• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

hi everyone
I got interview letter at 10/31
date is 11/14

Hi Twf999,

Could you please tell us how was your interview? What other documents did they ask you to bring on your interview letter? We want to hear your good news!!! :)

Pryanik :)

Darkelf,

Your reasons for applying for travel docs and Ead card make sense. Provided you do not activate the EAD card you will still have H-1 status.

Attach the DV receipt to I-485 application. For ease of lockbox officials it might make sense to have three paper clipped packets with the varying support docs.

As you state there is varied information on A# on the web. The lockbox officials will assign you one, their manual states they should look for one on system and if there is none assign you one. Despite my listing the one on EaD card, a different one was still assigned.

There is info on the dv2012 AOS forum on which affidavit to use, look at posts in June, July and August I think. Nuvf posted the adjudicators manual immigration officers use. The affidavit and financial docs are not required at this moment though. Interview letter will list what you must carry.

Not sure if some else has attempted to answer this or not.

Personally, I'm not sure how long the medical exam is valid for. I couldn't even get USCIS to confirm the validity period. If you're certain you'll be current in February, I will suggest you wait till December before getting the medical done.

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know for how long the medical exam report will be valid? I will most probably be current in February. Can I do the medical exam now in November? What are the tests we have to go through and what vaccinations do we need to have?

Thanks in advance.

Pritu

Personally, I'm not sure how long the medical exam is valid for. I couldn't even get USCIS to confirm the validity period. If you're certain you'll be current in February, I will suggest you wait till December before getting the medical done.

Form I-693 (Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record) is valid for 1 year since the date it is signed by the civil surgeon.

Thanks.

I've a question about AOS processing time, it is likely my number will be current in June-2013, will I have time for my AOS application to be finalized before Sep-30?
I've looked at the processing time for the Chicago office and they have the below

Field Office Processing Dates for Chicago IL as of: September 30, 2012
Form Form Name Processing Timeframe:
I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status May 28, 2012
N-400 Application for Naturalization 5 Months
N-600 Application for Certification of Citizenship 5 Months

No, you don't need a personalized letter from USCIS. If you're certain you're not out of status (you have an applicable valid visa, unexpired I-20, you were checked at the point of entry, bla bla bla), then you can proceed with AOS.

Send in DSP-122 Form to KCC if you haven't already done that (some people do not see a need to do that, it's your call). KCC will send a notification letter confirming you intention to proceed with AOS.

Don't worry yourself about that posted processing time. It does not apply to DV selectees because of the requirement for all DV selectees to be processed within the applicable fiscal year of winning the lottery. You will have enough time for your AOS to be finalized before the end of the fiscal year. If you check the DV 2012 thread, you will notice people got interviewed on the very last day of the fiscal year.

Thanks.

I've a question about AOS processing time, it is likely my number will be current in June-2013, will I have time for my AOS application to be finalized before Sep-30?
I've looked at the processing time for the Chicago office and they have the below

Field Office Processing Dates for Chicago IL as of: September 30, 2012
Form Form Name Processing Timeframe:
I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status May 28, 2012
N-400 Application for Naturalization 5 Months
N-600 Application for Certification of Citizenship 5 Months

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Don't worry yourself about that posted processing time. It does not apply to DV selectees because of the requirement for all DV selectees to be processed within the applicable fiscal year of winning the lottery. You will have enough time for your AOS to be finalized before the end of the fiscal year. If you check the DV 2012 thread, you will notice people got interviewed on the very last day of the fiscal year.

My attorney says it is valid for one year

My attorney says it is valid for one year

That's what i thought.

Let me ask you guys this question. So How does the 1 year validity of I-693 get measured ? Will it be based on I485 Submission date or one's interview date. It should be I-485 submission date but just to make sure with you guys.

I did my medical in mid of july, 2012 assuming that i will be current in october or november. As we all know that asian CNs are crawling this year, i don't know when it's going to be current for me. So I"m worried about I-693.

Thanks

That's what i thought.

Let me ask you guys this question. So How does the 1 year validity of I-693 get measured ? Will it be based on I485 Submission date or one's interview date. It should be I-485 submission date but just to make sure with you guys.

I did my medical in mid of july, 2012 assuming that i will be current in october or november. As we all know that asian CNs are crawling this year, i don't know when it's going to be current for me. So I"m worried about I-693.

Thanks

Again, it's valid from the date it is signed by the civil suregon. If it was valid at the moment of I-485 acceptance, there shouldn't be any problems.

