• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

DV2013 winner - not any documents sent yet - confused with documents

Hi all,

This thread is super helpful on one hand but on the other hand after reading it for a while I am getting confused with when to send what...

So my case number is current for the Februar Bulletin. I have been told 'not' to send any documents before my case number is current... so here I am.
Sidenote: I also lost my original file number after I looked up the confirmation, but I still have the confirmation letter with the barcode, etc. (I also read in this forum that this should be ok) >>> is it?
-------------
What to do next: (And I know all of this has to happen quickly)

That's what i got from this forum - please correct me if something is wrong or missing.

1) Send documents DSP-122, DS-230 (part I and II) + 2 photographs + confirmation letter to Kentucky
Include letter mentioning AOS. (I currently have H1B)

2) Wait for reply from Kentucky? Or send application fee straight away? ($330 USD for 1 person?)

3) Wait for confirmation for AOS - supposedly get some documents from them?

4) File AOS form: I-485 to Kentucky (Is there another fee to pay?)

5) Get all documents ready (translations, police reports,...)

6) Do biometrical scan, Do medial exam

7) >> should get document from Kentucky with interview date

8) Go to interview

>> I would really appreciate any help on this. :)

See response below:

Hi all,

This thread is super helpful on one hand but on the other hand after reading it for a while I am getting confused with when to send what...

So my case number is current for the Februar Bulletin. I have been told 'not' to send any documents before my case number is current... so here I am.
Sidenote: I also lost my original file number after I looked up the confirmation, but I still have the confirmation letter with the barcode, etc. (I also read in this forum that this should be ok) >>> is it?
-------------
What to do next: (And I know all of this has to happen quickly)

That's what i got from this forum - please correct me if something is wrong or missing.

1) Send documents DSP-122, DS-230 (part I and II) + 2 photographs + confirmation letter to Kentucky
Include letter mentioning AOS. (I currently have H1B) - DSP-122 and 2 passport photos (with the confirmation bar code section of your notification letter) should have been sent to KCC once you confirmed your selection. However, it's not too late, so send those right away.

2) Wait for reply from Kentucky? Or send application fee straight away? ($330 USD for 1 person?) - Send the $330 DV payment to DOS right away. Link with payment instructions:

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html

3) Wait for confirmation for AOS - supposedly get some documents from them? - KCC will send confirmation acknowledging your choice of AOS process

- *Do Medical Exam right away

4) File AOS form: I-485 to Kentucky (Is there another fee to pay?) - Current in February? You can send in your I-485 form, plus the medical form and all other documents from February 1st. You will also need to include a check/money order in the sum of $1070 - AOS filing fee

5) Get all documents ready (translations, police reports,...) - This ought to have been taken care of before you send your I-485 package

6) Do biometrical scan, Do medial exam - Following acceptance of I-485 package, biometric notice will be sent to you with instructions on when and where to do the biometric. See response above regarding medical exam

7) >> should get document from Kentucky with interview date - FO will schedule interview and send you the notice.

8) Go to interview

>> I would really appreciate any help on this. :)

First of all, make sure you have copies of that DV selectee letter with barcode! If you have the pdf, great, otherwise make like 10 copies of it and keep them safe. If you don't have your confirmation number, that letter is the only proof.
This is pretty much repeat I guess but:

As others pointed out,

1) send your "DSP-122, DS-230 (part I and II) + 2 photographs + confirmation letter" to KCC right away.

2) Send the $330 to DOS in St. Louis right away, make sure it is a money order or cashier's check and do not forget the self-addressed self-stamped envelope so that you receive the receipt.

3) Do your medicals right away, find a doctor from USCIS list of doctors and get an appt. today.

4) Start collecting all other documents, birth cert, high school dipl. etc. There is plenty of info on this thread regarding what people send, read them.

5) When you have your medical done and collected all your docs and their certified English translations, fill I-485 and related forms, and double-triple check your packet (again info on this thread), then send everything to Chicago lockbox. Last thing you want is a returned packet because you missed something, as simple as a signature.

6) Sit and relax (I should do that myself!)

aos13,

Do you think the "level 1" customer service rep may have information about status of the biometrics letter? I remember you receiving this information recently.

aos13,

Do you think the "level 1" customer service rep may have information about status of the biometrics letter? I remember you receiving this information recently.

I don't think so, he said that they can send service request to FO if it's been more than 30 days and I think that's pretty much all they can do. I did ask for somebody who can look at my case and was routed to a "level 2" person (they don't call it "level 2" actually, they call them immigration officers or something to that effect, I don't know whether they are actually IOs like in a FO) and he was able to tell me that I was sent a biometric letter.

