• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Thanks Minto

I updated my signature, i have selected option b for my wife and daughter and option h for me. Isn't that correct ?
I am gonna resend my daughter application monday including I-797 and cover letter. Also , i have updated my signature.
Thanks for the reply , it a long journey but worth waiting.

actodc

Actodc00,
I really do not know which option is correct as when I selected b my spouses was rejected but it was because mine was rejected for filing early. When I resent I selected h and it was accepted.

I would say use same option that you used originally, b. just include your I -797, a cover letter, G1145 and copy of rejection letter, (so that the lockbox officials can reference it).

Because you are attaching the green page they sent and package was somewhat sorted in the see through plastic you should get the acceptance SMS by Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not quite correct. One can send in the I-485 package to USCIS without receiving the confirmation letter from KCC provided you're not out of status, your number is current, and you've already paid the DV fee and have your receipt.

I am sorry if I have posted wrong information. I read in previous year posts that you need to send second letter with your package. I will check with my friends here who got GC through DV.

Greetings all,
Some of the latest replies got me worried - particularly the ones about receiving the second letter. I sent my forms to KCC in mid-July, and by late-August they were processed - I had this confirmed during a phone call. However, I have not received anything other than the $330 fee payment receipt from their side. My case number will be current in December; so shall I make another phone call at the earliest opportunity?
Other than that, I really haven't found much info for F-1 and AOS combination. I am particularly concerned with the possible necessity of filling out a "sponsorship form", as I am a senior in college and my parents are my sponsors. Do I need to fill out one? Or, if anyone of you went through AOS while you were on F-1 visa; what else do I need to submit with I-485 besides the documents that are stated on the USCIS website?
I appreciate your feedback in advance.
Sincerely,

Greetings all,
Some of the latest replies got me worried - particularly the ones about receiving the second letter. I sent my forms to KCC in mid-July, and by late-August they were processed - I had this confirmed during a phone call. However, I have not received anything other than the $330 fee payment receipt from their side. My case number will be current in December; so shall I make another phone call at the earliest opportunity?
Other than that, I really haven't found much info for F-1 and AOS combination. I am particularly concerned with the possible necessity of filling out a "sponsorship form", as I am a senior in college and my parents are my sponsors. Do I need to fill out one? Or, if anyone of you went through AOS while you were on F-1 visa; what else do I need to submit with I-485 besides the documents that are stated on the USCIS website?
I appreciate your feedback in advance.
Sincerely,

Hello Iamsolost,

We were told by our attorney (we are also F-1) that we show I-134 (Affidavit of Support) only if required on the interview letter. At this point you are still a bit far from getting an interview letter. Mail your I-485 with all supporting documents (copies of passport pages containing biographic data, visas), I-20s, degrees, fees, bank statements, on-campus job letter if you have one, etc.

Contact KCC about the second letter (should be sent by email).

Pryanik :)

Hello Iamsolost,

Mail your I-485 with all supporting documents (copies of passport pages containing biographic data, visas), I-20s, degrees, fees, bank statements, on-campus job letter if you have one, etc.

Contact KCC about the second letter (should be sent by email).

He really shouldn't send in the I-485 package now if he's going to be current in December. Sending in those documents before December 1st will probably end up in the application being rejected and sent back.

He really shouldn't send in the I-485 package now if he's going to be current in December. Sending in those documents before December 1st will probably end up in the application being rejected and sent back.

Right! I did not tell "Iamsolost" to send them right away though. Of course we all have to mail the documents when our case numbers become current according to the Visa Bulletin.

Iamsolost,

If KCC has confirmed by telephone that they have received docs when your CN is current you can file your I-485. You DO NOT need a second letter from KCC to file. As a rule it is better to always get written confirmation when dealing with government offices, so if you must contact them,email for confirmation.
For advise on financial support docs I would recommend you go through dv2012 Aos as there were f-1 members who had posted on financial support docs.

