• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

TAZ, to answer your last question: you don't need to ask for a delivery signature. I've sent to that address with Fedex. I didn't know if they are in the habit of signing parcels so I didn't risk it. You can track with the tracking number. About the other stuff, are you H1B now? I didn't fill a I-765 but you need to understand that it is to your advantage to maintain your current status until the day of the interview, so if you are on F/J/OPT you should understand that submitting I-765 will end that status. If you are H1B and it is not expiring any time soon, you don't really need I-765 unless you want to change your employer etc. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks aos13 for your response.......I am on H1B, expiring Nov 2014, however, I may have to change jobs before the interview because of the sequester....It is quite uncertain, therefore I would like to file for 765, too. I really appreciate if someone with 765 experience could help me with my questions regarding to file the 765. Thank you all

Thanks aos13 for your response.......I am on H1B, expiring Nov 2014, however, I may have to change jobs before the interview because of the sequester....It is quite uncertain, therefore I would like to file for 765, too. I really appreciate if someone with 765 experience could help me with my questions regarding to file the 765. Thank you all

OK, again I did not fill it so somebody who actually did it can jump in and help you. Here is what I *think*:

1) I think eligibility category is 7.A in the I-765 instructions sheet.

2) Fill the right column top (funny it says "below"); USCIS office is whereever you sent your OPT application to. Put the date on your OPT approval notice.

3) This should not be a renewal, check permission to accept employment. (did you lose your OPT card?)

4) look at 2.

5) answered.

Again, this is what I would do, but I haven't done it, so it's just my opinion for what it's worth.

PS: H1B also is work authorization, so you may need to attach a sheet and list all your applications, results, notices etc. for item 11 in I-765.

Last edited by a moderator:
And another thing is; they don't kid when they say family name in CAPS in that form; I've heard forms rejected for not putting your last name in capital letters.

See response below - in line with aos13's response (and yes, I did sbmit an I-765 from with my application)

Hi all,

First of all, I would like to thank each and every of the major contributors of this forum.... I have been a silent follower for a long time. I have learnt a lot from you. Your help was so invaluable.

I have several questions (1-4 about 765 form and the last one is about sending the package) for now. I really appreciate your input

1) when filing the 765 form. the section 16 asked for ``place the number and the letter of the eligibility category you selected from the instructions. which one does apply for DV AOS? (c)(9)

2) Well, I was on OPT for several months after finishing grad school..... Section 11 `` have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS``? if yes complete below.... Have any idea what to complete? Refer to upper right hand side of the form

3) As I mentioned I had OPT before. Should I check permission to accept employment or renewal of my permission? I dont have my OPT card anymore. Permission to accept employment

4) just on the right of section 1 ``Which USCIS office``, ``date``, ``results``. what should I write there? Information regarding your previous OPT - question 2 above

5) my last question is I will be sending my package to (via FEDEX)
USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Should I ask for a delivery signature???? Not necessary

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Best

Taz

Hi, everyone
I know this question have been asked before in this thread, but my case is bit different. All my documents are in English expect my birth certificate. My family made my birth certificate some months ago( as it has nothing to do in my country- I haven’t made it yet), Translate and notarized in English and send to me. Now I have noticed it don’t have a statement “translator's certification that he or she is competent to translate the foreign language into English” it is just stamped “Above Translation is true and verified”.
In this case do I need to do it again, or is there any other options?

Hi, everyone
I know this question have been asked before in this thread, but my case is bit different.
Everybody's case is a bit different :)

My family made my birth certificate some months ago( as it has nothing to do in my country- I haven’t made it yet),

don't understand what you mean.

Translate and notarized in English and send to me. Now I have noticed it don’t have a statement “translator's certification that he or she is competent to translate the foreign language into English” it is just stamped “Above Translation is true and verified”.

Please take a look at my posts in the last few pages, I posted a sample certification and explained how this translation issue can be handled.

I applied I-130 for my brother who lives in Turkey

My question is what is the process and what will be the next step. I sent the papers and form 2 week ago. I haven't heard from them yet. They didn't even cashed the check. What will be the next step? Also how long takes time to get visa for people who lives in Turkey?

Thanks

I-485 filing Fee

Hi mates!

