• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

This is just my experience, but both my attorney and I received the notice for bio.
I know this because my attorney told me that if I did not get one or lost one, she can send her original copy to me since I have to bring the original bio notice to get bio done.

loladvas13, rnotk

I still havent received the applicants copies, whereas my attorney received on Monday. The checks were cashed on 29th. My attorney says sometimes either attorney or the client receives the NOA and biometrics, not both. But as I read somewhere that USCIS new policy, came into effect in 2011, sends original copy to the applicants and courtesy copy to attorney.

customer service do not have any information other then that our case is in the process. They do not have any information if our address needs any correction. They cannot access our personal information.

You're interviewed when your Field Office decides they have an open time slot for you considering you're on the DV Program and usually after the background check.

Pryanik :)

I agree, I think bio needs to be done for interview,
but I also think that walk-in bio does not necessarily schedule your interview date earlier.

Why don't you get a infopass at your field office? May be you could get your answers

When you got your interview letter, what was the actual wording? Did it say "interview" or "initial interview" ? The officer I talked to said that FO might have wanted ask some questions and that's why I was scheduled for interview ??[/QUOTE]

I am glad that atleast we and/or attorney will get a copy of bio

This is just my experience, but both my attorney and I received the notice for bio.
I know this because my attorney told me that if I did not get one or lost one, she can send her original copy to me since I have to bring the original bio notice to get bio done.

i wouldn't worry about the word 'initial' attached to your interview letter. Just like Pryanik777 mentioned earlier, I think its referring to your actual interview. The FO seem to have different ways of wording and sending out interview letters. While some FOs send out individual interview letters to applicants from the same family, mine for instance, simply sent out one interview letter to cover the 4 people under our application(s) - all the names were listed on the one page letter we received. Also while some FOs attach a list of generic documents for applicants to bring along, my FO used tiny fonts in their letter and listed everything on that one/single page (I guess they were trying to save some poor trees or they were simply trying to cut down on costs :)).

Anyway, since USCIS informed you on the phone that they've sent out interview letters to you and your wife, I guess you will have a better clue when your spouse's interview letter (and the new one supposedly sent out to you) arrives.

Well, that's exactly what it says, it's a request for initial interview and it has a pretty generic list of stuff that I need to bring for the interview. Funny thing is my spouse (who is the actual lottery winner) did not get a letter yet. None of us got a biometric letter either. Today I called NCSC and I was told that I was sent a biometric letter yesterday. And after the call, my case status was changed, it still shows testing/interview but it also says that we were sent interview letters today (even though I already received my letter). So I don't really know what is going on.

When you got your interview letter, what was the actual wording? Did it say "interview" or "initial interview" ? The officer I talked to said that FO might have wanted ask some questions and that's why I was scheduled for interview ??

I forget my confirmation nb. for dv lotary 2013. can somebody to help my. thanks
check your documents again, once you lose that confirmation number it cannot be replaced. However, if you have a copy of your winning notification then you should be fine

aos13,

As sm1smom mentioned, you should wait for the new interview letters and then proceed accordingly

me neither... well mine is tomorrow though

even it does speed up a bit, it will be like a few days or a week.
its still February, we will get GC sooner or later.

btw, I found this chart, and its in German, but for those who is still checking Visa bulletin, it might be helpful
http://www.dv-info.site40.net/

Thanks everybody for their comments, I'm waiting for today's mail, then I'll write in detail.

The explanation in that german site does not say anything we don't know but the first sentence is interesting: every winner in the green card lottery becomes a so-called "case number". If this means that case numbers are given after the lottery, then there shouldn't be any "jumps" between cases since all of them would be consecutive. Adds more to the mystery of cut-off progression :)

i wouldn't worry about the word 'initial' attached to your interview letter. Just like Pryanik777 mentioned earlier, I think its referring to your actual interview. The FO seem to have different ways of wording and sending out interview letters. While some FOs send out individual interview letters to applicants from the same family, mine for instance, simply sent out one interview letter to cover the 4 people under our application(s) - all the names were listed on the one page letter we received. Also while some FOs attach a list of generic documents for applicants to bring along, my FO used tiny fonts in their letter and listed everything on that one/single page (I guess they were trying to save some poor trees or they were simply trying to cut down on costs :)).

Anyway, since USCIS informed you on the phone that they've sent out interview letters to you and your wife, I guess you will have a better clue when your spouse's interview letter (and the new one supposedly sent out to you) arrives.
So today we received my spouse's "initial" :p interview letter too. They were mailed the same day but arrived on different days. Still no biometrics letters. I'll wait two more days before calling them again.

