• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

same here, waiting is hard!

This thread is getting quite as only few are left

Congrats darkelf! I guess beauty is in the eye of the cardholder :D

Thanks Priyanik777 and Sm1smom, I know we have to be patient, I just don't like the wait.

I think next gonna be me. I have my interview next week on wednesday. I hope it goes smooth.

I will update you guys once I am done.

Hope you also hear soon for the rest of your processes.

same here, waiting is hard!

This thread is getting quite as only few are left

Green, Green, Green

Got our Green Cards today! :D. So excited!!

Good luck to the rest of you guys on this journey!

I have a question, can we go to a different ASC, not assigned to us? I read it somewhere that some people were allowed to do so.

Yes you can. There is a FO 200m from where I work (in Queens) different from what the letter says (Brooklyn). I went there during lunch time last week to ask them if I could do biometrics there instead of Brooklyn. The attendant said yes, he even proposed to do it right away. I didn't have my passport I politely told him I couldn't do it right now. I ended up going to Brooklyn (by superstition:eek:) the day after.

congrats to all those who got their cards :)
I was looking at the statistics of dv2012, there were only 34K people issued GC. I couldn't understand this number especially with the high demand (fast cut off progression).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this totally justifies the fast cut-off progress. It sounds like there had been a huge gap between case numbers. This year, probably winners have received much closer case numbers. And as the cut-offs do small jumps every month, many people are going for interviews. I am saying this because I have also looked at other forums that people are doing CP process mainly. You should also not forget the mess that happened last year with the second draw. Many winners who were selected in the second draw never found out about the results. I think thats the reason for slower progress this year.

congrats to all those who got their cards :)
I was looking at the statistics of dv2012, there were only 33K people issued GC. I couldn't understand this number especially with the high demand (fast cut off progression).

The exact number of visas issued in the diversity category for the fiscal year 2012 was 34,463.
Here are some archived statistics about immigrant visas issued
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/statistics/statistics_5861.html
Look at this one in particular:
http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY12AnnualReport-TableVII.pdf

It is peculiar. On the other hand, it explains fast cutoff I guess; there were simply less cases to process. Apparently whole bunch of people just chose not to pursue the application?? I don't think it has anything to do with the case numbers, those should be evenly distributed since it's a random draw.

loladvas13 said:
Many winners who were selected in the second draw never found out about the results.
Pretty much everybody received e-mails to check again. It was such a mess that it is hard to believe people weren't aware of it. Anyways why should it be a reason for slower progress this year? DV2012 is over.

Well, you are right about the reminder email. But for many people that email was sent very late toward the end of the program. I personally know a few people that received this email so late. They had no opportunity to do a CP process.

It is peculiar. On the other hand, it explains fast cutoff I guess; there were simply less cases to process. Apparently whole bunch of people just chose not to pursue the application?? I don't think it has anything to do with the case numbers, those should be evenly distributed since it's a random draw.

Pretty much everybody received e-mails to check again. It was such a mess that it is hard to believe people weren't aware of it. Anyways why should it be a reason for slower progress this year? DV2012 is over.

Kazore, If I cannot get a walk-in in NJ, I will try it over the places you mentioned.
I know you mentioned about an attorney helping you with the process, I need to ask if you received the I-797C receipt or your attorney did? and how about the biometrics letter?

Yes you can. There is a FO 200m from where I work (in Queens) different from what the letter says (Brooklyn). I went there during lunch time last week to ask them if I could do biometrics there instead of Brooklyn. The attendant said yes, he even proposed to do it right away. I didn't have my passport I politely told him I couldn't do it right now. I ended up going to Brooklyn (by superstition:eek:) the day after.