• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2013 Under Administrative Processing

Give it till mid next week since the embassy will probably close for the weekend and there must be other passports too that they are stamping in order. Your status will change to issued by mid next week at latest, I'm sure.

The Embassy called me yesterday and asked me to send them my passport. I told him that I had already sent it a week ago. So, he called me after five minutes and confirmed that they have the passport with them. All this happened yesterday, and I am really feeling strange that I didn't get a status update today.

Hey gabam, don't sweat it too much my friend. It's time to talk about your plans :) Have you put all your ducks in a row already? A specific date you'll be flying to the US? Ticket? Where you're going to stay? I'm telling you, your first month in the US will be ridiculously euphoric. Get ready to be high all the time. It'll be like the best vacation of your life.

Well, until you realize that you will have to work your butt off to secure that first job :) enjoy the ride regardless!

Hey gabam, don't sweat it too much my friend. It's time to talk about your plans :) Have you put all your ducks in a row already? A specific date you'll be flying to the US? Ticket? Where you're going to stay? I'm telling you, your first month in the US will be ridiculously euphoric. Get ready to be high all the time. It'll be like the best vacation of your life.

Well, until you realize that you will have to work your butt off to secure that first job :) enjoy the ride regardless!
Thanks for giving me hopes my friend. I myself can't wait to give you guys the ultimate good news of visa on my passport.

Yup. I have had this childhood dream to visit Hollywood and Statue of Liberty and take a photo standing infront of them. I pray and hope that this dream of mine comes true.

Both great experiences. I think they are on everybody's to-do list. I already have the photo with the Hollywood sign in the background, and am blessed to have the view of the statue of liberty from my apartment :)

If you consider this as your final destination, think twice. That are two of the most expensive place in the entire nation.

Expensive, I admit that. But, they also provide more job opportunities. Moreover, they are simply fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Expenses are not everything. California and New York (NYC mainly) are one of the most immigrant-friendly places in the nation, which sadly enough you cannot assume to be the attitude everywhere in the US. I lived in the South for 6 years. You can feel the difference in how people receive immigrants (specifically non-European immigrants). I'm not suggesting that people are racist or anything, the reason can simply be that some people are not used to immigrants.

Expensive, I admit that. But, they also provide more job opportunities. Moreover, they are simply fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are job opportunities, right but you better get a really high paid job. $2K are easily gone for rent if you want to live anywhere close to NYC and want to have a decent place.

There are job opportunities, right but you better get a really high paid job. $2K are easily gone for rent if you want to live anywhere close to NYC and want to have a decent place.

I am a single guy, so I believe I will manage everything by God's grace.

Expenses are not everything. California and New York (NYC mainly) are one of the most immigrant-friendly places in the nation, which sadly enough you cannot assume to be the attitude everywhere in the US. I lived in the South for 6 years. You can feel the difference in how people receive immigrants (specifically non-European immigrants). I'm not suggesting that people are racist or anything, the reason can simply be that some people are not used to immigrants.

Yeah there is a lot to be said for that. Immigrants are better off going to areas where they can find work. If you turn up in an area with high unemployment you are just one more "reason" the locals think they don't have a job (even if, as often happens they won't take the job you would take). So, Find a big cosmopolitan city. Sure it will be more expensive but opportunity and wages will be higher to match.

Yeah there is a lot to be said for that. Immigrants are better off going to areas where they can find work. If you turn up in an area with high unemployment you are just one more "reason" the locals think they don't have a job (even if, as often happens they won't take the job you would take). So, Find a big cosmopolitan city. Sure it will be more expensive but opportunity and wages will be higher to match.

Well put.

And let me add this:
... (even if, as often happens they won't take the job you would take or are not as highly skilled to do your job)

:)

Gabam,

There's nothing wrong with living in either NY or CA if either of those is your final destination. Yes, they are expensive States, but like you rightly pointed out, they also offer a lot more opportunities.

The mistake a lot of people make is that you have to live in one of the highly talked about 'glamorous' cities in those States. There are lots and lots of nearby cities where a new immigrant can settle in those States and not quite feel the financial pinch, those nearby cities either have opportunities or easy access to to the bigger cities.

Good luck!

There are a lot more job opportunities but there is also a lot more competition. I won't regret the last 5 years, they were great but I'm happy to back in the near future and come back later.

DV 2015 Program: Online registration for the DV 2015 Program will begin on Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), and conclude on Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4). See the Diversity Visa Program Instructions webpage for the DV 2015 Instructions and any available translations.

DV 2014 Program: DV-2014 entrants may now check the status of their entries through Entrant Status Check (ESC) on the E-DV website, through June 30, 2014. Review the Diversity Visa Program 2014 Instructions for more information.

DV 2013 Program: Entrants from DV 2013 (those who submitted entries during the registration period between October 4, 2011 and November 5, 2011) who were selected and have submitted their applications are reminded that diversity visas for DV-2013 must be issued by September 30, 2013.

Review more about Entrant Status Check and Selectee Notification below.
To view instructions for DV-2013 entrants and selectees, see Instructions for the 2013 Diversity Visa Program.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1322.html

DV 2015 Program: Online registration for the DV 2015 Program will begin on Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), and conclude on Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4). See the Diversity Visa Program Instructions webpage for the DV 2015 Instructions and any available translations.

DV 2014 Program: DV-2014 entrants may now check the status of their entries through Entrant Status Check (ESC) on the E-DV website, through June 30, 2014. Review the Diversity Visa Program 2014 Instructions for more information.

DV 2013 Program: Entrants from DV 2013 (those who submitted entries during the registration period between October 4, 2011 and November 5, 2011) who were selected and have submitted their applications are reminded that diversity visas for DV-2013 must be issued by September 30, 2013.

Review more about Entrant Status Check and Selectee Notification below.
To view instructions for DV-2013 entrants and selectees, see Instructions for the 2013 Diversity Visa Program.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1322.html

So, it means that they must issue the visas before 30th September 2013. It is an obligation on them to complete the process and issue the visas. There is not other option for them, they must issue the visas before 30th September, no matter what

So, it means that they must issue the visas before 30th September 2013. It is an obligation on them to complete the process and issue the visas. There is not other option for them, they must issue the visas before 30th September, no matter what

GM Gabam ...with me letter handed-over by consular officer after interview ..in this letter there is a pragraph said " specially true the dv lottery should be issue before 30th september or closer than that date "..........

with my kindest regards