Sm1smom; our interview letters also have the tiny fonted generic list on the same page. But we got a second sheet that goes on and on about what to bring if we were ever arrested. :eek: :)

My worries were mostly because I was (still am..) afraid that we were classified as one of the regular I-485s for spouses where you go to an interview, then a biometrics, then another interview, and possibly one more biometrics etc.etc. So I will wait for biometrics letter to arrive and then try a walk-in, and during walk-in I'll try to ask what the deal is. I would need an infopass though wouldn't I, otherwise they wouldn't have my case ready to answer any questions I guess.

Aos13,

You need to call the 800 customer service number and request to speak to level 2 representative about your biometric interviews. They will tell you when it has been scheduled.

Biometrics are scheduled by a different office while interviews scheduled by field office.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aos13,

You need to call the 800 customer service number and request to speak to level 2 representative about your biometric interviews. They will tell you when it has been should.

Biometrics are scheduled by a different office while interviews scheduled by field office.

I did that and I was told that the biometric letter was sent on Tuesday. So I'll wait couple of days before I'll call them again.

Emali53,

You are not late. If and when you do AOS you will have the option of notifying uscis to send your file back to the national benefits centre(NBC) for your wife's consular processing. Look at the dv12 AOS or dv11 aos forum as there is an individual who had follow to join. I think NBC notifies the embassy who schedule an interview for her. Look up posts by itmatters2012 in dv2012 AOS only forum as he did AOS for wife and self and cp for son.

All the same call KCC and ask them how to fill the forms as you have two different processes.
Doing AOS depending on your field office is a two month process. Thereafter your wife's will take at most two months if everything is in order.

Trying to schedule your interview with wife's at home may have logistics issues as you are subject to their interview schedule . You are in school and might be able to travel only during the holiday which might be summer break.

Having her travel for you to both complete AOS may lead to delays should she encounter any issues. Medical would need to be completed in the US. You also can only complete bios once you have filed.

Hello All,

Here is my situation, I am selected for DV 2013, and my number is 12XXX, which is current now in the visa bulletin for February.

I have not sent any forms to KCC, yet. So far, I have not done anything. My first question is am I late?

And my wife is in the overseas, and I live in the US. My wife can come here for July-August with her F2 visa, but until then, she will not be here in the US, and I have to go to school and will be here in the US.

Emali you are in a tight position. Where is your home/CP post? How complicated are the DV process there?

Ftj process is bit complicated. Last time I saw it here in 2010, 'capeolive' saga was nerve biting.
FO did not send the file to CP but to NBC for record keeping and storage!!
It was almost 4 mos after his card they were able to do CP, mid Sept.
See for yourself his journey....this was the end http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?297575-DV-2010-AOS-Only/page2&p=2227540#post2227540

Entering with F2 and filing i-485 is NOT advisable AT ALL!! Technically you need to wait at least 60 days (90 better) to get over the 'non-immigrant intent' clause BEFORE sending i485!. Talk to a lawyer if you plan to do that.

My advice....simple, go home do CP!

If Ftj, then follow above Cape's journey in DV 10 and see for yourself. (Clk his name then 'forum posts')

You may have time bit more than him at your hands.

Good Luck!

I think if his wife can come to US now, then I wouldnt think it would be a problem. I believe it would be the best option, doing AOS is lot easier and safe.

Does she have a F2 visa already?

Doing AOS here for him and CP for his wife is also an option but god forbid the process gets delayed, as with Ftj, then it would be a problem.

Doing CP for both is an option but for some reason if the dv visa not issued you may lose the current F1 visa too. F1 is non-immigrant visa and applying for a dv visa is immigrant intent. Both are not compatible.

Emali you are in a tight position. Where is your home/CP post? How complicated are the DV process there?

Ftj process is bit complicated. Last time I saw it here in 2010, 'capeolive' saga was nerve biting!!
FO did not send the file to CP but to NBC for record keeping and storage!!
It was almost 4 mos after his card they were able to do CP, mid Sept.!!
See for yourself his journey....this was the end http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?297575-DV-2010-AOS-Only/page2&p=2227540#post2227540

Entering with F2 and filing i-485 is NOT advisable AT ALL!! Technically you need to wait at least 60 (90 better) to get over the 'non-immigrant intent' clause. talk to a lawyer if you plan to do that.

My advice....simple, go home do CP!

If Ftj, then follow above Cape's journey in DV 10 and see for yourself. (Clk his name then 'forum posts')

You may have time bit more than him at your hands.

Good Luck!