• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Jay2013,
For 1 and 2, the letter used references DV 2012. Disregard.
For 3 disregard as they have the medical report, if you sent it with application.
For 4 if it was certified by your embassy you are okay.

Notarized copy means a notary public( somebody with the states permission to certify your documents), they date and stamp docs saying they are a notary public. If the letter states a notarized copy of passport then have them notarized. If not you do not need to notarized passport.

Also, what is notarized copy means? where should I go for that?
Thanks.

Just to add what Minto64 said, you can get notary at any Bank of America location or may be other banks too. I got mine done at BOA, you may need to have an account though.

Jay2013,
For 1 and 2, the letter used references DV 2012. Disregard.
For 3 disregard as they have the medical report, if you sent it with application.
For 4 if it was certified by your embassy you are okay.

Notarized copy means a notary public( somebody with the states permission to certify your documents), they date and stamp docs saying they are a notary public. If the letter states a notarized copy of passport then have them notarized. If not you do not need to notarized passport.

Thank you very much Minto64 and varxx for the information. This forum give us not only the information but also the confidence. Thanks again.

How should I get a pilice record? I went to local police department and they said all they can do is write a letter that I do not have any criminal history in this county. Is that enough?

PLEASE ADVISE...

How should I get a pilice record? I went to local police department and they said all they can do is write a letter that I do not have any criminal history in this county. Is that enough?

PLEASE ADVISE...

Do you need police report??
I heard people from some countries need to submit police report from own country (or from countries you had lived before),
but as far as criminal record in the US for AOS, I think you will go to biometric appointment and FBI will checked for you.

For my application, I did not include any police report.

AOS2013,

What I did is I asked the local police department to write in their letterhead stating I have bee staying at this place for last XX years and does not have any criminal record. That is what I will be submitting. I do have police record from home country but it was from 2005.

I-485 PART 2: Application type

Do we select a. An immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number......... OR

h. Other basis if eligibility, and write DV AOS and Case #?

Please advise who have already gone through interview and received GC.

You do not need to submit any police report if you're doing AOS. Your background/criminal check will be covered by the FBI check that will be done following your Biometrics appointment.

PLEASE ADVISE...

-No police record needed from US authorities. Police records are only needed from other countries stayed more than a year after the age of 16 including the home country.
-No payment needed for I-765, just send a copy of the I-485 NOA letter.
- Look back in this thread for a copy of translation certification.

Here is a humble suggestion: if the newcomers read this whole thread in its entirety, they will find answers to their questions. Yes it is a LONG read, but very useful thanks to people who took their time to contribute. And please add your timelines to the spreadsheet for everybody's benefit.

I had POBOX address when I filled DV lottery, and also in DSP 122.

I-485 asks for street address. Will there be address change needed if I give Street address?

PLESE ADVISE..

Current in April.
DV fee paid
Medicals done, Trying to fill out i-485 at this point

I finished my interview last Tuesday (3/19), but I did not get any document or information until now.
Do I need to contact USCIS or just wait?
Although the IO said I should get my card within 3 weeks, I still feel nerves after waiting for 10 days.
Please let me know your suggestions.
Thanks!

ANyone Please help!!!!

I-485 PART 2: Application type

Do we select
a. An immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number......... OR

h. Other basis if eligibility, and write DV AOS and Case #?

Please advise who have already gone through interview and received GC.

Hello everyone

I had my interview yesterday. I was asked to come at 8:15, I arrived just 10mn before. It wasn't that busy but NY field office is a huge skyscrapers with different rooms everywhere. I only waited 15/20 mn before IO called be.
The interview was neither pleasant, like I could read here, nor strict and formal. Just normal. The officer was chewing a gum. She first asked my passport and the lottery notifications then the DV payment receipt. I saw that she had the file that we sent in January, I told her while pointing the file that it should be there. She looked then over all pages. Then she asked the high school diploma certificate and also my master's degree diploma. She asked for the letter of employment. I also gave her my business card she said oh yeah and she stapled it to the employment letter. She also asked for the pay stubs, 2010 and 2011 tax returns and 2012 W2. Then we went over the security questions. Then she asked me to confirm my full name my address and my date and place of birth. And that was it, she gave me a letter saying that everything is complete and that I should receive a notice within a few day. She didn't take my I-94.

I was a little anxious but this morning the status online was showing card production.

That's the end of a long journey.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finished my interview last Tuesday (3/19), but I did not get any document or information until now.
Although the IO said I should get my card within 3 weeks, I still feel nerves after waiting for 10 days.
Thanks!

Dont worry, I didnt get anything yet so far either, when I check the online status, it still says initial review.
The card will show up eventually.

and congrats to Kazore for finishing interview

Have you tried checking your status online at USCIC's website? Since you've done your interview, you should be able to get some sort of update. Although, some forum members have reported receiving both their Welcome Letter and GC at about the same time (but usually, the WC arrives a couple of days before the GC).

Thanks!

Since you're yet to submit your I-485, you haven't had any direct dealing with USCIS regarding your AOS per se, so I don't think an address change will be rquired if you go ahead and submit your I-485 with a street address now as requested. I suggest you stick with using a street address going forward (I'm guessing a street address will be required in order for them to conduct the FBI background check following your Biometrics appointment).

I had POBOX address when I filled DV lottery, and also in DSP 122.

I-485 asks for street address. Will there be address change needed if I give Street address?

PLESE ADVISE..

Current in April.
DV fee paid
Medicals done, Trying to fill out i-485 at this point