I won DV lottery and I am living with my family in US on working visa!
I am going to file my I-485 to USCIS for AOS soon!
Would you please advise if filing fee for I-485 is per person or for whole family?

i-485 part2

Hi mates,

I have another question regarding I-485 form.
It is almost clear but I would like to confirmit.

in part 2 and for my family should I choose selction b. (my spouse or parent...)?

Regards

If the birth certificate is registered at birth but issued now, just get the translation like aos13 mentioned or from an authorized translator in US if you would like.
If you birth was registered and issued recently then make sure to get 2 or 3 affidavits from your parents or relatives that you are born to them. You also need to get a letter from the government why your birth was not registered when you were born.

Hi, everyone
I know this question have been asked before in this thread, but my case is bit different. All my documents are in English expect my birth certificate. My family made my birth certificate some months ago( as it has nothing to do in my country- I haven’t made it yet), Translate and notarized in English and send to me. Now I have noticed it don’t have a statement “translator's certification that he or she is competent to translate the foreign language into English” it is just stamped “Above Translation is true and verified”.

Hi mates,

I have another question regarding I-485 form.
It is almost clear but I would like to confirmit.

in part 2 and for my family should I choose selction b. (my spouse or parent...)?

Regards

You choose (h) for yourself and write the explanation "DV LOTTERY WINNER LETTER ATTACHED", and choose (b) for your spouse and kids and make sure to attach an extra sheet to explain they are applying as the family of DV lottery winner, and attach copies of your DV letter to each I-485 application.

Hey folks, there is no new since i did the biometrics. i called several times they didnt file a service request. i went to FO, she didnt answer any of my questions. I went to congresswoman yesterday, and i will wait an answer from them.

on the other hand, i have to file i-131 i-765 which i didnt know that i had to file those too. Now i have checked the uscis website but i am not sure whether I should pay for i-765 or not. I read that i have to send a copy of payment form that i recieved, they said it is enough. but on the website there is a fee to file i-765. Anyone knows what to do?

I used PO Box for DV lottery and DSP 122.

Now I-485 asks for Street Name and address. Should I put Street address or give the same PO Box info?

Thanks for helping on this.

Documents for interview

In interview later, lists of documents are requested to bring in interview. I will only mention the documents that I am not so clear about and need your help. I tried to go back in forum postings to find answers, but unable to find it because of many pages and it is really difficult to dig up.

Documents requested are:
1. original receipt of paid fee to DOS $440 (I believe it may be copied from 2012 processing since it has changed to $330 in this year)
2. Proof of high school diploma equivalent for your 2012 Diversity Lottery application (I guess this is also a mistake (may be copied from 2012 letter), it should be 2013).
3. Completed medical form (I 693) in sealed envelope (of course, we already submitted that during I-485 application, it may be just a generic)
4. all foreign documents must be notarized and accompanied by CERTIFIED English translations (I got more confused in this part, the documents I have submitted were translated by our country's embassy in Washington DC. There is a signature of an officer at the bottom, but does not tell anything about accuracy of translation. So, I guess, it is okay since the translation is on the letter head of authorized government office, pls. suggest me on this)

Also, what is notarized copy means? where should I go for that? Do I need to do notarization of passport too?

I will appreciate your help with these contents.

Thanks.

Hey folks, there is no new since i did the biometrics. i called several times they didnt file a service request. i went to FO, she didnt answer any of my questions. I went to congresswoman yesterday, and i will wait an answer from them.

on the other hand, i have to file i-131 i-765 which i didnt know that i had to file those too. Now i have checked the uscis website but i am not sure whether I should pay for i-765 or not. I read that i have to send a copy of payment form that i recieved, they said it is enough. but on the website there is a fee to file i-765. Anyone knows what to do?

Mcgelik,

From the spreadsheet , if your field office is as busy as Miami then you should expect an interview letter next month. As you have the congesswomans office involved, this might speed up your interview letter.

You do not have to file I-131 and I-765. Having said the above, are you graduating in May?As once you apply for I-765 you lose your f-1 status. Also do you need to travel for emergency soon and hence the need for I-131. A few questions to ponder.

If the answer to the above is the affirmative then my understanding is that since you are not filing them concurrently with I-465 you will need to pay. I might be wrong on this.

If I was in your shoes I would not file anything and wait for interview letter. Remember with the new forms, fingerprints will be required. By the time you get the EAD and travel doc you might have already received the GC. Do not make the process harder than it already is. My two cents.