• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Congratulations Pryanik, thank you very much for all your answers.

Hello,

I just wanted to say that we were approved on the spot!!! We were asked for originals of birth certificate, marriage certificate and documents showing shared bills, bank accounts, insurance or things like that. Interviewer was supernice. It took about 20 minutes with the questions, documents, and the information she was entering in the system.

Thanks to everybody for your support and I wish you all to get your permanent resident status soon!

Pryanik :)

Congratulations I guess you're not lost anymore now:D

I had my interview about two hours ago... My experience was quite different than what most of you have shared - so here it goes:
I arrived about 50 minutes early, they notified my interviewer; and then I waited for about 10 minutes and was called in. She asked for my interview letter and my passport. Then we went over my I-485 form. She asked me the school I go to, and my major. She asked me if I traveled outside the U.S. during this process or failed to maintain my F-1 status. Once we completely went over I-485 including those yes/no questions at the very end, she took off the I-94 form from my passport and gave my passport back. She did not ask for any other documents, she did not ask for any of the items that were listed on the interview letter. She said she will be entering my information into the system and unless there happens to be a conflict I should have my green card in my hand in a couple of weeks, and then walked me out to the common area.
So, I guess, all I can do after all is to wait and see :)
Good luck to the rest of you out there!

Dear all, finally we have the letter today!!

I was wondering that USCIS interview letter ask for all transcript from all school attended in the US, this is a must ? A master diploma is not ok? If we need to bring transcript, it will be a long process since i have to get from few different schools, like 3.. Please advise?

ALso, it asked for IRS Form 1722 or IRS printout, what are these?? I need to have them?

Thank you for supporting!!

varxx,

you received the right form. this is the receipt that you supposed to have for your interview.

good luck,

thanks Sm1smom!

what do we receive from Department of State after submitting the DV payment? I received the form that I sent along with the payment and it has a received stamp on it. Do we get any other receipt? if so how does it look?

Thanks!

thanks loladvas13!

so we send the copy of it and take the original to the interview right.

I see that the time gap between the biometrics completed and interview letter you received was too long, I wonder why?

Also next week we would be sending our I-485 and other forms and documents to USCIS, my lawyer says that package of myself and my wife's are sent separately. If any couples who have applied earlier to us, please let us know how you guys proceeded.

varxx,

you received the right form. this is the receipt that you supposed to have for your interview.

good luck,

Yes, Just send the copy. keep the original with yourself for the interview.

There was a considerably large gap between the bio and interview letter for me and another forum member. This is because our field offices experience a large number of applicants. So, their processing times are behind many other offices.

thanks loladvas13!

I see that the time gap between the biometrics completed and interview letter you received was too long, I wonder why?

Also next week we would be sending our I-485 and other forms and documents to USCIS, my lawyer says that package of myself and my wife's are sent separately. If any couples who have applied earlier to us, please let us know how you guys proceeded.

thanks loladvas13!

As already mentioned by Loladvas, keep the originals for your interview. As for the couples' question, our I-485s went together in the same package, this is how our attorney did it.

thanks Pryanik! I need to talk to my attorney then.

As already mentioned by Loladvas, keep the originals for your interview. As for the couples' question, our I-485s went together in the same package, this is how our attorney did it.

Sms1mom,

Thank you for directing people to the spreadsheet. I despaired as it appeared I was pushing ppl to it yet it was for the benefit of future aos13 DV winners.

Your responses to posters has been spot on. If we could award medals for dv2013 AOS questions you would be top on the list. Continue with the same spirit though we may not acknowledge it as frequently as we should.

Dear all, finally we have the letter today!!

I was wondering that USCIS interview letter ask for all transcript from all school attended in the US, this is a must ? A master diploma is not ok? If we need to bring transcript, it will be a long process since i have to get from few different schools, like 3.. Please advise?

ALso, it asked for IRS Form 1722 or IRS printout, what are these?? I need to have them?

Thank you for supporting!!

Congratulations on receiving your interview letter.

If your letter specifically asks for transcripts from all schools attended in the US, then I think you should make the effort to get those starting from the High School. It's unusual, but your FO must have a reason for requesting it. The good thing is, getting transcripts from US schools is not quite as stressful compared to getting them from your home country (I'm assuming it will be as tough as getting from my home country :D).

The IRS Form 1722 (Verification of Nonfiling), is an official IRS letter confirming that a taxpayer did not file taxes for a particular tax year.
If you've not been filling taxes, you will need to request for this by by completing IRS Form 4506-T, checking the box marked "Verification of Non-filing" and mailing it to the IRS, or by calling the IRS at 1-800-829-1040. You can save on time by calling, because the IRS can actually fax the Verification of Non-Filing to you within a short period of time. However, if you've been filing taxes then your W-2 will suffice in place of the IRS printout. It's important to have either of those for your interview since your letter asked for them. But the interesting thing is they may not even be looked at when you show up for your interview.

Good luck!

To echo Loladvas and Pryanik, yes keep the original receipt for your interview and send the copy with your payment.

Pryanik's response regarding the I-485 packages for you and your wife is absolutely correct. Those packages should be sent together as one (in the same mailing pack). If your lawyer knows what he/she is doing, he/she should know that the spouse's I-485 id dependent upon the main/principal applicant's.

Sms1mom,

Thank you for directing people to the spreadsheet. I despaired as it appeared I was pushing ppl to it yet it was for the benefit of future aos13 DV winners.

Your responses to posters has been spot on. If we could award medals for dv2013 AOS questions you would be top on the list. Continue with the same spirit though we may not acknowledge it as frequently as we should.

Oh wow! Now I'm turning red :eek:, except I'm so dark-skinned, it's difficult to see the redness!

But thanks for validating my responses. It's been a pleasure to be of help to members of this forum, I've also learnt from others too and I believe in the spirit of "passing it on"

May I join this forum??

I am also DV2013 winner and in the process of AOS right now, and I just want to say thank you all for providing experience since there are rarely any information about DV winner with AOS.