• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Thats a good question. I was asked to remove mine (I had on a medium-sized set). You can try with some small-sized ones, they will ask you to take them off if its going to be issue.

Hi Sm1smom and Mel. I'd like to know of earrings can be worn on biometrics photos

Hi Guys!

I had my interview today in Seattle, WA. It was "REALLY" quick. The interviewer was a middle-aged nice guy. First, he asked me to raise my right hand and make oath to tell only the truth. And I answered every question(the questions from I-485) truthfully. While going through the questions he asked how common my name is in my country. After finishing the questions, he said everything looks good to him and it is easy for him to interview DV lottery winners. Also, he said the card will be produced within the next 30 days if everything looks good to him when he goes over the documents one more time. That was it... So now I am not completely relieved because I haven't received a definite answer or approval from him. I am just checking my status over and over again every 5 minuts lol. It's now Initial Review. I am still waiting.

Oh MY GOOOOD it changed to "Card Production" in just few minutes. WOOOOOOOOOWW. thank you forum guys! YOU GUYS WERE AMAZING FROM THE BEGINNING!!! Because of you everything went so smoothly. Just awesome! I am going out now whoooooooooooo!

I wish you guys the BEST LUCK. I will be checking out the forum and offer my help if I am familiar with the situation.

Thanks everyone!! I wasn't sure what to do, that's why I needed your advice.. u helped me a lot..
I'll wait until I'll become current..

I just received my interview letter yaaay!!!. Interview is 6/12/2013, wish me luck!

Hi Hawi,

First of all Congrats and good luck for your upcoming interview.
Quick question, When did you complete your bio ? And which one is your USCIS field office?

Just curious to know as i'm also waiting for my interview letter to come.

Hey guys, thanks first of all for this forum.

Our visa number has become available in March.
Our timelines are as follows:
July 2012: Mailed DSP 122 and DS 230 to KCC
July 2012: Mailed DV lottery fee to Department of State
August 2012: Medical Exam done
July 2012: Email from KCC received and DV payment receipt received
03/02/2013: AOS package sent
03/06/2013: NOA (email received)
03/21/2013: Transfer notice to Lee's Summit, MO (Benefits Center)
04/25/2013: NOA (I-797C) letters received
05/17/2013: Biometrics completed
05/24/2013: EAD/AP Cards received
We live in NY. Given our timelines, how quickly can we expect an interview? And looking at all prior posts, there appear to be a lot of people who have gone through interviews. Does anyone know how many visas have been issued and whether we still have a chance?

I also noticed that our biometrics took a lot longer than most (it seems our file moved from Chicago Lockbox -> Nebraska -> Lee's Summit MO Benefit Center). Does this mean our interview may be delayed?

If you haven't noticed, I've gotten a little paranoid about this :).

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received my interview letter yaaay!!!. Interview is 6/12/2013, wish me luck!

Have you checked the status of I-131 @ USCIS.gov? My interview was completed on 5/22/13 but decision was not made due to pending I-131. Make sure your is complete if you have applied for one...

Have you checked the status of I-131 @ USCIS.gov? My interview was completed on 5/22/13 but decision was not made due to pending I-131. Make sure your is complete if you have applied for one...
AOS,
I am very positive reading somewhere in the past year forums regarding people getting GCs before there EAD/AP. Did u check with a lawyer if case like urs can be a possibility? I can also see different officers working in different ways. You can also post ur question in avvo.com, if u haven't tried that. But if you are not running out of status in next couple of months than waiting isn't a issue. I hope things work out soon for u. Cheers!!

AOS,
I am very positive reading somewhere in the past year forums regarding people getting GCs before there EAD/AP. Did u check with a lawyer if case like urs can be a possibility? I can also see different officers working in different ways. You can also post ur question in avvo.com, if u haven't tried that. But if you are not running out of status in next couple of months than waiting isn't a issue. I hope things work out soon for u. Cheers!!

United1,

Interview Officer told me that She could not make decision because of my pending I-131, which sounds ridiculous to me. If she had made decision that day (5/22/13), I would have got GC by this time ,and I would not have needed EAD/AP...

I am on H1B till 2015. I have not contacted an lawyer hoping that my I-131 would be approved in next couple of days. I am going to wait till this Friday. After that I will have to start calling USCIS.....

If You do not need Advance parole/EAD, do not file it. It will delay your case. I just learned this from Attorney... Just FYI.... Make it simple....

If You do not need Advance parole/EAD, do not file it. It will delay your case. I just learned this from Attorney... Just FYI.... Make it simple....
Aos,
We filled AP just in case for emergency travel. We really didn't need it, but still filled it. I hope it doesn't create a big mess and delay the process.

Aos,
We filled AP just in case for emergency travel. We really didn't need it, but still filled it. I hope it doesn't create a big mess and delay the process.

I have valid H1B till 2015. I filed both for the same reason.. Now looks like it's delaying the case as the file is bounced around the different dept....

Anyone with April Priority date has interview completed???

I have valid H1B till 2015. I filed both for the same reason.. Now looks like it's delaying the case as the file is bounced around the different dept....

Anyone with April Priority date has interview completed???

I think we may be encountering the same issue. We filed early March with I-485, I-765, I-131 and our file has moved around delaying our biometrics until 5/17. But we received our EAD/AP card almost immediately after. Now awaiting for an interview.:cool:

Hey everyone, I have 2 Basic Questions:

1) What is the point of applying for EAD when we apply for a Green Card though the DV lottery, AOS? First, even if an officer feels like approving our case, he cant do so until the EAD is approved. So why an EAD? ALso, if the Green Card is approved, Cant we start working just like that anywhere in this country? The EAD wont be useful at that time right?
I might be wrong but can anyone explain when it might be useful at all?
If the green card is rejected, then even if the EAD had been approved, that EAD is not valid anymore.
If the Green card is approved, we dont need that EAD anymore to legally work.

I dont get it!!!

2) I applied for EAD through my OPT and I did NOT apply for it through my I-485 package, I also did NOT apply for I-131. But would there be a delay in approving my I-485 during the interview IF my OPT EAD is still not yet approved at that time?
Will they even be bothered about it since it has nothing to do with the I-485 package??? Pls help...

Thanks
Geoffrey.