• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

making checks for I 485

Hagitmer,

I think this depends on how each officer handles files. We received acceptance confirmation of my wife's application and mine exactly at the same time. Maybe you just need to wait some more time and try calling USCIS again on Monday.

Pryanik :)

Hagitmer and Pryanik,

What I understand from you guy's conversation is that I cannot make a single check for all my family (my wife, myself and my daughter) while submitting I 485? right?

I believe you absolutely can! I included a single check covering 4 people/applications in my family, and they all got approved the same day.

What I understand from you guy's conversation is that I cannot make a single check for all my family (my wife, myself and my daughter) while submitting I 485? right?

Hagitmer and Pryanik,

We sent two checks (for wife and for me). It is what I have always observed from others' experiences and it's what our attorney adviced us.

Hi everyone,

Sorry to bother again but I just want to update that I just got the package back from the USCIS and apparently my request has been rejected since: "priority date could not be established. Please resubmit your application with the proper documentation. The following documentation may be provided:
I-130
I-140
I-360
I-797
or other evidence that an immigration has been filed/approved on your behalf"

As a reminder, I'm on a J1 visa and my husband won the DV lottery and is already in the process of adjusting his status. When I filed my I-485 I check the 'b' box in part 2 of the application.

Do you guys have any idea what's wrong? Thanks again for all your help, it's highly appreciated.

Hagitmer,

You're on a J1 visa, does the 2-year home residence requirement apply to you? If so, did you get the corresponding waiver from USCIS before submiting your I-485?

Hagitmer,

You're on a J1 visa, does the 2-year home residence requirement apply to you? If so, did you get the corresponding waiver from USCIS before submiting your I-485?

Thanks for the quick response. The 2 year rule doesn't apply to me, so it can't be it. I'm afraid that maybe I got the same lockbox official as Minto64 that had initially rejected his request...

Hagitmer,

I remember you mentioning you were not sure if to select "h" for your husband and "b" for you on I-485... What did you finally select?

It's strange. I also selected "b", actually my attorney. We did not have any issues with this. Probably there is another reason.

Hi!

Hello everybody!
Guys, let me thank you first, you all are doing a great job! I am a newcomer. We are living in the US for more than 1 year, we are on J status. I am principal, j1 and my wife is j2. This year my wife was selected in the DV lottery and we decided to proceed with AOS. I have a couple of questions. If they are already answered at this forum could anybody share the link? So...
1. Form I-485: my wife is a winner, she has to put "h'' with explanation dv lottery winner, correct? And I have to select "b"?
2. We are both employed, and she has work authorization permit. Does she need to send a copy of it? Is it mandatory to send letter of employment for both of us?
3. If my wife is a winner, should I send any of my military records?
4. Do we need to send forms I-765 and I-131 if we are not going to travel and we elligible to work ( my wife has work permit and I am working in research.
5. Who needs the police clearance? We don't have any legal issues.
6. Do we have to file our school diplomas both or only the winner. And generaly speaking, what are the differences in the I-485 package of a principal applicant and family members? Are there any at all?
7. Should we send 1 check for 2 applications, or better to send them separately?
8. Our case number is 9xxx, and it will be current in January. Is it stil possible to send it 30 days is advance? I mean if we send it on December 1st?
9. Do we need to complete the form G-325 A both or only principal applicant.
Guys, I am really sorry if some of the questions are already answered here, but I have briefly went through the thread and still have some unclear details. Thank you and good luck with your GC process!;)

Was your I-485 package sent together with your husband's or did you guys send them separately?

Since your husband is the DV winner and his application is being processed already (if I understood you correctly), he should have received his I-797? So maybe you need to include a copy of his I-797, the DV Notification Letter in your package and re-send it? Also maybe you should select option 'H' and indicate DV winner derivative (or something similar to what Minto used, can't remember exactly how it was worded).

On the other hand, give USCIS a call to find out what's going on before re-sending the package.

Hi everyone,

Sorry to bother again but I just want to update that I just got the package back from the USCIS and apparently my request has been rejected since: "priority date could not be established. Please resubmit your application with the proper documentation. The following documentation may be provided:
I-130
I-140
I-360
I-797
or other evidence that an immigration has been filed/approved on your behalf"

As a reminder, I'm on a J1 visa and my husband won the DV lottery and is already in the process of adjusting his status. When I filed my I-485 I check the 'b' box in part 2 of the application.

Do you guys have any idea what's wrong? Thanks again for all your help, it's highly appreciated.

Since you guys are on the J visa status, does the 2-year home residence requirement apply to you? If yes, you need to get the corresponding waivers from USCIS, if you haven't already.

1. Yes, option 'H' for your wife, and option 'B' for yourself. That is what most of us did and our applications were accepted. (Of course there are now 2 known cases in the forum of people who used option 'B' for family members and ran into some sort of issues - but I think the issue isn't strictly with the option itself, there are some other mitigating factors, I guess).

2. There's no need to send a copy of the work authorization, but she may want to include a copy of her employment letter in her package.

3. Not quite sure about this

4. No need to send I-765 (you both have work authorizations already), and no need to send I-131 either (since you're not planning on travelling).

5. Police clearance is not needed. The biometrics you will be doing once your application is accepted includes and FBI background check.

6. Diploma is only required for the winner. You (the husband) should include your marriage certificate with your own I-458 package.