Hello

I'll be current in January which means that if everything's alright I'll be done between February and April. When can I start looking for a new job? Can I start as soon after I sent the i485 package or should I just wait to receive the green card?
Also can I send the i485 package before january? Is there an official rule? I heard we can send it 50 days in advance but sometime they reject the application for early filing.
Thank you.

Hi Kazore,

I think you can start looking for job opportunities but you can't work until you have either a work authorization or the green card on hand. As for the I-485, I wouldn't risk sending it before becoming current according to the Visa Bulletin. In case they reject it for early filing you'd lose some weeks until you receive it back and can resend it and you would be losing precious time this way.

thank you for your response. I'm just going to wait january to send the package. I'm too impatient.

Varxx,
If unsure go with your gut. Sometimes you just never know with the border agents. I do not think KCC notifies uscis, but rather when you send your I-485 package your local Uscis office requests your DV file from KCC. All in all as you mentioned make sure she achieves her J1 two year home residency. Will she have the F-1 visa stamp when she come back?

There is no disadvantage to waiting until January or even later. As you are recently married the more time you have to establish bonafide marriage credentials and documents may be helpful in the long run.

She is coming back on F1 after a differed semester. The other biggest concern we have is proving the two year HRR. It is hard to find information about satisfying HRR compared to obtaining a waiver. Sometimes attorneys scare the hell out of you, with their uncertainties.

This is not quite correct. One can send in the I-485 package to USCIS without receiving the confirmation letter from KCC provided you're not out of status, your number is current, and you've already paid the DV fee and have your receipt.

would Dept of State accept check for principle applicant and spouse if the marriage is after winning the lottery? If they do that would be a better option to go for. It would save us some time if sending the forms to KCC is skipped.

I am sorry if I have posted wrong information. I read in previous year posts that you need to send second letter with your package. I will check with my friends here who got GC through DV.

I think so too, second letter is not required when we send the I-485 package.

Hello

I'll be current in January which means that if everything's alright I'll be done between February and April. When can I start looking for a new job? Can I start as soon after I sent the i485 package or should I just wait to receive the green card?
Also can I send the i485 package before january? Is there an official rule? I heard we can send it 50 days in advance but sometime they reject the application for early filing.
Thank you.

I think if you send the work authorization form with the I-485 package you may receive a EAD card to work legally. This would help you to apply jobs before you receive the green card. This is usually done when applying for green card through other means, I guess it may apply to DV lottery too. Please check.

would Dept of State accept check for principle applicant and spouse if the marriage is after winning the lottery? If they do that would be a better option to go for. It would save us some time if sending the forms to KCC is skipped.

Yes, they will accept the checks.

Absolutely! Just make sure you receive the payment receipt before sending the I-485 package as you will need to include it. Even though the 2nd letter from KCC is not required with the I-458 package, I suggest you still fill out the DS-122 and DS-230 and send them off to KCC in January after your wife's arrival.

Has anyone tried to get update on Biometrics result?

I called FBI and NBC. Both told me that they don't share information about Bios over the phone.

Absolutely! Just make sure you receive the payment receipt before sending the I-485 package as you will need to include it. Even though the 2nd letter from KCC is not required with the I-458 package, I suggest you still fill out the DS-122 and DS-230 and send them off to KCC in January after your wife's arrival.

Thanks united1 and Sm1smom! Do I need to include the marriage certificate and a letter that we got married, when sending the checks, as Dept of state do not have my information?

Thanks united1 and Sm1smom! Do I need to include the marriage certificate and a letter that we got married, when sending the checks, as Dept of state do not have my information?

I think all you need to send with the payment is the 1st notification (selectee) letter. (Come to think of it though, I can't quite remember if I included that letter with my payment or not, since the payment form provides a space for writing the Selectee's CN).

The notification letter you have is not different from what the rest of us have as it does not state the number of dependents (or lack of) that it covers. You should be alright once you indicate the number of people changing status on the payment form. Again, I suggest you wait until your wife returns to the US before making the payment.