• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Hello all,
Just got my biometrics letter. I had a couple of questions:

1. The SSN box is empty? I do have an SSN # which I did fill in the documents.

2. What is a TCR because that box is blank for me...

Thanks!

Hello all,
Just got my biometrics letter. I had a couple of questions:

1. The SSN box is empty? I do have an SSN # which I did fill in the documents.

2. What is a TCR because that box is blank for me...

Thanks!

Hello Darkelf,

I also have SSN but it was not stated in my acceptance and biometrics notifications. TCR in biometrics letter is also empty... Probably this does not matter since they already assigned an Alien Number to us. It would be interesting to know about other cases.

Pryanik :)

No Biometric Apt yet !! :((

CN: 2013EU00006XXX
10/21/11: Entry to DV lottery
05/22/12: 1st NL (Letter dated 05/01/2012)
05/30/12: mailed DSP-122 to KCC
06/10/12: DSP-122 Received by KCC
06/13/12: DV Payment Mailed ($660 for me and my wife)
06/14/12: DV Payment Received by DOS
06/19/12: Adjustment Letter Confirmation Received
06/20/12: DV Payment Receipt Received
10/01/12: Medical Exam
10/29/12: I-485 Package Received at Chicago LockBox - Express
11/14/12: NOA Received (Text & Email)
11/16/12: NOA Received by regular Mail

Hey guys, no news for my biometrics. Also I was current in November and my application arrived to chicago on October 29th is there or it will be an issue in the future or it is fine since I received my NOA?
Thanks

Help plz!!! AOS questions

Hi all,

I got DV2013, and I'm doing OPT in the US now.
My attorney suggested me not to do AOS, he said AOS always need to wait maybe over a year.
But this year, Asia cut off number is running super slow....my case is AS72**....
I'm wondering if i can do AOS now? is it too late to apply AOS???
Please help me and give me some suggestions!!! Thank you so much!

Debbie

Hello Darkelf,

I also have SSN but it was not stated in my acceptance and biometrics notifications. TCR in biometrics letter is also empty... Probably this does not matter since they already assigned an Alien Number to us. It would be interesting to know about other cases.

Thanks Pryanik. Let us see what other people say. I thought the way it worked was that you kept the same SSN even after the process completes successfully. If that was the case, why wouldn't they put the number in there..?

CN: 2013EU00006XXX
10/21/11: Entry to DV lottery
05/22/12: 1st NL (Letter dated 05/01/2012)
05/30/12: mailed DSP-122 to KCC
06/10/12: DSP-122 Received by KCC
06/13/12: DV Payment Mailed ($660 for me and my wife)
06/14/12: DV Payment Received by DOS
06/19/12: Adjustment Letter Confirmation Received
06/20/12: DV Payment Receipt Received
10/01/12: Medical Exam
10/29/12: I-485 Package Received at Chicago LockBox - Express
11/14/12: NOA Received (Text & Email)
11/16/12: NOA Received by regular Mail

Hey guys, no news for my biometrics. Also I was current in November and my application arrived to chicago on October 29th is there or it will be an issue in the future or it is fine since I received my NOA?
Thanks

It should get here in a week or two. I don't think the application getting there earlier is any more an issue considering that you already got a Notice saying it was Accepted.

Thanks Pryanik. Let us see what other people say. I thought the way it worked was that you kept the same SSN even after the process completes successfully. If that was the case, why wouldn't they put the number in there..?

HI Darkelf!

Something I am 100% sure is that we keep our SSN, this number will be associated with us forever even if we go to live somewhere else and if we come back to the US we have to use it again. However, it is surprising that they haven't put it in our notifications being this number related to our legal status in the USA.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who are still waiting for the interview letters, try to check your I-485 case status. I just did it and my status changed directly to testing and interview tab. The status message shows the date the appointment notice being mailed as well as the appointment date. Good luck :)

What I have seen is that my I-131 and I-765 (filed concurrently with I-485) have been approved and mailed. There is still no information available for I-485.

Hey folks. I am trying to fill the forms but I am stucked with couple of parts.
i-485:
1.in Part 1: under the address parts there is a section " C/O (in care of)". What is this? What should I write?
2. in Part 2, application type? which one apply to an f-1 holder who is doing AOS?
g-325:
1."this form is submitted in connection with an application for?" section must be "status as permanent residence"?

Hi everyone,

My receipt number for I-485 is finally active. The tracking system shows the case in the "Acceptance" stage. I hope it is a good sign that the FO is finally doing something.

Hey folks. I am trying to fill the forms but I am stucked with couple of parts.
i-485:
1.in Part 1: under the address parts there is a section " C/O (in care of)". What is this? What should I write?
2. in Part 2, application type? which one apply to an f-1 holder who is doing AOS?
g-325:
1."this form is submitted in connection with an application for?" section must be "status as permanent residence"?

I-485
1. In the C/O box you can either leave it blank or put your first and last name again, I put my name
2. I selected "h" and added the note "Diversity Visa Lottery Winner. Copy of lottery letter attached."

G325
1. Correct! Status as permanent resident.

Hi everyone,

My receipt number for I-485 is finally active. The tracking system shows the case in the "Acceptance" stage. I hope it is a good sign that the FO is finally doing something.

Congratulations Loladvas! You'll surely hear from them soon!

Vacation during I485 process

Short question - Can I go on vacation (Canada) during my I-485 is in progress?
I guess no -cause I sent a copy of my visa with my last Date of entry and this would be different then?

It is not advisable to travel out of the country once the I-485 has been submitted, unless you included the advance Parole form in your package and the form has been approved.

Short question - Can I go on vacation (Canada) during my I-485 is in progress?
I guess no -cause I sent a copy of my visa with my last Date of entry and this would be different then?

It is not advisable to travel out of the country once the I-485 has been submitted, unless you included the advance Parole form in your package and the form has been approved.

In fact, I believe that traveling out is indication that you have abandoned your Green Card application...