I haven't checked today's mail yet but I haven't received a bio letter so far. I did receive an interview letter though, and maybe he was mistakenly referring to that, I don't know.

She can't come unfortunately for now since she can't leave her job. She will be able to leave her job for an unpaid leave in December, but she just can't now. And also coming here with F2, we may have to wait the 60-90 days, which gives us less time.

I talked to local CIS, and they told me if I explain the situation when I submit forms, that they can expedite the process. The best thing for now looks like I do AOS here, and she does CP later. I can't go for long time for school, and she can't come because of her work.

So, I sent the AOS fee by mail, on 2/7, and doing the medical now. By next week 2/15, I should be able to fedex I-485 package, then wait for the fingerprint... we will see how it goes. hopefully, everything goes smooth.

Hopefully, we will make it before Sept. 30 deadline...

I think if his wife can come to US now, then I wouldnt think it would be a problem. I believe it would be the best option, doing AOS is lot easier and safe.

Does she have a F2 visa already?

Doing AOS here for him and CP for his wife is also an option but god forbid the process gets delayed, as with Ftj, then it would be a problem.

Doing CP for both is an option but for some reason if the dv visa not issued you may lose the current F1 visa too. F1 is non-immigrant visa and applying for a dv visa is immigrant intent. Both are not compatible.

I haven't checked today's mail yet but I haven't received a bio letter so far. I did receive an interview letter though, and maybe he was mistakenly referring to that, I don't know.

We got the bio letters :D He was correct after all. The online case status check on the other hand is a joke. It says we have an interview at NBC :) Some people mentioned earlier that they were supposed to fill a form for the bio, I didn't receive anything like that, it just indicates to bring an ID, is that all?

She can't come unfortunately for now since she can't leave her job. She will be able to leave her job for an unpaid leave in December, but she just can't now. And also coming here with F2, we may have to wait the 60-90 days, which gives us less time.

Don't even think about that option. Imho, it will be next to impossible to justify after your DV winning.

I am pretty sure you are able to concurrently file i485 and i824 Ftj form. Dbl chk that.
Hope you will get an 'educated' IO who know how to act upon your 824 once you are approved!

However, make sure you are informed with all the 'finer' details/prints re. AoS/FtJ/CP.

Chk these for a start.....http://www.hooyou.com/news/news062410join.html
http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/familybasedimmigration/following-to-join-benefits.html

Best!

You fill the form in at the ASC before your biometrics.

Pryanik :)

We got the bio letters :D He was correct after all. The online case status check on the other hand is a joke. It says we have an interview at NBC :) Some people mentioned earlier that they were supposed to fill a form for the bio, I didn't receive anything like that, it just indicates to bring an ID, is that all?

Be prepared to write your heights in ft and inch. your weight in pounds. it is still hard for me to adjust myself to non-metric units!

Also hair and eye color.

The rest is just simple name, address questions.

Cool. Can you tell me what info they are asking for so we go prepared?

Cool. Can you tell me what info they are asking for so we go prepared?

if you have a drivers licence, you can just copy the info (height/weight/eye,hair color),
what you need is original bio letter and photo ID (I used my drivers licence, or you can use your passport)
Also, I think you cannot bring cell phone (or digital camera) in field office.

Hopefully, we will make it before Sept. 30 deadline...

Make sure to follow all the steps mentioned by everyone on this thread! Good luck!!

Cool, you received the bio letter! Are you thinking about walk-in?

When we can file the AOS?

Now, you should send DSP122+ barcode letter to KCC
and pay AOS fee which is 330 for each of you so the total is 660$
and when your number current file the AOS for you and your wife

Hi,

I am confused with when we can file AOS. for example if in visa bulletin they announce that our number will be current on july, we should wait for 1th july to file AOS? or exactly after the announcement we can file and have interview at the beginning of july?

Thanks

Hi,

I have a question, if they announce on 15th May that my case number is current for july, should i wait till 1th july to file AOS, or I can do it on 16th May?

Thanks

Visa bulletin tells you on which month a visa number is available and can be assigned to your case. Your application can arrive from the first day of the month (which you became current) at the Chicago lock box. Be carful! sometimes even if you send it one day earlier, they might reject it. So answer your question clearly, the reference is not the date that visa bulletin is published. It is the first day of the month in which your case is current.

Good luck,

Hi,

I have a question, if they announce on 15th May that my case number is current for july, should i wait till 1th july to file AOS, or I can do it on 16th May?

Thanks