• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Good luck to everyone with incoming interviews :)

As of today, me and my wife are still waiting for the interview letter, we are going crazy now(be patient..), don't know why it takes so long. We had our fingerprint on 11/8/12, and now still have no news. Miami Field is taking it so slowly because of too many immigration cases..?

I check the case status, but still "not found".

Does anyone know beside calling USCIS for case status, what else I should call and ask more information? Call FBI to see if they finish reviewing the background check??

Thanks.

Balm2013

Last edited by a moderator:
When you call USCIS, do you request to speak with a Level 2 Officer? The guys who normally answer the phone see the same thing as yourself when you personally check online, hence the need to speak with a level 2 personnel who has access to what you can't see online.

On the other hand, yes, you should go ahead and also call the FBI to find out the status of your FP/background check.

Good luck to everyone with incoming interviews :)

As of today, me and my wife are still waiting for the interview letter, we are going crazy now(be patient..), don't know why it takes so long. We had our fingerprint on 11/8/12, and now still have no news. Miami Field is taking it so slowly because of too many immigration cases..?

I check the case status, but still "not found".

Does anyone know beside calling USCIS for case status, what else I should call and ask more information? Call FBI to see if they finish reviewing the background check??

Thanks.

Balm2013

Hey Guys,

Hope everyone is hanging in there!!

I have few questions to ask while filling out the I-485

Where do you find the visa number on F1 visa?
My wife is a principal applicant so she would opt for "h" on second question and myself as a dependent would choose "b" right?

Thanks and Good luck to everyone!!

Visa number is the red number on your non-immigrant visa. It is not the control number! Some people confuse them.

About the second question, I think you are correct with selecting b for the dependent.

Hey Guys,

My wife is a principal applicant so she would opt for "h" on second question and myself as a dependent would choose "b" right?

Hey Guys,

That's what I did, I also attached a continuation sheet explaining "b" and attaching a copy of the lottery letter. You also need to write "DV LOTTERY WINNER LOTTERY LETTER ATTACHED" as for "h" for the principal applicant. Did anybody write the case number on every sheet, I saw it as a suggestion somewhere but we didn't do it.

Guys,

Time for chilled cold beer. Got our GC on mail today. All those candidate , don't worry take your time and relax . Just follow the steps and everybody will be greened.

thanks
actodc00

Guys,

Time for chilled cold beer. Got our GC on mail today. All those candidate , don't worry take your time and relax . Just follow the steps and everybody will be greened.

thanks
actodc00

Congratulations!!, once again. I am happy for you and your family.

Guys,

thanks
actodc00

Congratulations!! I am happy to hear that!
I have a question for you and hope you have any suggestion for me. Your case# is AS1300 something and mine is AS400 something. I have done Bio on 8th of November but haven't received interview letter yet. However, you had the interview and got Green Card. I am so worried that my case was skipped. I talked to my lawyer and he said, the process takes 1-3 months after Bio is done and this is normal.
What can i do at this point? should i just wait?

Thank you

chokolate,

I had similar case to you. I had my bio done on November 11. I received my interview letter 1 week ago. If you look at the stats for 2010 and 2011, sometimes it can take up to 5 months. It really depends on how busy your field office is. I read online about my field office and it is among the busiest USCIS offices in the country.

So, my suggestion to you is to be patient. You should hear from them soon. You can also contact NBC or go for and infopass to track your application, just to make sure it is not skipped or anything like that.

Congratulations!! I am happy to hear that!
I have a question for you and hope you have any suggestion for me. Your case# is AS1300 something and mine is AS400 something. I have done Bio on 8th of November but haven't received interview letter yet. However, you had the interview and got Green Card. I am so worried that my case was skipped. I talked to my lawyer and he said, the process takes 1-3 months after Bio is done and this is normal.
What can i do at this point? should i just wait?

Thank you

submitting I-485 after expiration of Visa

Hie members i need clarification, my number is very high might become current may be current in July, but by that time my visa will be expired. I have already submitted the forms to KCC and the paid the fee to DOS my visa hasnt expired yet, write now am busy collecting info on all documents- medical etc..

I wanted to find out that will they accept my I 485 form when i submit it when my visa is expired? Please i need your answers and what i can do about it.

To be eligible for AOS you must be on a valid visa the whole time you are staying here in america until your interview. So, I think if your visa expires before your interview (and you can not extend your visa by OPT or something else) you should consider switching to CP process. I suggest you to consult with and immigration attorney for this matter.

Hie members i need clarification, my number is very high might become current may be current in July, but by that time my visa will be expired. I have already submitted the forms to KCC and the paid the fee to DOS my visa hasnt expired yet, write now am busy collecting info on all documents- medical etc..

I wanted to find out that will they accept my I 485 form when i submit it when my visa is expired? Please i need your answers and what i can do about it.

Hello,

I just wanted to say that we were approved on the spot!!! We were asked for originals of birth certificate, marriage certificate and documents showing shared bills, bank accounts, insurance or things like that. Interviewer was supernice. It took about 20 minutes with the questions, documents, and the information she was entering in the system.

Thanks to everybody for your support and I wish you all to get your permanent resident status soon!

Pryanik :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I just wanted to say that we were approved on the spot!!! We were asked for originals of birth certificate, marriage certificate and documents showing shared bills, bank accounts, insurance or things like that. Interviewer was supernice. It took about 20 minutes with the questions, documents, and the information she was entering in the system.

Thanks to everybody for your support and I wish you all to get your permanent resident status soon!

Congrats!!!!
Keep in touch!!!

Congrats!

Hello,