7. The choice is yours. Personally, I sent just one check covering 4 applications without any problem. Some people are recommending sending individual checks for each application.

8. Absolutely not advisable. Don't even consider letting the application be received a day earlier than the current date, if you do not want to stand the risk of the package being returned to you.

9. G-325 (Biographic Information) is required for everyone. (I don't know about G-325A or why you're using that version, I used G-325).

Hello everybody!
Guys, let me thank you first, you all are doing a great job! I am a newcomer. We are living in the US for more than 1 year, we are on J status. I am principal, j1 and my wife is j2. This year my wife was selected in the DV lottery and we decided to proceed with AOS. I have a couple of questions. If they are already answered at this forum could anybody share the link? So...
1. Form I-485: my wife is a winner, she has to put "h'' with explanation dv lottery winner, correct? And I have to select "b"?
2. We are both employed, and she has work authorization permit. Does she need to send a copy of it? Is it mandatory to send letter of employment for both of us?
3. If my wife is a winner, should I send any of my military records?
4. Do we need to send forms I-765 and I-131 if we are not going to travel and we elligible to work ( my wife has work permit and I am working in research.
5. Who needs the police clearance? We don't have any legal issues.
6. Do we have to file our school diplomas both or only the winner. And generaly speaking, what are the differences in the I-485 package of a principal applicant and family members? Are there any at all?
7. Should we send 1 check for 2 applications, or better to send them separately?
8. Our case number is 9xxx, and it will be current in January. Is it stil possible to send it 30 days is advance? I mean if we send it on December 1st?
9. Do we need to complete the form G-325 A both or only principal applicant.
Guys, I am really sorry if some of the questions are already answered here, but I have briefly went through the thread and still have some unclear details. Thank you and good luck with your GC process!;)

AOS 2013 Only

CN: 2013EU00006XXX
10/21/11: Entry to DV lottery
05/22/12: 1st NL (Letter dated 05/01/2012)
05/30/12: mailed DSP-122 to KCC
06/10/12: DSP-122 Received by KCC
06/13/12: DV Payment Mailed ($660 for me and my wife)
06/14/12: DV Payment Received by DOS
06/19/12: Adjustment Letter Confirmation Received
06/20/12: DV Payment Receipt Received
10/01/12: Medical Exam
10/29/12: I-485 Package Received at Chicago LockBox - Express
11/14/12: NOA Received (Text & Email)
11/16/12: NOA Received by regular Mail

It is taking so long for the fingerprints appointment, and the online system is not showing my case yet!! is Anyone having the same problems?

CN: 2013EU00006XXX
10/21/11: Entry to DV lottery
05/22/12: 1st NL (Letter dated 05/01/2012)
05/30/12: mailed DSP-122 to KCC
06/10/12: DSP-122 Received by KCC
06/13/12: DV Payment Mailed ($660 for me and my wife)
06/14/12: DV Payment Received by DOS
06/19/12: Adjustment Letter Confirmation Received
06/20/12: DV Payment Receipt Received
10/01/12: Medical Exam
10/29/12: I-485 Package Received at Chicago LockBox - Express
11/14/12: NOA Received (Text & Email)
11/16/12: NOA Received by regular Mail

It is taking so long for the fingerprints appointment, and the online system is not showing my case yet!! is Anyone having the same problems?

Hi,

It's actually not taking too long for you to get your biometrics notice yet. As for the online system, you'll very likely not see any updates until after your interview.

Dear all,

I have finished fingerprint on Nov.8, as of today, I have not received interview letter yet, would someone share if they are in the same status ? :) thanks. Hope I can receive it this week.

Pryanik is right, you will receive it soon :) We don't see any update in the system as well, even called USCIS, they cannot find it.

Hi,

It's actually not taking too long for you to get your biometrics notice yet. As for the online system, you'll very likely not see any updates until after your interview.

Dear all,

I have finished fingerprint on Nov.8, as of today, I have not received interview letter yet, would someone share if they are in the same status ? :) thanks. Hope I can receive it this week.

balm2013,

I would suggest calling USCIS if its been more than two weeks since fingerprints were taken. You just never know whether they were sent and got lost in mail. As the first customer service reps will not be able to access your case using your MSC... they will esclate to level 2 support who can pull up your case. They will advise whether the interview notice has been sent. Tell them you would like to check on status of Interview date.

I would suggest posting your field office for the benefit of others as they may be others from the same office experiencing delays.

balm2013,

Probably my case is the closest to yours. I had my Bio on Nov. 7th. I haven't heard anything yet. I called USCIS today (it was the second time after completing the Bio). The 2nd-level representative told me that usually it is not possible to see if an interview is scheduled for an applicant. Because, the interviews are handled through the field offices, and they usually do not communicate back with NBC about the interview schedule. Anyway, he said that he cannot see an interview scheduled for me and he also said that this can mean nothing.

But anyway, I think over all, it really depends on your field office, how familiar and quick they are in processing DV cases.

Lets hope we all hear back soon!

Dear all,

Hi everyone
my interview is not really ok that is why I don't reply questions
actually it all smooth at the beginning. Just like everybody shared before, but examiner who can't accept my birth certificate which from
hospital. she wants household register.She wants me mail it back. That really take me 2 weeks to prepare. I just sent yesterday.

So Does anyone had that experience? How long does it take to respond after receiving my document?