• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

I am glad they finally let you in. I tried t0o. It wasn't successful for me though. I guess here in Portland, they are very strict about the rules.

Anyway, I have mine scheduled for next week 11/07.

We did the walk-in biometric yesterday. We preferred walk-in simply b/c the appointed date conflicts with our schedule. We went to the application support center (ASC) at Philadelphia. The ASC guard pointed out that yesterday was not our appointment. She also told us that we could reschedule the appointment if not available :(. But the site was simply empty so she finally let us in :)

Additionally, the guard asked if we have wounds or cuts on our fingers which we don't. She then date-stamped the biometric letter and called the office clerk to confirm once more if they would let us in before our appointment. They said yes. At the end, the clerk scanned through all of our fingers, took pictures, signed and returned biometric letter.

In short, I think it is really case-by-case whether they would let you walk-in. Hope this experience helps.

Is a police report required when doing AOS?

if yes: Then I assume a USA police report will do, since anyone doing AOS is already legally in the USA. Is this correct?
I suppose we're not going to be asked to go back to Europe/Africa/Asia/etc. just to fetch a police report there right?

Signature

hi everyone
I got interview letter at 10/31
date is 11/14

Twf999,

Good for you.
What is your field office(where you will be interviewed) as it will give people perspective of when to expect interviews this year.
For others it looks like once you complete biometrics, the field office schedules interviews.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Twf999,

Could you tell us when did you have your biometrics appointment? Was this the date set on your biometrics letter or you walked in?

Pryanik :)

Derivative Status

Hi everyone,

My husband won the DV-lottery and we're just assembling the I-485 package. We're both currently in the US on J1/2 visas. I'll be applying for AOS together with my husband and I have a question about the documents I need to file. Except for the usual I-485/I-693/birth certificate/marriage certificate and so on, do I need to file for I-130 as well?
I read in the forum that since he won the DV-lottery and the primary applicant, he should fill the 'h' box in the I-485 part 2 whereas I need to check the 'b' box as a derivative status. It's not clear to me though whether I need the I-130 as well and generally what other supporting documents except for the marriage certificate I should send.

Your responses will be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Hi Hagitmer,

Your husband should select "h" and you "b". I-130 is a form not related to DV cases I think... or you mean I-131 (Application for Travel Document)? You both can file I-131 if you wish so, it doesn't hurt. Supporting documents vary but could be copies of employment confirmation letters, latest paystubs, W-2, bank statements, diplomas, etc. All these documents translated into English. Then you take the originals to the interview.

Hajitmer,

Select h as well for yourself and type or write Diversity Visa, derivative spouse. I selected b for spouse and Chicago lockbox rejected it asking for I-130 receipt support. I resubmitted with H and the package was accepted.

There may be some inconsistencies as some have selected B and it has been accepted.

Aside from that you still need to supply copies of I-94, visa pages, all passports, if you are self sponsoring affidavit of support and accompanying financial docs support. Education docs especially for primary) would not hurt to include yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Select h as well for yourself and type or write Diversity Visa, derivative spouse. I selected b for spouse and Chicago lockbox rejected it asking for I-130 receipt support. I resubmitted with H and the package was accepted.

There may be some inconsistencies as some have selected B and it has been accepted.

What? They did?:confused: Now that's new! I guess mine may also get rejected as I selected 'B' for spouse and kids. Yikees!!

The word is " may" as I said there are inconsistencies in acceptance by the lockbox officials.

Another explanation for them using that rejection reason is that in my case the primary application was rejected Bcoz it was received September 28 before program started. So therefore secondary had to be rejected.

I would say H sounds like the better option to use. Once yours is accepted we can then conclude that my spouses was rejected Bcoz primary was rejected.

We selected as I stated above ("h" for primary and "b" for derivative) and had no problems with getting our files accepted. Our forms were filed by our attorney.

Some inconsistency indeed! But then, I guess, like Minto64 explained, reason for the I-130 request could be because the principal applicant's form was received before the current date leading to a rejection.

Hi Hagitmer,

Your husband should select "h" and you "b". I-130 is a form not related to DV cases I think... or you mean I-131 (Application for Travel Document)? You both can file I-131 if you wish so, it doesn't hurt. Supporting documents vary but could be copies of employment confirmation letters, latest paystubs, W-2, bank statements, diplomas, etc. All these documents translated into English. Then you take the originals to the interview.

Thanks, I really appreciate the quick responses!

Best of luck to everyone!

AOS package is ready and it will be Fedex tonight! so excited we are current and with a very low number but kind of freaking out because AS has very low numbers... oh well wish me luck!!!

Based on the signatures of this forum ... i should be receiving biometrics letter in like 2 weeks?? we are in Houston..just in case somebody else is from here...

good luck to everybody!

I am also in Houston.

Once you receive the biometrics notice in 2 weeks, you can possibly try a walk in biometrics. I was successful doing mine today. If doing it on the northwest location, best time for walk in is btw 11 and 11.30.

Best of luck.

I am also in Houston.

Once you receive the biometrics notice in 2 weeks, you can possibly try a walk in biometrics. I was successful doing mine today. If doing it on the northwest location, best time for walk in is btw 11 and 11.30.

Best of luck.

Awesome!.. and for when was your biometric scheduled? thanks for your post!

Was scheduled for 11.14.12. Tried walk in at 8 and they told me best time is 11am when there are less people.

I also had my Bio appointment today. It went smoothly. I was at the center one hour earlier and they were ok with it. It didn't take more than 10 minutes.

I have heard that some people had to re-take it. I hope it doesn't happen to me, since I live two hours away from my ASC.