• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Nonsense. Majority of people submit DS-230 anyways, we all are a lucky bunch I guess. DS-230 is supplementary information, much of it is already submitted in other forms anyways. But the issue here is not DS-230, the real issue is this troll's favorite subject: he is waiting for somebody to ask why. Then he'll go on and on about CP vs. AOS, listing dependents, etc. etc. :) Listen to him at your own risk.

DS-230 is not supplementary information, it is an application for an immigrant visa. It could revert AOS to CP and it could lead to failure in CP because CP rules are different from AOS. In certain cases you are eligible for AOS, but not for CP. Once you submit DS-230, you might not have a possibility to do AOS any more

DS-230 is not supplementary information, it is an application for an immigrant visa. It could revert AOS to CP and it could lead to failure in CP because CP rules are different from AOS. In certain cases you are eligible for AOS, but not for CP. Once you submit DS-230, you might not have a possibility to do AOS any more

LOL, here we go. Didn't I tell you? Fact of the matter is DS-230 is optional for AOS, if you are outside the US it is application for visa, if you are inside the US it serves as alien registration and they know you won't actually seek a visa because you submitted DSP-122 where in question 4 you wrote "BCIS", remember that question the troll couldn't answer?

So let's recap: this raevsky troll has not been through the DV AOS process, and does not know of any actual cases that would favor his PV on things, and he could not answer even basic questions to satisfaction and prefers to ignore them whenever he is cornered.

He says "submitting DS-230 harms a lot" as if he knows of an actual case; instead he should have said "it may harm" but that would not suit his ego. Similarly, he kept talking nonsense in some other thread about listing or not listing one's dependents, and when he was cornered by several other users, he couldn't produce any single case to support his position, the only case he found was actually against his position :) Same deal in numerous other threads.. Whenever somebody produces cases against his PV he'll keep saying that they are either lucky or IO/CO didn't know the laws! :) Anyways that's it for today, good night and good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, here we go. Didn't I tell you? Fact of the matter is DS-230 is optional for AOS, if you are outside the US it is application for visa, if you are inside the US it serves as alien registration and they know you won't actually seek a visa because you submitted DSP-122 where in question 4 you wrote "BCIS", remember that question the troll couldn't answer?
Totally wrong. In some cases submitting DS-230 overwrites what you put in DSP-122 and means you do not do AOS but do CP.

So let's recap: this raevsky troll has not been though the DV AOS process, and does not know of any actual cases that would favor his PV on things, and he could not answer even basic questions to satisfaction and prefers to ignore them whenever he is cornered.
I do not know particular cases. But I trust lawyers who do know and write about it.

Totally wrong. In some cases submitting DS-230 overwrites what you put in DSP-122 and means you do not do AOS but do CP.

Oh yeah, one thing I forgot to mention about this troll is, he is very good at turning words around and making things up to maneuver out of the corner he is in.

Again, I'm sure he knows of many such cases.

Raevsky,

I reiterate what sms1smom and aos13 have stated for the benefit of others who will read this thread this year and years to come.
DSP -122 is required for those intending to complete DV AOS. A selectee as per department of state has to complete it in order to start the process. KCC responds by confirming that you can proceed with AOS by referring applicants to USCIS.

Once again the initial step once selected entails sending DSP 122 to KCC for persons intending to complete AOS.

For the benefit of others in the process of completing AOS, let us consider this issue settled. The back and forth will cause more confusion and defeats the forums intent and purpose.

As far as I understand all these users are instances of the same user, and they all are trying to revert the truth by providing a lot of totally wrong wording without any references. That could harm other people

As far as I understand all these users are instances of the same user, and they all are trying to revert the truth by providing a lot of totally wrong wording without any references. That could harm other people

Minto64, as I said there is no point in engaging a conspiracy theorist, he lives in his own distorted world.

I choose not to engage in a back and forth with you. My posts are made based on my experience. My reference is the successful selection link instructions on the department of state DV site.

Please respond to other issues and not DsP-122 as you are misleading people seeking valuable information.

