• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

No, that is not it. You also submit additional forms with I-485. Of course, nothing to KCC, and no DSP-122 or DS-230 to any other organization at all

I said I-485 package, don't convolute. If you don't send anything to KCC, they will schedule you an interview in your home country, good luck.

AOS cannot be done in your home country. Without those two forms you will have AOS, not CP.

Again, you convolute the discussion because you are cornered. Tell me how you get an interview for AOS without submitting the KCC response acknowledging your intent to do AOS by typing "BCIS" on DSP-122 form question 4. You are clueless, aren't you?

Let's give raevsky some time to google age-old documents to find an excerpt taken out of its context to make it look like it's supporting his PV, after all he did not go through this process by himself, so it is not fair to expect a quick comeback.

DV topic is my favorite and I know much much much more than anybody else I know about this tipic

Yeah right, the minor thing is that you have NOT been through any DV AOS process by yourself, only thing you know is how to google and piece together things to make nonsensical claims about quotas and what not, which ultimately don't matter anyways. You keep telling people that they don't need to show up for interviews, they don't need to send forms, they don't need to comply with DV rules, etc. and you do that with conviction and authority as if you've been through it. The fact is you are a pathetic troll who just has too much time in his hands and I wouldn't even care a bit what nonsense you write, except I care about the people who are unlucky enough to decide to follow your "advise".

AOS cannot be done in your home country. Without those two forms you will have AOS, not CP.

Nonsense! Without sending ANYTHING to KCC you wont even get to the interview stage! They will think that you don't want to continue or actually even start the process and won't bother with your case.

It is not mandatory, but it makes no harm for AOS, compared to DS-230 which could really kill the process

For AOS, the mandatory form to KCC at the initial stage is the DSP-122

I had a deep feeling at the depth of my stomach that someone was going to latch on to my use of the word "mandatory" with regards to DSP-122 as I typied it earlier on. Oh well! *shaking my head, walking outta da door*

Nonsense! Without sending ANYTHING to KCC you wont even get to the interview stage! They will think that you don't want to continue or actually even start the process and won't bother with your case.

As much as I appreciate your support, we are enabling this guy to post even more nonsense by replying to him. He is the poster boy of attention seeking trolls and conspiracy theorists. I hope I can heed my own advice and stop feeding trolls.

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question about certified English translation for foreign language documents. I have the translations of my documents done by notary public from my country. I am not sure if these would be fine to be taken to the interview.

Thank you all for this great forum.

Pritu

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question about certified English translation for foreign language documents. I have the translations of my documents done by notary public from my country. I am not sure if these would be fine to be taken to the interview.

Thank you all for this great forum.

Pritu

Good question, I don't know the answer but you can get them translated into English here in no time. Just find somebody who will be the "translator" (no relatives or people working for you or your boss etc.) and show up in front of a public notary with that person. The translator will sign a document that basically says that he is able to translate between your language and English because ( a good reason here) and the public notary will check the ID of the person and notarize that he is who he claims he is.

Your other option is to contact your country's consulates, they usually do official translations for a small fee.

You do not read instructions to AOS DV applicants. Forms DSP-122 and DS-230 are for CP applicants only. However, DSP-122 makes no harm, as I said, to AOS applicants.

OK, here is the general idea of a translation certificate. Feel free to play with it.
2edmd7p.png

You do not read instructions to AOS DV applicants. Forms DSP-122 and DS-230 are for CP applicants only. However, DSP-122 makes no harm, as I said, to AOS applicants.

For future reference, anybody going through DV AOS better be submitting DSP-122 to KCC to get the acknowledgement letter from KCC and to get their files sent to USCIS. Submitting DS-230 is optional and does no harm whatsoever. I submitted both, nobody yelled at me. That's my experience.

Submitting DS-230 did not harm you because you were lucky. It harms and harms a lot. Proceeding with DSP-122 is no better than without it. Not worse either.
Relying on your experience could kill AOS process.

Submitting DS-230 did not harm you because you were lucky. It harms and harms a lot. Proceeding with DSP-122 is no better than without it. Not worse either.
Relying on your experience could kill AOS process.

Nonsense. Majority of people submit DS-230 anyways, we all are a lucky bunch I guess. DS-230 is supplementary information, much of it is already submitted in other forms anyways. But the issue here is not DS-230, the real issue is this troll's favorite subject: he is waiting for somebody to ask why. Then he'll go on and on about CP vs. AOS, listing dependents, etc. etc. :) Listen to him at your own risk.

So you mean I have to find a translator who can translate the language to English and have him sign a document in the public notary. And do you think I have to make a new translated document in English or I can use the one I have from my country translated by notary?

Thank you,
Pritu
Good question, I don't know the answer but you can get them translated into English here in no time. Just find somebody who will be the "translator" (no relatives or people working for you or your boss etc.) and show up in front of a public notary with that person. The translator will sign a document that basically says that he is able to translate between your language and English because ( a good reason here) and the public notary will check the ID of the person and notarize that he is who he claims he is.

Your other option is to contact your country's consulates, they usually do official translations for a small fee.

So you mean I have to find a translator who can translate the language to English and have him sign a document in the public notary. And do you think I have to make a new translated document in English or I can use the one I have from my country translated by notary?

Thank you,
Pritu

It does not have to be an "official" translator. Just take a look at the document that I linked. Somebody who has a good command of both languages is fine. And yes you can use the English translation made by the Notary, just make sure to show it to your translator and if he agrees with the translation, it is fine. Just print the translation on a paper and print that certificate too and you both go to a public notary to get it notarized.