• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Regarding the police record, I certainly lived in a couple of countries for a significant number of years (since turning 16) before coming to the US, I did not include a PCC from any of those countries when I sent in my 1-485 package, and I was never asked about them either during the interview. So based on my personal experience, I do not think a PCC is required from countries outside of the US for AOS.

I checked the USCIC's website several times, it always showed acceptance, just like before interview.
I have no idea when the website will be updated.

Regarding the police record, I certainly lived in a couple of countries for a significant number of years (since turning 16) before coming to the US, I did not include a PCC from any of those countries when I sent in my 1-485 package, and I was never asked about them either during the interview. So based on my personal experience, I do not think a PCC is required from countries outside of the US for AOS.

Maybe it is a CP thing I overlooked. One thing for sure, if one knows one has a criminal history in anywhere including US they need bring documents related to that.

High School Diploma

Hi folks,

I have a master, while I have my bachelor and master certificate, I do not have my high school diploma available. (it is in my home country) Do you think I need to find it or bachelor and master certificates will be sufficient for me?

Regards

Does it cost to file I-765 and I-131?

ALso, does filing I-131 ( travel document) delay or hurt the application process?

Congrats Man! I was concerned as you dint update your information until today. Glad that everything went through well!

Congratulations again!!!

Hello everyone
I was a little anxious but this morning the status online was showing card production.
That's the end of a long journey.

Last edited by a moderator:
better get high school diploma, you may never know what IO asks for.
Hi folks,

I have a master, while I have my bachelor and master certificate, I do not have my high school diploma available. (it is in my home country) Do you think I need to find it or bachelor and master certificates will be sufficient for me?

Regards

There's no additional fee for I-765 and I-131 if filed together with I-485.

No, filing I-131 has no negative impact on I-485 processing, the former is handled by NBC, and the later will be processed by your field office.

Does it cost to file I-765 and I-131?

ALso, does filing I-131 ( travel document) delay or hurt the application process?

Click "Forum Actions" at the top of the page, select "Edit Profile" from drop down box, and select the signature link on your left-hand side (the right-side of your screen)

aos13,

This might sound stupid, but how do I add timeline? it it manual everytime I post it. Sorry.

thank you thank you,
yeah i waited a little bit before posting. I didn't want to post until i was sure of the decision as I had mixed feeling after the interview. I feel happy now.

i-485 part 5

I am preparing i-485 for my 5 years old son. what should I put in part 5? (signature) (first selection or second)
should I sign for him?

I will be doing AOS ths April, but I have to travel to home country in July. I have valid H1B visa till 2015.

In such case do I need to file advance parole (I-131) for travel document?

I will be doing AOS ths April, but I have to travel to home country in July. I have valid H1B visa till 2015.

In such case do I need to file advance parole (I-131) for travel document?

I think the short answer to your question is yes.
Once you file AOS and travel outside without permission, USCIS normally consider you gave up to further process your AOS.
so you probably need to do I-131.

however, it takes around 3month to get AP, so even you apply for I-131, you might not get AP on time for your July travel.
in my case, I did AOS at beginning of January and received EAD/AP card in mid March, but some people here received AP on the same day as GC, so it is hard to predict when you can get one.

But more importantly, if you do AOS in April, you might get your interview in July. This is more troublesome for you.

To sum up, I strongly recommend you that once you file AOS, you should not travel outside of US until you get GC.

I have a question filling out the I-134. For question 11, does the sponsor need to mention "Intend" or it is okay if he selects "do not indent"

Federal Tax 2012

I was preparing my tax (non-resident) for 2012 using a software given by International student service center of my university, and I have stuck in one point. Can anyone help me with this? what should I suppose to choose (yes/no)

Question asked:
During 2012, did you apply for, or take any affirmative steps to apply for, lawful permanent resident status in the United States or have an application pending to adjust your status to that of a lawful permanent resident of the United States? (If you simply entered in DV lottery, do not select Yes.)

Yes or NO??, If yes, explain......

I do have no idea. My interview is on 15th April and was current in January.

Hope some of you might have experienced similar before and have answer.

Thanks.

I was preparing my tax (non-resident) for 2012 using a software given by International student service center of my university,

I am impressed by your university.

Question asked:
During 2012, did you apply for, or take any affirmative steps to apply for, lawful permanent resident status in the United States or have an application pending to adjust your status to that of a lawful permanent resident of the United States? (If you simply entered in DV lottery, do not select Yes.)

Tax return is for 2012 and your current date was January 2013, so technically you did not do anything at all to that effect in 2012.