You are totally wrong on this. I was asked by KCC to submit DS-230. I clearly mentioned to her that I will be doing AOS. After sending that I received my 2nd notification letter clearly mentioning that I am allowed to go for AOS process when my number is current.

P.S Whatever you reply, I am not going to argue with you. I am just telling my side of story with DS-230.

filing the 765 form

Hi all,

First of all, I would like to thank each and every of the major contributors of this forum.... I have been a silent follower for a long time. I have learnt a lot from you. Your help was so invaluable.

I have several questions (1-4 about 765 form and the last one is about sending the package) for now. I really appreciate your input

1) when filing the 765 form. the section 16 asked for ``place the number and the letter of the eligibility category you selected from the instructions. which one does apply for DV AOS?

2) Well, I was on OPT for several months after finishing grad school..... Section 11 `` have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS``? if yes complete below.... Have any idea what to complete?

3) As I mentioned I had OPT before. Should I check permission to accept employment or renewal of my permission? I dont have my OPT card anymore.

4) just on the right of section 1 ``Which USCIS office``, ``date``, ``results``. what should I write there?

5) my last question is I will be sending my package to (via FEDEX)
USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Should I ask for a delivery signature????

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Best

Taz

After sending that I received my 2nd notification letter clearly mentioning that I am allowed to go for AOS process when my number is current.
Not the first person in this thread is trying to say that though he made a mistake, clearly violating simple instructions, everything went fine for him and his particular AOS process did not suffer. Another person said that even though a lot of people violate instructions, definitely not all of them caught, because that way a huge percentage of applicant would be eliminated from consideration.
That does not mean violating instructions was the correct behavior. That just means when a person is an ignoramus, sooner or later he will come to a trouble.

To me it means both of you guys (actually, 1 person, 2 nicks) were extremely lucky. But wrong, of course.

LOL, it is almost a pity to watch a troll pathetically squirming to have the last word. Well, almost.

varxx, I'm glad you got it all fixed.

TAZ, to answer your last question: you don't need to ask for a delivery signature. I've sent to that address with Fedex. I didn't know if they are in the habit of signing parcels so I didn't risk it. You can track with the tracking number. About the other stuff, are you H1B now? I didn't fill a I-765 but you need to understand that it is to your advantage to maintain your current status until the day of the interview, so if you are on F/J/OPT you should understand that submitting I-765 will end that status. If you are H1B and it is not expiring any time soon, you don't really need I-765 unless you want to change your employer etc. Just my 2 cents.

Two separate alien numbers

Hey all,

I received my notification (797) that they got the AOS package and it came with a 9 digit A number that starts with a '2'. When I got my OPT at the end of my F1 I got an A number that is 9 digits but starts with a '1'. This number was also on my 797 documents from the two times I applied for H1B. I tried to do quite a bit of looking around online and I found opinions that the '1' numbers are used for student EADs and that ones that don't start with a 0, 1 or 3 are more "permanent" ones meant for immigration. There are quite a few people that say they have been given separate numbers but opinion seems to be split, with some saying this is a problem and others saying it's normal. A couple did say they had problem because of a number "mismatch" but it seems rare. There are also a lot of opinions out there that you should never have more than one A number, which can't quite be right given the number of people who do end up with multiple ones. I know there has been a discussion on this forum about A numbers earlier but I could not find it and I don't remember if it was related to this specific topic. So my question is does anyone have any experience with this? Has this happened to anyone, where the A number with the 485 is different from whatever you had before? Should I call USCIS or is this normal?

Thanks!

lottery2013 said:
Two separate alien numbers

For what it's worth, we had two different A numbers, just point that out to the IO at the interview and hopefully they will consolidate your files. I also read somewhere it turned out to be a problem for somebody, I don't know how or why. Again, for what it's worth, we left the A number boxes empty in our applications (mainly because we did not have the second A number by then).

PS: just to make sure; you are not mixing up alien number with admission number, right?

PS: just to make sure; you are not mixing up alien number with admission number, right?

Thanks. No, they both say alien number, the '1' one on all the documents I have had so far, including the AOS application I sent them and the other one, the '2' is just on the 797 they sent back yesterday but they are both definitely 9 digit alien numbers.