Darkelf,

Your reasons for applying for travel docs and Ead card make sense. Provided you do not activate the EAD card you will still have H-1 status.

Attach the DV receipt to I-485 application. For ease of lockbox officials it might make sense to have three paper clipped packets with the varying support docs.

As you state there is varied information on A# on the web. The lockbox officials will assign you one, their manual states they should look for one on system and if there is none assign you one. Despite my listing the one on EaD card, a different one was still assigned.

There is info on the dv2012 AOS forum on which affidavit to use, look at posts in June, July and August I think. Nuvf posted the adjudicators manual immigration officers use. The affidavit and financial docs are not required at this moment though. Interview letter will list what you must carry.

Thank you!

Hi guys!

So at this point, I am done with KCC. I have received the all documents I need to have from KCC. I was waiting to proceed with the USCID once my number gets current.

However, I am moving out from my current place so I am wondering if need to still let KCC know about my new address even though I am done with them. Or can I just proceed with the USCID with my new address?

Thank You!

I think you should simply proceed with USCIS with your new address when your number becomes current.

Hi guys!

So at this point, I am done with KCC. I have received the all documents I need to have from KCC. I was waiting to proceed with the USCID once my number gets current.

However, I am moving out from my current place so I am wondering if need to still let KCC know about my new address even though I am done with them. Or can I just proceed with the USCID with my new address?

Thank You!

Two I-485 packages were sent, only one check has been cashed

Hi all,

My husband and I applied for AOS on 11/7 after our case number was valid. My husband in the primary applicant as he won the DV and I applied on the basis of a derivative status.
Although both I-485 packages arrived in Chicago on 11/8, we noticed that only one check on the sum of $1070 was cashed last week (11/14) while the other hasn't. I'm starting to think that there might be a problem with my application as I don't see another reason for not cashing the second check other than my application has been denied.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this issue and any recommendations as to how I should proceed.

Thanks!

Hagitmer,

I would prefer to use the word rejection rather than denied. If it as rejected on Wednesday you might receive the package Tuesday or Wednesday. No worries though, the rejection reason may range from missing signature or even page on your application.

You can call USCiS customer service and inquire about the application, tell them you would like to inquire about yours as your husbands was accepted. They will transfer you to a level 2 support rep who will ask for your name and address and can then pull up your info. My application was rejected on October 2 but they did not mail the package until the 14th, which was the same day I called to inquire.

Also had you completed the G1145 you would have received text or email acceptances which would have given you indication that there was a problem. Uscis uses the primary applicants G 1145 contacts to notify you on case status.

Hope this helps

Hagitmer,

I would prefer to use the word rejection rather than denied. If it as rejected on Wednesday you might receive the package Tuesday or Wednesday. No worries though, the rejection reason may range from missing signature or even page on your application.

You can call USCiS customer service and inquire about the application, tell them you would like to inquire about yours as your husbands was accepted. They will transfer you to a level 2 support rep who will ask for your name and address and can then pull up your info. My application was rejected on October 2 but they did not mail the package until the 14th, which was the same day I called to inquire.

Also had you completed the G1145 you would have received text or email acceptances which would have given you indication that there was a problem. Uscis uses the primary applicants G 1145 contacts to notify you on case status.

Hope this helps

It does help. I'm on the line with a USCIS representative right now, hopefully we can solve this matter quickly.
Thanks so much!

Hagitmer,

Hope this helps

Minto64,

I talked to a representative and he didn't have any information, meaning they still haven't processed my request. Do you think it makes sense given that I applied with my husband and his request was processed? Also, I wonder if you happen to know if a derivative status takes longer as the USCIS processes the primary applicant's request first.

Thanks again!

Minto64,

I talked to a representative and he didn't have any information, meaning they still haven't processed my request. Do you think it makes sense given that I applied with my husband and his request was processed? Also, I wonder if you happen to know if a derivative status takes longer as the USCIS processes the primary applicant's request first.

Thanks again!

Hagitmer,

I think this depends on how each officer handles files. We received acceptance confirmation of my wife's application and mine exactly at the same time. Maybe you just need to wait some more time and try calling USCIS again on Monday.

online status check

Hello Guys

i dont know if it is normal or not. Please advise

My case no was current by october i send my all documents by oct 01 over night. i did my bio Nov 15th . but i cant still see any info when i check my case status online. i live in San Antonio. is there any one else in same stiuation. Can you guys tell me if it is normal.

Thanks