• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Finished biometrics! :) People were nice :)

A worker had a concern with my address. Let's say I live in 123 cupcake street, and my house number is 456.
I usually write the address as 456 123 Cupcake Street..
But on the envelope and their database its written as 123 cupcake street, apt 456. (Which I don't live in an apartment, I live in a house)

I'm not sure if this is a big deal but it's making me worry. So far I didn't have any trouble receiving mails but then again I never checked the order of how they wrote my address.

Tried to fill in the AR-11 'Change of Address', but I feel kinda dumb since I'll answer:
Present address: 456, 123 Cupcake
Last address: 123 Cupcake, apt 456..

is this really a big deal? Leave it? Change it?

Don't fill out an AR-11 now and complicate subsequent delivery of your GC following a hopefully successful interview.

You can however ask the IO to confirm/update your address the way it should be when you go for your interview.

Finished biometrics! :) People were nice :)

A worker had a concern with my address. Let's say I live in 123 cupcake street, and my house number is 456.
I usually write the address as 456 123 Cupcake Street..
But on the envelope and their database its written as 123 cupcake street, apt 456. (Which I don't live in an apartment, I live in a house)

I'm not sure if this is a big deal but it's making me worry. So far I didn't have any trouble receiving mails but then again I never checked the order of how they wrote my address.

Tried to fill in the AR-11 'Change of Address', but I feel kinda dumb since I'll answer:
Present address: 456, 123 Cupcake
Last address: 123 Cupcake, apt 456..

is this really a big deal? Leave it? Change it?

Done with Bio. Most of us for May sent out our applications at the same time. Now it will be interesting to see the flow of interview letters for different field offices.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have already completed my intend view, but decision was not made due to pending I-131. I am sure it is still in the process of background check.
I-485/I-131 files on 4/2/13 (Case # DV2013AS000056**)

Has anyone with 4/1/13 as priority date or case # 5700 or greater been approved for I-485/I-131? I understand USCIS says 90 days for this, but have seen approved earlier too. I am concerned that due to high number of applications and vacation load, if the cases is going to be delayed.....

Don't fill out an AR-11 now and complicate subsequent delivery of your GC following a hopefully successful interview.

You can however ask the IO to confirm/update your address the way it should be when you go for your interview.

Hey mom! :)
Thanks :) I was just worried if the postman would be picky with the way and order addresses are written.
Hopefully it's all good ^^

A question about G325-a and I-485, in occupation and employment part, if we were just student, should we write it down?for example I was student in my country,should I write it?what should we enter for the gaps that we are not student or working, for example between master and PhD?
should my wife enter " housewife" for the times before she started school?should we cover the whole five years even we are not employed or student?
Another question, in I-485, part 1, asks for expiration of status, I know we should write D/S according to I-94 but electronic form accepts only dates, what should we do?should we write D/S with pen and enter the date on I-20?
Thanks,

Done with Bio. Most of us for May sent out our applications at the same time. Now it will be interesting to see the flow of interview letters for different field offices.

I am with you, United1. I am curious the interview status of folks who became current in April. In the spread sheet, most of them haven't received interview letters yet. Are they still waiting (if so, we may not receive the letter at least until the end of June), or they just forgot to update the status? :confused:

Hi!

I've decided to send the package this month (June) although I'll be current on July.
My concern is this: say my application isn't accepted, and I won't get the package back by June 30th. I have copies of all the documents except I-693 in sealed envelope.
Does anyone know if I can ask another copy from the clinic without another payment?
What would you recommend me to do? do you think I should wait to be current because of that?
Thanks!

Hi!

I've decided to send the package this month (June) although I'll be current on July.
My concern is this: say my application isn't accepted, and I won't get the package back by June 30th. I have copies of all the documents except I-693 in sealed envelope.
Does anyone know if I can ask another copy from the clinic without another payment?
What would you recommend me to do? do you think I should wait to be current because of that?
Thanks!
I dont think so any1 is going to recommend you to send ur packet early. Just curious, why would you like to send in early while knowing that it is going to come back?

Hey everyone, its me again :) hope ya'll are doing well (What would i do without you guys :p) . So this is the problem, i see everyone has included their high school diploma and transcript. In my case, back home we dont get diploma for high school, they only give us diploma for 3 years program. Our high school program is only 2 years. However, we do have transcripts and provisional certificate (also called character certificate which says i passed with good character and stuff). Do i really need to include diploma? does it matter? What do you guys think?

help please guys
A question about G325-a and I-485, in occupation and employment part, if we were just student, should we write it down?for example I was student in my country,should I write it?what should we enter for the gaps that we are not student or working, for example between master and PhD?
should my wife enter " housewife" for the times before she started school?should we cover the whole five years even we are not employed or student?
Another question, in I-485, part 1, asks for expiration of status, I know we should write D/S according to I-94 but electronic form accepts only dates, what should we do?should we write D/S with pen and enter the date on I-20?
Thanks,

Did your Husband's bio letter issue clear out?
Hey sunster,
Thanks for checking. Nope nothing showed up for biometrics. Will put a service request on Monday as the min 30 day waiting requirement will be over. Our lawyer said, he had bio in October and that might be the reason. So lets see what happens. Fingers crossed.

I just saw several cases from 2011 that sent their packages earlier and it didn't come back..and one case in this year but don't know if he didn't get it back..
I'm doing so because I'm afraid that I won't have enough time to finish the process until 9/30..

I just saw several cases from 2011 that sent their packages earlier and it didn't come back..and one case in this year but don't know if he didn't get it back..
I'm doing so because I'm afraid that I won't have enough time to finish the process until 9/30..
I havnt seen a single person in this forum nt getting their card in the specified time. Theres no point in sending papers early. If you have extra time and money, than you can go ahead :)

Hi!

Thanks!

Bad idea. Overnight a day before you become current.

Don't mess around with an opportunity of a life time.

help please guys
Thanks,

Don't sweat it refigh. It's not a big deal.

She can leave it blank, or put "Stay at home" for the occupation. For the gaps between occupations, just leave it blank. They can tell from the dates. "Student" is an occupation.