases, and I think they might be doing this, but there are things that are just out of their hand. Some levels of security check are only available to certain offices. Depending on the level of potential threat, the person might be ran through multiple databases. Communication between these offices takes time. Some of those offices may have no clue as to what DV is or what its rules are. And the DOS does not have unlimited leverage over these other offices as powerful as the FBI.

You are a very positive and optimistic person. Nothing wrong with that!

Hi All,

Alhumdullilah...my status got changed from AP to Issued
3rd-Sept--Got a call... AP is completed and asked to send the Passport(but forgot the mail)
6th Sept -Received email for the same..mailed the Passports to consulate.
14th Sept--Status changed to Issue.
Now....Waiting for the passport.
InshAllah all the guys in AP will receive the call soon.

Thanks
MAK

Hi All,

3rd-Sept--Got a call... AP is completed and asked to send the Passport(but forgot the mail)

Thanks
MAK
Congrats dear!!!

Hi All,

Thanks
MAK

It was with great pleasure that I was thrilled to read Mak's visa issued ...I would like to thank Allah Subhehi wa Tala and would like to give our dearest Mak trillion congradulations ....Alhamdulillah ya Rabi ...also if u knows Arabic I will congradulate again in Arabic because English,Hindi and Telg. words are not enough hhhhhh ....today Mak gave me ton assure ...again congradulation my beloved Mak and I hope happy journy to US with ur family ...

with my kindest regards