• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

If the May bulletin indicates you're current in July, you can send your I-485 package to the Chicago Lockbox on June 28th (last business day of the month) for next business day delivery which means it gets delivered on July 1st. Or you can wait until July 1st and send it whenever you feel like (you're not obligated to use a one day delivery method). Like loadvas wrote, just make sure your package does not get delivered one day earlier than it should or it might get returned back to you.

Hi,

I have a question, if they announce on 15th May that my case number is current for july, should i wait till 1th july to file AOS, or I can do it on 16th May?

Thanks

Pryanik777, loladvas13, rnotk, thanks for the biometrics form info. At some point there was a discussion about listing jobs in a biometrics form? Is there such a thing?

Lucky8812,
As long as you do not list it on your biometrics form or bring it up during the net review you will be okay, my two cents.

varxx, I will try a walk-in this Friday. I'll let you know how it goes.

I don't remember if they asked this on that form. Most of the asked information was about your appearance: skin color, hair color, eyes color, height, weight, age...

Job information is like out of place but I don't remember, maybe someone else does.

Pryanik :)

Pryanik777, loladvas13, rnotk, thanks for the biometrics form info. At some point there was a discussion about listing jobs in a biometrics form? Is there such a thing?

Last edited by a moderator:

Aos13,

Was referring to biographics form 325 that you sent in with your I-485.

I see from the previous years thread that some people received the interview letter on or before bio date. How does it work? When do the file from NBC goes to the FO?

I read the instructions for the i-485, and it mentions the requirement for "police clearance" if you need to submit an "i-485 supplement". Does a person doing AOS based on DV lottery winning need to fill out one of these supplemental forms? Did the CIS ask any of you to submit such clearance?

Hello Adamkiaa,

It is not required for AOS as long as your profile is clean I guess. We were not required to submit them before or during the interview.

Pryanik :)

I read the instructions for the i-485, and it mentions the requirement for "police clearance" if you need to submit an "i-485 supplement". Does a person doing AOS based on DV lottery winning need to fill out one of these supplemental forms? Did the CIS ask any of you to submit such clearance?

I agree with Pryanik777, you "most likely" don't need one unless you have something to be cleared.

At least according to my lawyer, I did not submit additional document, since my background in my home country should be checked when I applied the VISA to come to US, and further background check (criminal history in the US) will be done by FBI (BIO appointment).
But I am not sure there are any difference in required document(s) based on the country of origin in this case (so I said "most likely").

Does anyone know when your medical expires?
I did mine in June 2012 and my number is 2013EU00026***.
In January, Europe's cut-off rank is 13,400

Does it mean I'll be current in June-July? Won't my medical be expired by then? :confused:

Europe did a big jump according to the lastest bulletin. You should become current earlier than what you think...

I'm still confused on one issue and need clarification.

Let's say my number becomes current in May, which will be announced in the April bulletin posted around the 10th of March. When can I send my I-485 packet with I-765? Is it on the 1st of April or the 1st of May? Please advise, it is very crucial in my case.

Thanks a million

I'm still confused on one issue and need clarification.

Let's say my number becomes current in May, which will be announced in the April bulletin posted around the 10th of March. When can I send my I-485 packet with I-765? Is it on the 1st of April or the 1st of May? Please advise, it is very crucial in my case.

Thanks a million

Your package must be received on the 1st of May or after..not before :)

If you're current in June don't take the chance to send the package just before your visa expires. You should switch to CP.