• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

I heard it depends on the ASC, some do and others dont. I guess it depends on the people who work at these ASC's.

I have a question, can we go to a different ASC, not assigned to us? I read it somewhere that some people were allowed to do so.

My ASC was Alexandria, VA where we did our walk-ins bio last week. they have not asked us any single things. The office was quite and we finished our bio within 10-15 minutes. Obviously, we went during the later part of the office time, 3:20PM.

You will have the tracking number by the end of the day! Congratulations!!! :)

Pryanik :)
Thanks Pryanik. It has updated. I believe I should get the card by saturday. Surprisingly enough I haven't got the welcome letter yet (They apparently mailed it last friday when I did the interview).

My ASC was Alexandria, VA where we did our walk-ins bio last week. they have not asked us any single things. The office was quite and we finished our bio within 10-15 minutes. Obviously, we went during the later part of the office time, 3:20PM.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Do you guys think it is better to go later than earlier for a walk-in ?

Congrats Kazore, for successful walk-in!!

I just saw it in the spreadsheet. Congrats! Please share the details with us.

thank you. The Application Support Center in Brooklyn, is in a mostly empty/abandoned shopping center. I passed by without seeing it. I was looking for an USCIS logo but there was nothing. I arrived around 10, I just showed the letter to the guard and he said that was ok. I had to wait around 30mn. It didn't look extremely busy.
When it was finished the attendant gave me back the letter with a yellow sheet. He told me to put the sheet in the brown urn after I was done. I just put the sheet directly in the box without filling it out :eek:, I realized just after it was a satisfaction survey.

Case Status updates!!

FYI,
I talked to a USCIS representative today about not showing up our case status online, even 'acceptance' status, and I was told that we need to wait 30-45 days from the date that they received our application packages. If the status will not show up within 45 days, I can call them again for the details. So, I hope, this issue will be solved before that deadline.

Jay2013

FYI,
I talked to a USCIS representative today about not showing up our case status online, even 'acceptance' status, and I was told that we need to wait 30-45 days from the date that they received our application packages. If the status will not show up within 45 days, I can call them again for the details. So, I hope, this issue will be solved before that deadline.

Jay2013

People get their green cards in 45 days! :eek: Did you tell them you already did get the NOA ? They may not realize that this is a DV lottery application, regular applications do take longer.

People get their green cards in 45 days! :eek: Did you tell them you already did get the NOA ? They may not realize that this is a DV lottery application, regular applications do take longer.

Thanks for the response. Yes, that is true!!. I told her about DV lottery application and also told received NOA on 19th Jan. I forgot to tell her that we also completed biometrics too. I dont understand that whatever that "online checking system" works. I hope, it will not seriously cause delay in processing.

Thanks for the response. Yes, that is true!!. I told her about DV lottery application and also told received NOA on 19th Jan. I forgot to tell her that we also completed biometrics too. I dont understand that whatever that "online checking system" works. I hope, it will not seriously cause delay in processing.

You at least got biometrics done. I haven't received the letter yet. I'll call them on Monday. The online case check really seems irrelevant. I guess it is just a way of managing the volume of the calls.

You at least got biometrics done. I haven't received the letter yet. I'll call them on Monday. The online case check really seems irrelevant. I guess it is just a way of managing the volume of the calls.

Sorry aos13!! I hope you will receive your biometric letter soon. Seems you also received NOA via email even one day earlier than mine, but have not received your biometric letter yet. It is very hard to predict the time line. Hope everything will be okay as time goes by.

For those stressing over the fact that their case status is not showing up online, we've told you before there is nothing unusual about that. The fact that you've received the Bio notice is enough prove that your case is progressing accordingly, of course this is not to say that the case of those who haven't received Bio notice isn't progressing accordingly either. USCIS is not quite diligent with updating the case status page until after the interview stage.

My case status didn't show up online until after doing my Biometrics, and when it did it simply showed up at the Acceptance stage where it stayed until after my interview. Immediately following my interview, it jumped to "Post Decision Activity", the next day it went back to "Decision", a day later it was showing up as "Post Decision Activity" and the following day it moved on to "Card/Document Production". So again, I say stop stressing about the Case Status for now, your cases are most likely moving on accordingly, whatever delay you're facing at this stage probably has to do with your FO.

Just make sure you sign up for "Case Status Updates" from the "My Case Status" link once you have your receipt number. You will get updates whenever your case gets updated and you wouldn't even have to be checking that website every couple of hours to find out if there's an update or not.

Thanks Sm1smom!! for the info.

For those stressing over the fact that their case status is not showing up online, we've told you before there is nothing unusual about that. The fact that you've received the Bio notice is enough prove that your case is progressing accordingly, of course this is not to say that the case of those who haven't received Bio notice isn't progressing accordingly either. USCIS is not quite diligent with updating the case status page until after the interview stage.

My case status didn't show up online until after doing my Biometrics, and when it did it simply showed up at the Acceptance stage where it stayed until after my interview. Immediately following my interview, it jumped to "Post Decision Activity", the next day it went back to "Decision", a day later it was showing up as "Post Decision Activity" and the following day it moved on to "Card/Document Production". So again, I say stop stressing about the Case Status for now, your cases are most likely moving on accordingly, whatever delay you're facing at this stage probably has to do with your FO.

Just make sure you sign up for "Case Status Updates" from the "My Case Status" link once you have your receipt number. You will get updates whenever your case gets updated and you wouldn't even have to be checking that website every couple of hours to find out if there's an update or not.

Exactly!

Guys you should take some time and read the posts from October/November 2012!

Pryanik :)

Guys, guys! I got my card, it is beautiful.

Funnily enough, I got the card, the welcome letter and the EAD card (which I guess is useless) on the same day!

It is TAX time, try get some extra benefits (refunds) with your new SS number/s

This is mainly for AoS ppl.
(not only DV but any category, so share accordingly with others)

It is TAX time and now you are a PR (or not just yet), but Uncle Sam may owe you big money ,for real!!

Every tax season since when I won DV, I wonder how many who get GC or just EAD (any GC category) know that you can claim and get money from IRS ‘Retroactively’?!!

Chk for more info
http://forums.immigration.com/showt...th-your-new-SS-number-s&p=2606458#post2606458

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, guys! I got my card, it is beautiful.

Funnily enough, I got the card, the welcome letter and the EAD card (which I guess is useless) on the same day!

Congrats darkelf! I guess beauty is in the eye of the cardholder :D

Thanks Priyanik777 and Sm1smom, I know we have to be patient, I just don't like the wait.