• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

I have heard wait stories of Boston. One of our relative had to wait more than 2 months fr interview. but every1s case and luck is not same. I hope ur case moves really fast. Cheers!!

Is there anything I can do right now to speed up the process? When should I start calling them?

Is there anything I can do right now to speed up the process? When should I start calling them?
Emir,
I don't knw what's the waiting time. Don't worry about it now. People from April are still waiting for their interview letters. So we still have time before start getting worried. It will come eventually when it supposed to come.

Emir,
I don't knw what's the waiting time. Don't worry about it now. People from April are still waiting for their interview letters. So we still have time before start getting worried. It will come eventually when it supposed to come.

Thanks united1

I sent snapshots of case status approval ,along with a copy of letter she had provided to me during interview explaining why decision was not made (pending I-131). Hopefully things will sail smoothly as I have to travel out of country on June 30th...

That's good,
Maybe you could inform the officer so he/she can update your file and give you an approval very soon.

hi everyone,
thanks to you all for the great information here. My I-485 made it to Chicago last week. As an Australian who has been in the US for 20 years on various visas (F1, H1, J1, E3) I am looking forward a change of status, fingers crossed!

Between having done your biometrics to getting your interview letter...how long?

It would help if the spreadsheet was stuck somewhere so I don't have to search all pages for the link : \

Why don't you simply bookmark the page, Mel? :rolleyes:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE#gid=0

For others who haven't, please take a couple of minutes to update/fill-out the DV 2013 AOS Timelines. Others can also benefit from the spreadsheet just like you've benefited from this forum too.

Hi, I have a quick question. I'm winner of 2013 my case number is 2013AS00010XXX
(I'm in US as a student)
May's Bulletin is out now and at the end of the bulletin it says AS9800 will be current in July,
so when June's Bulletin is out :
It is going to say AS from 9800 to 10800 is current in August.
Does it mean I can send my I-484 to chicago just by mentioning my number in bulletin?
Or
I should wait and send my package in the first of August?
Thanks for your help

Technically, you're supposed to send in your I-485 package at the end of July if your CN is current for August. However, because of the time sensitive nature of DV lottery, you may want to try sending in the package a little bit early, maybe June ending or early July? If you decide to do that, I suggest you print out the VB and highlight the section that shows you as being current in August. There's the possibility the application might be sent back, but if you send it in early enough, you will at least have the chance of getting it back on time for re-submission at the end of July. The only thing you would have lost is just the cost of mailing the package.

Good luck!

DV 2013 Selectee

Hello guys,

Would tremendously appreciate if someone could answer my question. My numbers are EU2013XXX3 and visa bulletin for my numbers came out for June only. Initially I was planning to do the AOS in the US, but my immigration lawyer warned me that 3 months might be insufficient time for this process therefore highly recommended to travel back home, and get my GC through counselor processing. I am F-1 student and really afraid to risk going back home.

Please advice what would be the best option. File everything asap here or request all the documents to be transferred to my country of citizenship? And what are the chances to receive the Biometrics/Interview letters and the GC by the end of September, if everything was filed first week of June?

Thanks a million and hope to hear from somebody ASAP!

Best of luck to all selectees!!! ;)

A

Hello guys,

Would tremendously appreciate if someone could answer my question. My numbers are EU2013XXX3 and visa bulletin for my numbers came out for June only. Initially I was planning to do the AOS in the US, but my immigration lawyer warned me that 3 months might be insufficient time for this process therefore highly recommended to travel back home, and get my GC through counselor processing. I am F-1 student and really afraid to risk going back home.

Please advice what would be the best option. File everything asap here or request all the documents to be transferred to my country of citizenship? And what are the chances to receive the Biometrics/Interview letters and the GC by the end of September, if everything was filed first week of June?

Thanks a million and hope to hear from somebody ASAP!

Best of luck to all selectees!!! ;)

A

You are absolutely right, 3 months is borderline short period for AOS. Maybe uscis speeds things up for the late applications, but if you do, put notes to the cover letter, on a separate orange/color pages that them to expedite things with big fonts. You may end up needing a congressional intervention. There are nice/suspense stories from DV2012 threads.

On the other hand CP is usually a slam dunk fast process, if everything is in order, don't be afraid of it. KCC need to schedule an interview for you at US embassy in your country. That will take time. CP Procedures have some differences, like police records, or more strict attention to properly showing your level of education with your high school and above diplomas, and more strict about showing that you have an income to support yourself in the US (If you are grad student with an assistantship that would help with income hurdle I think).

I don't know if starting process here and transferring to consulate could mess things up. You should do some reading about that.

Usually in AOS people get their interviews within 2 months, and 10 days after that to get the GC in the mail. Bt there seems to be some delay lately. But it may not turn out to be the case.

I don't know anyone personally who lost their chances due to time restrictions.

It is a double edged sword. I think it will work out both ways for you. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone tell how to find AOS processing times of different USCIS offices?

Thank you.

It is on uscis website, do a google search, but it does not mean anything for DV cases. So your best bet is to look at the google spreadsheet mom re-posted the link few topics ago.

Hey friends,
One of my last and important questions, do we need lawyer in this case? anybody has? What can a laywer do? Forms are very straightforward. Is there any specific follow up that lawyer can do??
Thanks,

Hey friends,
One of my last and important questions, do we need lawyer in this case? anybody has? What can a laywer do? Forms are very straightforward. Is there any specific follow up that lawyer can do??
Thanks,

Unless your case is complicated, you do not need a lawyer. Process is pretty straightforward.....

Thanks, BTW, congrats for your I-131 approval, did you find any needs to follow up? Does it works by phone or infopass?

Thanks, BTW, congrats for your I-131 approval, did you find any needs to follow up? Does it works by phone or infopass?

I sent I-131 approval status snapshot ( USCIS website) to Field Office yesterday. Interviewing Officer had asked me to send this once approved. She had even provided envelope for this...

It is on uscis website, do a google search, but it does not mean anything for DV cases. So your best bet is to look at the google spreadsheet mom re-posted the link few topics ago.

Thanks a million for your prompt reply, anon123! Your answers are extremely helpful!

Would appreciate if you could answer another few questions- really need your opinion:

- When I applied for GC I indicated my middle name which is actually not indicated in any of my documents, except that they can see my father's name on my Birth Certificate, so do you think it will be better if I keep that middle name on all the forms and explain them everything at the interview and ask to drop it on my GC, or vice versa?

- Since I'm F-1 student I had internships only, should I indicate all of them in the employment section of the G-325 A form? I also had an OPT 4 years ago, but it was 1099 Form and not W2, so should I include it also?

- On I-485 there's this questions on Part 3. A. Where you inspected by a U.S. Immigration Officer? It was 7 years ago and I truly don't really remember, but I do have my I-94. Should I check the Yes box?

- I am also submitting the I-134 form where my bfriend states that intends to support me, but we are not sure what exactly to write where they ask to indicate the exact nature of the contributions.

Thank you so very much again for your time and all the valuable advises. This forum is so super efficient- I am impressed! Many thanks for your hard work, guys!

A